Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:51:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: "Never trust anyone on the Frontier" an ...epic NWF Campaign  (Read 95981 times)

Offline Mad Guru

• Mad Scientist
    • Maiwand Day blog
Re: "Never trust anyone on the Frontier" an ...epic NWF Campaign
« Reply #60 on: June 21, 2021, 07:37:21 AM »
Giorgio, I will reply "out of the saga" as you so neatly put it.  Here's a LINK to a related post RE: making more modest "Rocky Terrain" rather than the large rocky hills or mountains:

https://maiwandday.blogspot.com/2012/11/rocky-terrain.html

Also, previously on the aforementioned related thread, you eloquently declared -- and I quote:

I prostrate myself at your feet and I rely on your wise suggestions to eradicate Umra's contagious pestilence...
In my new flag is written in Urdu "Death to Feringhi"...
But to increase my youths morale I should complete the bases ...

I strongly agree about your bases... but of course I can't help you with them!  But your Tribal Flags are a different matter.  I don't know if you are aware but a little under a year ago I posted an article on "AFGHAN MILITARY FLAGS" on a new website.  My older daughter built the site for me when she was stuck at home for a while during the pandemic lockdown.  I had dreams of doing a lot of cool stuff on that new site but after she went back to school in the middle of last Summer it turned out I was unable to post anything new on it or even edit any of the content she had transferred there.  However, the Afghan Flag article is still there and easy to access via this LINK:

https://maiwandday.com/2020/07/27/afghan-military-flags/

It has written and visual information from a variety of 19th Century contemporary sources.  In the year since I first wrote it I've managed to gather a few more c.1897 tribal flag photos.  She just came home for a few weeks and hopefully can help me crack the code for editing material on that website, so I can update/improve the article in question.

The Mad Guru still hopes and prays that the flags of the False Fakir of Waziristan and all those who pledge allegiance to his Heretical Writ -- such as Mulehead the Defiled -- are trampled and burned in defeat... but they still should be the nicest flags possible!
« Last Edit: June 22, 2021, 12:46:01 AM by Mad Guru »
"We shall see what wisdom lies beneath my madness!"

Offline Mad Guru

• Mad Scientist
    • Maiwand Day blog
« Reply #61 on: June 21, 2021, 07:48:01 AM »
...also, just to pile on the "RULE BOOK PHOTOS" bandwagon/mule-train that's rumbled through this thread:

Offline Umra Khan

• Scientist
« Reply #62 on: June 21, 2021, 09:54:00 AM »
...also, just to pile on the "RULE BOOK PHOTOS" bandwagon/mule-train that's rumbled through this thread:

You know my friend Mad Guru  that I completely agree with you, what you shown here are only the official Rule sets, but don't forget the authorized amandements and the home grown modifications done in these years.
Certainly the BEST rule set for Colonial battle by far.

The fate will be on our side because we are right !
( old Afrid proverb )

Offline giorgio

• Scientist
« Reply #63 on: June 21, 2021, 11:01:52 AM »
Mad of Fools, once you were the light of Holy followers, for my flags of course I used your article, what else??? Only the messages on the flags are free translations in Urdu... I'm wondering: as EVERY item 'bout NWF refers to you, whatever the web site I started from, it will be very difficult to eradicate the memory of your name among the old Pashtans. So I have 2 choices: 1st, my preferite, to kill all Afridis over 6, otherwise I will accept to just kill who pronounces your name instead than that of Mad of Traitors. Anyway your impressive scenario suggestions  and wargaming ideas are precious and do deserve an award. When I'll get you I will provide a quick death, without all the sufferences reserved for Umra the Untrue and the other innominable followers of the false books.
(thanks really for the big amount of material and ideas your blog provides).
I Mulehead, Azeer of all Punjab say: One is the Book, He was He is and He shall be. Your false rule is already degenerated with many expansions, amendaments, home rules: bid ah!
If you renegade your false idols books, El Ospreyy will forgive you and you 'll pass the rest of your life in penitence and hard work, to build me rocks as nice as yours by the way, in the crude caves where Umra will ask  for death to stop his terrible sufferences.
The destiny of Infidels is arriving in Gulla Jan Kot pass ! One is the Book!
« Last Edit: June 21, 2021, 11:29:30 AM by giorgio »

Offline Umra Khan

• Scientist
« Reply #64 on: June 21, 2021, 11:47:52 AM »
In the sacred scriptures it is reported that the infidel who betrays the laws of his fathers and grandfathers   grandparents great-grandparents great-great-grandparents cousins ​​and collaterals up to the seventh grade will pay their sins by repeating 1000 times ... there is only one verb and it is TSATF.

