Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:38:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686589
  • Total Topics: 118109
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: AxolotlQuestion's Sci-fi Explorations (updated 1/6 with Stargrave troopers)  (Read 4173 times)

Offline Battle Brush Sigur

• Mastermind
  • Brush-for-Hire
Re: AxolotlQuestion's Sci-fi Explorations (now with RT Orks!)
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2021, 07:17:21 AM »
Seems like they do! As early 1990s things generally tend to do. Really good figures, and I like the colours you used. Proper sci-fi civilian looking.

Offline Cosmotiger

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2021, 03:15:07 PM »
Yeah, very nice work on the Future Warriors.  That is absolutely one my favorite lines of miniatures ever. The other ones are great as well, but I never get tired of seeing those Copplestone guys.

Offline AxolotlQuestions

• Bookworm
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2021, 06:03:53 PM »
So, the nickstarter arrived and I spared no time getting stuck into the sprues.

Here we have the first two members of the crew.

Rusty Robertson grew up with engines in his blood. His first word was spanner, and everyone said he was going to be a famous engineer when he grew up. Of course once the pirates came, no one needed famous engineers. Now he keeps the Peregrine's engines going, and helps the Captain when there's some interesting tech that needs busting open.

Trooper Johansen was still a happy-go-lucky cadet on his first cruise when the pirates came, and his TO shoved him into an escape pod just in time for him to see his ship, his crewmates, and his friends blasted out of the sky. Johansen doesn't smile much now, unless it's the grim smile he gives when he gets a pirate in the sights of his carbine.

Have to say, I was only so so on the minis when I first got them, but they paint up lovely, and I'm having a hard time resisting doing a whole bunch of kitbashing. First though I need to finish this crew.

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
Very nice work.

Nice unifying colour scheme.

Offline AxolotlQuestions

• Bookworm
Re: AxolotlQuestion's Sci-fi Explorations (updated 10/5 with full crew
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2021, 09:49:44 PM »
Finished my first crew. Captain Rick Callahan, Ex-Star Marshall turned bounty hunter, hunting for the partner that betrayed him, and the crew of the Peregrine.

Next I think I'm going to do some pirates to act as adversaries, and maybe a crew less concerned with law and order than this one. Of course, I've still plenty of terrain to work on.

Offline fourcolorfigs

• Mastermind
    • http://www.four-colorstudios.com/
Awesome work!
Scott P.
http://scott-pyle.tumblr.com/
http://www.four-colorstudios.com/

======
"The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places."

--Ernest Hemingway

Offline Timotl

• Scientist
Great thread. Love seeing the old skool stuff mixed in with current stuff. Bravo! :-*

Offline Chief Lackey Rich

• Mastermind
"...grew up with engines in his blood..."

With right nanotech injections that could be literal rather than a euphemism.  :)

Offline Dicetales

• Student
inspiring looks so good super model poses! and paint jobs

Offline AxolotlQuestions

• Bookworm
So, I decided to start putting together the miniatures needed for the Dead or Alive solo supplement for Stargrave, mainly using the trooper kit. Decided to theme them as a kind of intergalactic Blackwater, ready to hire out as protection for the marks. I figured they could also double up as a back up crew for demo games.

Tyrian Interstellar Security Corporation Amalgamated
TISCA is the galaxy's premier mercenary private military company, known for its utter professionalism, and complete lack of morals when it comes to accepting jobs. Whether it's suppressing strikes or protecting genocidal dictators, as long as the credits are good, TISCA's goons will be there.

Whether terran or alien, as long as you are willing to put any moral qualms aside in exchange for a fistful of credits, TISCA doesn't discriminate.