Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:10:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686604
  • Total Topics: 118111
  • Online Today: 626
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: eMills Supers 3D Sculpts (Slugfest, Supersystem) December 8 '23  (Read 20966 times)

Offline Davies

• Librarian
Re: eMills Supers 3D Sculpts (Slugfest, Supersystem) Nov 5 '22
« Reply #75 on: November 12, 2022, 08:48:00 PM »
I must confess that, when at first I saw your sculpts of the Count and Zoya, I though certain details in their anatomy are too exaggerated. As I am learning how to sculp in Zbrush, I use to sculpt soften details. Fortunately, your castings teach me how wrong I am. The details look fabulous and crisp, and it seems that I need to insist on some areas without fear of being too much sharp before printing them.  I suppose that, at the end, is a trial and error thing.

May I ask which printer you use? I am thinking in an Anycubic Photon Mono 4 for myself.

Offline eMills

• Scientist
« Reply #76 on: November 12, 2022, 08:58:45 PM »
I must confess that, when at first I saw your sculpts of the Count and Zoya, I though certain details in their anatomy are too exaggerated. As I am learning how to sculp in Zbrush, I use to sculpt soften details. Fortunately, your castings teach me how wrong I am. The details look fabulous and crisp, and it seems that I need to insist on some areas without fear of being too much sharp before printing them.  I suppose that, at the end, is a trial and error thing.

May I ask which printer you use? I am thinking in an Anycubic Photon Mono 4 for myself.
It is definitely trial and error. Sculpt some stuff, print and see what works. Adjust sculpt. Repeat. It definitely takes a bit to get used to what needs exaggerated and to what level.

Currently I use a Phrozen Sonic Mini 4K. I will be upgrading to the 8K soon though. Want to squeeze every last little bit of sharpness out that I can. I haven't checked in about 6 months but I believe the Phrozen printers still have the best pixel density (PPI or pixel size) on the market.

Offline fourcolorfigs

• Mastermind
    • http://www.four-colorstudios.com/
« Reply #77 on: November 19, 2022, 10:20:09 PM »
A perfect modern reimagining!

And I will try to reproduce that color scheme!
Scott P.
http://scott-pyle.tumblr.com/
http://www.four-colorstudios.com/

======
"The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places."

--Ernest Hemingway

Offline eMills

• Scientist
« Reply #78 on: December 11, 2022, 11:43:04 PM »
Got my airbrush supplies and some new paints.  Also got my Sonic Mini 8K Printer, so lots of behind the scenes type stuff to do.

For now, a quick shot of Bruiser Benning that I put some base coats on:

Not the best shot (got some stuff to help with that too hopefully), but I was excited to see how nice these Scale 75 metallic paints are.  I thought it would be neat to see his costume in all metallic colors.

This is what the illustration in the rulebook looks like:

I picked up some Contrast paints that I will use for the face and hair.  Hope to have time to finish him soon.

Offline eMills

• Scientist
« Reply #79 on: April 21, 2023, 08:06:10 PM »
Still around and doing some more work on Supers again.

Jaguaro:

Trying to make him look like a superhero version of a Jaguar Warrior.  Really trying to avoid making him a Not-Black Panther.  My idea is that his Macuahuitl are manifested weapons similar to Psylocke's.  I may try to print him in a translucent resin if I can find good ones.  Then paint everything except the weapons.  Might work, might not.

I finally also have an ok setup for photos, so once my day job calms down a bit, I'll hopefully have some decent pictures of physical models to share.

Thanks for stopping by.

Offline leonmallett

• Mastermind
    • Kitbash Games
Re: eMills Supers 3D Sculpts (Slugfest, Supersystem) April 21 '23
« Reply #80 on: April 23, 2023, 10:30:26 AM »
I absolutely love that. :)
Kitbash Games' web-page: http://www.kitbashgames.co.uk/

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #81 on: April 25, 2023, 01:48:46 AM »
Very cool. Love what you've done with all of those 3d sculpts. Nice work.

Offline aircav

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • the aircav saga
« Reply #82 on: May 04, 2023, 02:20:42 PM »
Cracking Stuff  8) :o 8)
I can just imagine Jaguaro leaping up & spinning through the air whilst bringing down on of his obsidian spiked club down onto an bad guy   :) :)

Online Skipper

• Bookworm
« Reply #83 on: May 13, 2023, 01:06:45 PM »
Just curious, but have you tried down scaling a print to 15mm-18mm.  I know much of. The detail would be lost, but it looks like most would downsize effectively.  This is one advantage of the poses not being overly dynamic is my guess. Your efforts might convince me to get into 3d printing.......

I really have enjoyed watching your progress,.  Hard core and Zora are my favorites so far. I'm glad  you went with the star on the chest.....  keep them coming.

Thumbs up!