Fullerton will be defeated at Gulla  Jan Kot  by false faith in TMWWBK this devil's writing will be his sentence, no one can challenge the might of the Afridis and TSATF without paying the price
So be it written , so be it done

Omar The Bright
grandson of the Generous , Supreme , Maximus  Umra The Great , Father of all Believers. Master of the Sacred Faith in the Holy Book TSATF.

« Last Edit: June 21, 2021, 12:24:50 PM by Umra Khan »

Offline giorgio

• Scientist
« Reply #65 on: June 21, 2021, 03:10:42 PM »
Attention to Gen Davenport
Sir I'm just entering into Gulla Jan Kot. After this pass the road to Bannu lies without  further main obstacles. No Pathans in site, they are still running after the defeat got in Spinwam. I'm looking forward to meeting you soon and march together to Wana to get the head of the bandit Mulehead. The presence of Capt "Lucky" Attenborough and his gallant lancers is a further boost for the morale of my guides, even if it is perhaps too bold to get 50% of my troops in cavalry, but after this last pass it will be a dramatic plus for my fighting force.
Tomorrow we cross the pass and soon we'll join the forces. Yours Faithfully Col Fullerton
« Last Edit: June 22, 2021, 10:16:24 AM by giorgio »

Offline giorgio

• Scientist
« Reply #66 on: June 22, 2021, 07:50:50 AM »
June 22nd 1890
 Sir I respectfully send to you the summary of the message that the bandit Mulehead has received from Spinwam by one khan of his, specifically theWaziri  bandit El Quartah,  that were  reported by our spy still hidden in the roof of his tower. The relevant message speaks about a skirmish happened at Gulla Jan Kot involving Col Fullerton flying column , for your due information and necessary actions.
Humble servant   Tanas Singh, Subedar 2 Sikh company of Guides PFF.

My humble respects to you, Mighty among the Mightiest, Defender of True Book, Torch in the darkness of heresy, Fire in the ice of sins.
We have witnessed a great battle at Gulla Jan Kot which was a further demostration of the Power and True of the Right Rule.
It is written: "you will not have more than 1 squadroon" but the Feringhis ignored the True Word and entered the pass with 50 % of cavalry:
Fullerton and his guide in advance and the infamous capt Attenborough in the rear with his lancers with ridiculous decorated pennants, in the middle marched 2 companies of Guides (devoted Muslim Punjabi and much hated Sikh).
The Coward Omar directed his hundreds vily warriors divided in 5 units, hindered like jackall behind high rocks , ready to kill like snakes and to give no quarter to any defeated.
Infantry guides were shot by Samad’s boys with an unbelievable number of 6; I wonder where they have taken such formidable rifles.
Fullerton charged uphill on the right of Afridis’deployment but was repulsed, on the left Attenborough conducted a gallant charge and repulsed Musa Din rabble but they retreated uphill and he could not follow up. Samad cowards quit but no other was impressed by that and devasting fire destroyed all the lancers.
At that point Fullerton wisely decided to retreat towards Bannu and Omar the coward, whose unit didn’t shot a single bullet, fall back to Spinwam.
I was not impressed by they new rifle fire power, but more wisely decided to avoid to  attack his renegades and looted the territory around Thal where blessed by Almighty Rule we collected a lot of mules and camels and with the rich booty we are heading back to Idak to receive your new order, I attach also some sketches of the fight, Mighty Light of True Rule followers! Your faithful son El Quartah Khan.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2021, 02:33:49 PM by giorgio »

Offline Umra Khan

• Scientist
« Reply #67 on: June 22, 2021, 10:04:50 AM »
June 22nd 1890
Infantry guides were shot by Samad’s boys with an unbelievable number of 6; I wonder where they have taken such formidable rifles.

