Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 08:39:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690841
  • Total Topics: 118356
  • Online Today: 861
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: CoC - Western Front - Martlet Map 3 Game 6 report  (Read 127815 times)

Offline Westbury

• Mad Scientist
  • Gaming from Gondolin
    • Westbury Wargamers
Re: CoC - Western Front - Modular Graveyards
« Reply #855 on: February 10, 2022, 10:42:01 AM »
Liking these graveyards Digits, nice job.

Offline Roo

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #856 on: February 12, 2022, 04:08:26 PM »
That’s very cool indeed may I ask what you used for the pathways please chap…currently assembling a parish church so will shamelessly steal a few ideas if I may

Online Digits

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #857 on: February 13, 2022, 12:39:51 AM »
Green stuff (though you could simply use poly filler…..flattened and rolled with a brick imprint roller.   I toyed with doing it with paving slabs but glad I went brick.

Offline Roo

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #858 on: February 13, 2022, 07:58:52 AM »
Cheers just found the images of w.I.p it’s simple and brilliant!

Online Digits

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #859 on: February 13, 2022, 09:07:12 AM »
No worries, simple is always best me thinks!

I’ve done enough for my ww2 needs here.   I will be doing a little more however in my 17th century horror thread

https://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=130402.45

No I need some more firepower…..going to start putting paint to my 10.5cm gun next…

Offline Roo

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #860 on: February 15, 2022, 08:30:18 PM »
Had a look at brick rollers…any recommendations please as the options are bewildering😬

Online Digits

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #861 on: February 15, 2022, 08:54:10 PM »
I can’t really help with others….but I used the small (Dutch?) brick one from green stuff world.  A bit pricey but I like it.

Offline Roo

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #862 on: February 15, 2022, 09:09:05 PM »
Perfect thanks €12 not so bad and if it looks half as good as your work worth every cent

Online Digits

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #863 on: February 15, 2022, 09:13:58 PM »
Cheers bud, I’m sure your parish church will look very good, looking forward to seeing it!

Offline Roo

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #864 on: February 15, 2022, 10:48:11 PM »
It may yet make an appearance on the Interwar board in a few weeks

Online Digits

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: CoC - Western Front - Bazooka Town…..table 3
« Reply #865 on: March 27, 2022, 08:32:13 PM »
We got to play the third map in the Bazooka Town campaign yesterday at Jamie’s.

I’m two nil down, so the stakes are high.   

Jamie has been working on dressing his mdf houses and the results are very slick indeed.  A real pleasure to sit down to a game when they look this good!

Anyway, map three, take and hold the church or force the opposition from the table.

Rolling for starting morale, I roll a pretty pathetic “one” and to cap it off, Jamie rolls a six to determine how many pre moves he gets in the patrol phase, resulting in four extra moves.  Not a great start!

The net result being my jump off points are all crowded into the church corner of the table…not ideal tbh.

Jamie then starts deploying a fire base at the top of th3 table, with a mortar team and a pair of tripod .30 cal MMG’s with jnr leader.    He also then deploys a Sherman tank sitting in an overwatch position at the head of the road. 

In response, I only manage to deploy a sniper who takes up position in a house by the bridge.

He then gets a section, .50 cal and senior leader deployed midway down the left hand edge as you see the table……aggressively pushing on the church…..safe in the knowledge his pre-game barrage will stop me effectively deploying enough to blunt him.

Finally, I manage to deploy my first …….tank!

Yes, I had decided upon seeing the open firing channels running the length of the road and following the course of the river, to play my wild card!

I think this took Jamie a little by surprise….the congested cluster of buildings maybe not being ideal for tanks, with the next map really being the more open.  As such he hadn’t taken much at all to deal with the massive armour values that a pair of Tiger Twos carry!

I really need a win here to give myself a fighting chance of denying him the campaign, so I had decided to church a spanner into the works…..hopefully.

Anyway, announcing its arrival, the Tiger with one shot, knocks out the Sherman…..first blood and a point off the American morale.

Online Digits

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #866 on: March 27, 2022, 08:48:12 PM »
After destroying the Sherman, the tiger then advanced left to start trying to inflict casualties on the group deploying down the left, killing three members of the .50 cal team.

In response, Jamie’s senior leader leader pushes forward with his section and a flame throwing engineering team which I had previously failed to recognise.   There was a chance the flamethrower could cause the crew to rout…..so the Tiger backed up sligh5ly then killed the engineers and slightly wounded the senior leader causing him to move his troops into cover.

Then….Jamie’s luck appeared to change!   He rolled a double six no fewwer than FOUR times, and he ran straight across the bridge and entrée the church!

Online Digits

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #867 on: March 27, 2022, 09:02:35 PM »
The turn ends and I’m now at liberty to freely bring on another unit.

My senior leader, sat in his own Tiger, moves onto the table.   The stow tigers then manoeuvre to positions with a clear line of sight to the church, then unleash a little HE.

The first tank, rolls three sixes, making the roof a little unstable and killing a pair of grunts.    Realising I really needed four sixes to collapse the roof, I kissed the dice and called on the gods of luck and then rolled four sixes for the command tank!!

The roof falls in on the hapless senior officer and his section.   Those that escape the falling rubble exit to the front door.   However, before Jamie could move them into cover, I played my CoC dice to interrupt him, and open fire.    I wounded and dropped the junior section leader and killed enough that they broke and ran, dropping their morale to nothing and handing me the map!

2-1!   I’m back….for now!

After totting up the dead, and calculating replacements, Jamie is down one man for the rematch!

We Hager to play amoung these wonderful buildings once more, but now, I won’t have the benefit of my pussy cats!

I still need to win two battle to win the campaign…but with Jamie’s guys now having the weight of numbers….it’s going to get tough. 

He has to win all five tables in seven rounds, I need to win a total of three times to deny him.   we shall see what happens!

Cheers for the game and the coffee!

Offline MaleGriffin

• Mastermind
  • Don't bother running.... You'll just die tired....
« Reply #868 on: March 28, 2022, 02:05:47 AM »
WOW!  :o

Absolutely gorgeous game! Thank you for the excellent pics!
Hoc quoque transibit
Sanguinem sistit semper

Offline has.been

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #869 on: March 28, 2022, 07:34:47 AM »
WOW!  :o

Absolutely gorgeous game! Thank you for the excellent pics!

Most certainly agree with that. Having seen Jamie's work 'in the flesh' I can
even say the the pictures still don't do the buildings justice.

By the way I believe he is considering parting with his Wild West buildings,
(also gorgeous). If anyone has a serious interest I recommend you contact him.