Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 03:24:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690824
  • Total Topics: 118354
  • Online Today: 861
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online
Users: 5
Guests: 754
Total: 759

Recent

Author Topic: "Never trust anyone on the Frontier" an ...epic NWF Campaign  (Read 99227 times)

Offline CPT Shanks

• Scientist
Re: "Never trust anyone on the Frontier" an ...epic NWF Campaign
« Reply #660 on: July 20, 2022, 02:34:41 AM »
 Surprised Umra Khan has not already dropped these two into a dark hole in Mogala.
"welcome to the world of cascading failure"

Offline CPT Shanks

• Scientist
« Reply #661 on: July 20, 2022, 02:35:40 AM »
Tor Ghar mid winter. The Britishers, so insufferable during the fall have pulled back to Abbottabad and their forts along the frontier, now we could strike those who shared their salt. The Chagarzai, who brought down destruction on our villages by the foul ferenghees. Now we would have our revenge and recover the food stores, goats, and cattle yo see us through the long winter.  Our loose alliance with the Azakai to the west, forged with Ghul Akbar, a son of our villages, will provide an anvil for us to hammer the  hagarzai on. We will drive them from their homes and from the beautiful  Tor Ghar. With Mersey's guidance.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2022, 12:02:23 AM by CPT Shanks »

Offline CPT Shanks

• Scientist
« Reply #662 on: July 20, 2022, 11:07:18 PM »
Boolah Pass, a band of warriors sit in the cold, small fires providing the only heat while these warriors guard the back door into the lands of the Chagarzais. Despite the cold there is no snow in the pass so it's security is paramount. But it is winter, the Britishers are back in their forts, warm, unwilling to step into the cold barren hills north of Tor Ghar, the bands guarding the pass are more concerned with staying warm, and enjoying a little hashish and chai against the cold.

From the east a lashkar of Nandihar and Allai warriors, newly supplied with rifles, creeps up the valley towards the pass. They stealthily move to their final positions and await the return of the scouts.
Ibrahim Suleman stares across to the pass. All is quiet, but the tell tale glow of fires off of the nullahs tells him there are guards about, though clearly not quite vigilant.

His scouts creep back to the main force and report the pass itself is clear of Chargazai. Now is the time to strike the Chagarzai dogs, comfortable in front of their fires.  Soon enough we will be warming ourselves with their chai while their bodies freeze in the night.
He signals down to Gulla Ahmed who rushes his fierce tribesmen up the valley into the pass...
« Last Edit: July 21, 2022, 12:01:41 AM by CPT Shanks »

Offline Umra Khan

• Scientist
« Reply #663 on: July 21, 2022, 01:59:11 PM »
Surprised Umra Khan has not already dropped these two into a dark hole in Mogala.

Soon or later...
Signed Umra khan

« Last Edit: July 21, 2022, 02:01:03 PM by Umra Khan »

Offline CPT Shanks

• Scientist
« Reply #664 on: July 21, 2022, 06:33:47 PM »
The Battle for Boolah Pass

Ibrahim Suleman led his band into a copse of trees overlooking the pass and immediately lit up his hookah.  The hash clouded over his mind and soothed his old wounds and he watched confidently as his warriors put his plan into action.

Gul Hassani charged his faithful at the double up beyond the crest of the pass and attacked the Chagarzai squatting in the alcove, seeking respite from the cold in the high rocks overlooking the pass.  The surprise attack and ferocity of the warriors was offset by the advantage of higher ground and the Chagarzai  struck down a third of the faithful, driving them back down to the pass pinned.

Seeing this, Khan Walli who'd been following close behind directed his Allai warriors to fire on the britishers' dogs, killing a few of them and pinning them in the rocks.

Ibrahim continued to observe as his battle unfolded. Khan Walli pushed up the hill which bought time for Gul Hassani to  rally his warriors only to watch a unit of Ghazis appear from the rocks and crash into them.  The fighting was fierce between the two bands of warriors, tulwars slashed down, steel on steel, and steel through flesh, before the ghazis were driven back with minor losses to both units. Gul Hassani had held the pass, but then lost control of his warriors as they counter charged driving the ghazis back.

The Allai warriors fired into the Chagarzai on the heights and killed fully a third of the worthless curs, driving them down the mountain, then quickly consolidated the position occupying the heights above the pass.

Mohmad Saeed, his force nearly halved, routed from the pass. His only hope of salvaging his honor was to warn Shafqut Khan of a great attack at the pass.

Yaqub Hussain, though inexperienced, inspired his ghazis with flowery prose into forcing the heights to retake the high ground and attempt capturing the rifles; but were again repelled at a loss of a quarter of his warriors.