Skipper
Skipper

"No challenge is too small.......or too large!"

Offline eMills

• Scientist
« Reply #84 on: May 13, 2023, 04:50:41 PM »
Very cool. Love what you've done with all of those 3d sculpts. Nice work.
Cracking Stuff  8) :o 8)
I can just imagine Jaguaro leaping up & spinning through the air whilst bringing down on of his obsidian spiked club down onto an bad guy   :) :)
I absolutely love that. :)
Thanks folks!  I very much appreciate the encouragement.

Just curious, but have you tried down scaling a print to 15mm-18mm.  I know much of. The detail would be lost, but it looks like most would downsize effectively.  This is one advantage of the poses not being overly dynamic is my guess. Your efforts might convince me to get into 3d printing.......

I really have enjoyed watching your progress,.  Hard core and Zora are my favorites so far. I'm glad  you went with the star on the chest.....  keep them coming.

Thumbs up!

Skipper
Thanks!  I appreciate it.  Please feel free to give any other design feedback you might have.  No promises, of course, but I am always open to ideas.

I have not yet tried down scaling, but it is something that I have considered.  You are correct that the less action-oriented poses would make this easier too.

3d printing is fun, but be aware it is an entire hobby in itself.  I definitely think folks who are interested should try it out, but I don't want anyone to be blindsided by the amount of work still involved.  Not quite to the plug-and-play stage yet.

Offline eMills

• Scientist
« Reply #85 on: May 13, 2023, 06:56:33 PM »
Some updates:

My favorite super criminal biker and werewolf, Fenris:

Benning and 6ft Guy as usual included for scaling purposes.  Also, that is a 25mm base Fenris is on.

Getting close to a final design I am happy with.  The pants he is wearing will be common to all the GAROU/Agency operatives.  Will be similar to SHIELD outfits from the comics, but not direct copies, of course.

Toga Wearing Space God had his proportions adjusted a bit.  Still playing around with ideas for the costume.  He is on a 40mm base here.

Some work on Krong.  He is pictured here on a 40mm base, and with the original sculpt I did to show how much better the new one already is.  lol

The basic details are done here I think.  Pose, how much clothing, and which weapon he has, etc.  I'm still trying to come up with details for all those things that don't push him too close to Hulk during the Planet Hulk run.  I also want to be sure to tie him (and The Warriors) back to the Alien Host, since that is how they were introduced originally.

GUARD Power Armor on 25mm base next to Benning and 6ft Guy for scaling.

Finally a design that I like.  This is another one of my favorite scifi tropes (Power Armor Soldier) so I am being super picky.  I also want to use this design as a base for a PA Troop to use with Union forces from the VOR: The Maelstrom game (with suitable differences to the 4 Color Earth version).  VOR was probably my favorite wargame in the 90s, closely followed by Warzone.  I have been gathering lots of ideas to update the VOR designs recently, which is why I have been working on this figure again.  More on that project later.

Anyway, for the 4CE version, I will add details to tie them to Rigger, who in my headcanon is responsible for all the GUARD tech.

Thanks again everyone for stopping by.

Offline eMills

• Scientist
Re: eMills Supers 3D Sculpts (Slugfest, Supersystem) May 13 '23
« Reply #86 on: August 07, 2023, 10:38:15 PM »
Did some more work recently.

The Ox finished

Size comparison with Bruiser Benning and 6' Guy

Started work on the GUARD Grav Sled

Size comparison with 6' Guy

GUARD Logo for decals

Close to a finished pose for Jaguaro

Started work on Big Lou

Size comparison with Bruiser Benning and 6' Guy

Offline leonmallett

• Mastermind
    • Kitbash Games
Re: eMills Supers 3D Sculpts (Slugfest, Supersystem) August 7 '23
« Reply #87 on: August 09, 2023, 05:09:08 PM »
I love Jaguaro - is that your own creation?

Offline eMills

• Scientist
« Reply #88 on: August 09, 2023, 06:08:14 PM »
I love Jaguaro - is that your own creation?
Tanks leon.  The visual design is me, but the character is Scott's creation.

Got some more work done on Hardcore:

Size comparison.

Not sure about the beret since it makes her look like Cammy from Street Fighter to me.  Waiting to hear Scott's opinion.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2023, 06:14:30 PM by eMills »

Offline eMills

• Scientist
« Reply #89 on: December 09, 2023, 12:59:23 AM »
I am trying to avoid posting all digital updates, so I have been waiting until I had some thing physical to post as well.

Some paint WIPs:

Sculpt update on the GUARD Power Armor:

I am thinking that the dome will be clear or tinted instead of a solid piece:

I have a test print done, but the paint on it got messed up, so I am stripping it right now.

Sorry the pictures are so blown out, but I don't have time right now to do better ones.