From the nullah to the south Bhal Famrah forced the pass killing Gul Hassani and his remaining warriors, Bhal, a hot blooded leader, fell leading the charge, a great tulwar cleaving his head from his body.

Khan Walli's Allai fired into the retreating ghazis killing more of them and driving them down the valley.  Ibrahim Suleman, chagrined at the bothersome new threat, ordered his warriors to fire onto the Chargazai on the pass killing a good number of them and driving them back off of the pass.
Both of the Chagarzai bands rallied and turned again into the withering fire. Yaqub, so eager to prove himself, fell under the Allai fire. Remnants of Bhal's unit, stuck between Ibrahim's fire and the heights, charged against the Allai warriors and were driven back losing a full half of their number. Their resolve broken, they too ran from the carnage.

The Nandihar and Allai warriors had taken Boolah Pass.  Ibrahim Suleman ordered his warriors to secure their positions overlooking the pass and to finish off any of the fallen or stragglers lurking Chagarzai dogs among the rocks. Taking another deep draw on his hookah he exalted praises on Mersey for shining down on the field of battle. "Just as I had planned."

Offline CPT Shanks

• Scientist
« Reply #665 on: July 26, 2022, 06:17:57 AM »

Offline Mad Guru

• Mad Scientist
    • Maiwand Day blog
« Reply #666 on: July 26, 2022, 10:29:31 AM »
Holy defamation league moly!!!  If Umra Khan was an Englishman he'd sue that rag for slander!!!  Quite eloquent slander, I'll admit, but slander nonetheless.  One might expect him to dispatch some... representatives, to pay a visit to the editorial office.

'Tis a sad day indeed when the "free press" becomes a tool of political special interests... and even factions within Her Majesty's Forces.
"We shall see what wisdom lies beneath my madness!"

Offline giorgio

• Scientist
« Reply #667 on: July 26, 2022, 12:58:04 PM »
Umra Khan...an Englishman!?!?!? lol oh my... I can understand hyperbole and exageration but... please, everything has a limit...everything but Mulehead's thirst for power!!! >:D

Offline JBaumal

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #668 on: July 26, 2022, 02:20:06 PM »
Holy #%€\! Capt Shanks is on a roll!!!

Well done sir.

Offline giorgio

• Scientist
« Reply #669 on: July 26, 2022, 06:25:29 PM »
A quick reply to some new fake imitation papers…

Our most loyal readers would swap Pesh Trib subscription nor for the carcass of a jackal, neither for a camel's one. Well perhaps for both…

« Last Edit: July 26, 2022, 06:36:15 PM by giorgio »

Offline giorgio

• Scientist
« Reply #670 on: July 27, 2022, 11:34:16 AM »
Today 142 years ago Maiwand battle was fought. The better site for wargamers to go deep in it is Mad Guru's http://maiwandday.blogspot.com/ . After browsing and enjoying it you need some purification celebrations due to heresy spreading all over from those pages. Among the other sins this blog is one of the main responsible (with Umra Khan of course) for my colonial afghan passion and the original seed which generated this topic.  Merit or fault? For me for sure the opportunity to get in touch with a bunch of new friends I like a lot!

Offline JBaumal

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #671 on: July 27, 2022, 09:27:25 PM »
I do believe the gauntlet has been dropped, now they must fight. LOL

Offline MaleGriffin

• Mastermind
  • Don't bother running.... You'll just die tired....
« Reply #672 on: July 28, 2022, 12:42:27 AM »
Amazing! Vivid imagination! Thank you for sharing this with us!
Hoc quoque transibit
Sanguinem sistit semper

Offline Umra Khan

• Scientist
« Reply #673 on: July 28, 2022, 09:07:16 AM »

Distinguished Editor of the Peshwar Lancer,
may God  show you the right way. I have read the accusations and the smearing suspicions about me.
They are all falsehoods that come from a poisonous tongue from  Wana, famous snakes' basket. Know that the snake in question has already had its head crushed.
This was the will of God, I was only His instrument.
May God listen to my words I have never plotted against my English friends, proof of this is that Captain Townsend is in good health and attends my humble dinners in my poor palace .

Merciful God Knows That I Speak the Truth, I have just stopped an arms trade, directed to the Black Mountain, ordered by a certain El Shank Din; my assassins are on his trail to assure him of mine Divine justice!

May God  listen to me !

Signed
Umra Khan

« Last Edit: July 28, 2022, 09:39:31 AM by Umra Khan »

Offline giorgio

• Scientist
« Reply #674 on: July 28, 2022, 09:42:44 AM »
Amazing! Vivid imagination! Thank you for sharing this with us!
Thanks MaleGriffin, great news are coming! By the way, checking the registers it seems you are a little late with subscription monthly payments...for sure only an unfair burocratic delay...