Is The Frontier .....where everyone has their truth.
Omar The Shining must thanks his formidable uncle, The Mighty among The Mighty , the Immense Umra Khan for the weapons provided to him.

Now the Malicious Wazir the False Fakir knows where his weapons went !
« Last Edit: June 22, 2021, 10:12:11 AM by Umra Khan »

Offline giorgio

• Scientist
« Reply #68 on: June 22, 2021, 01:55:09 PM »
Attention to Gen Davenport
Sir I inform you that we have been attacked at Gulla Jan Kot pass by thousands of well armed pathans. My Guides opposed an heroic defense but were repulsed by huge numbers of bandits. Our troops retreated in good order and dispersed a whole unit of well armed bandits. Unfortunately Capt Attenborough who was in charge to patrol the ridge was surprised by Pathans and all his squadron dispersed and killed. The lost of my right wing put in serious risk my counter offensive which was starting to produce its fruits and I had to stop my attack. Now we are marching very quickly to Bannu and i beg you to immediately send some troops to cover our safe arrival.
Yours Faithfully Col Fullerton

Offline Umra Khan

• Scientist
« Reply #69 on: June 23, 2021, 03:47:28 PM »
I Omar the Handsome grandson of the Great Umra defeated the Feringhi Fullerton using the TSATF Book of Faith.
His unfaithful dogs were attacked in Gulla Jan Kot, which will now be renamed "the Kot of the Slain" by constantly keeping me out of the line of fire, thus being able to better direct operations.
His lancers have been wiped out with my new rifles and ... with the 6 on my personal magical die.
Now the Feringhi Fullerton escapes like a madman in the plain looking for safety, he will bring to his leaders the news of the defeat and the power of the Afridis.
So be it written, so be it done.

Offline Mad Guru

• Mad Scientist
    • Maiwand Day blog
« Reply #70 on: June 24, 2021, 12:20:07 AM »
All praise to Omar, grandson of Umra and new Lion of Allah!  See him roar yesterday, hear his words today and ponder his echo tomorrow -- the echo of praise for the True Book of Rules, Almulaqab: TSATF!  Behold his victories, won with blood, sweat and steel -- and the torn pages of the Unbelievers, Almulaqab: TMWWBK!  From this day forth shall Omar be counted by the Mad Guru amongst The Black of My Eyes!  Let a pomegranate tree be planted to commemorate his deeds, and a date tree to ferment the date!
« Last Edit: June 24, 2021, 07:44:19 AM by Mad Guru »

Offline Umra Khan

• Scientist
« Reply #71 on: June 25, 2021, 11:51:47 AM »
The situation on the Frontier seems currently static. in the south the Simmons column is entrenched in Tank, in the north Davenport is close to Bannu to lick his wounds. he asked Gen Blood for a new brigade to replenish the losses suffered in Gulla Jan Kot, and prays every day that no more Lancers  arrive.... even if Col.Fullerton says that with another few squadrons he would have been the winner....the Frontier Mulehead's Waziris, in typical Pashtun style, proclaim themselves the winner and are celebrating the rich looty in the raids of El Quartah Khan....., the Afridis celebrate the victory over Fullerton and the new rifles...,. It is therefore time for the Waziris and Afridis to kick off the Pashtun national sport "Pashtunwali" with the application of "Badal" the retalation !
So for Omar The Beauty and his Afridis it is time to present the bill to El Quartah ... an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth, a mule for a mule, a camel for a camel...this is life Frontier style!
Few pictures of our... heroes!😆 will follow....

Offline Umra Khan

• Scientist
« Reply #72 on: June 25, 2021, 12:06:36 PM »
Camels and mules take the road to Waziristan...the El Quartah looty .

Omar the Marvelous and his Afridis are a " little bit annoyed" to discovered the mules and camels gone...

few hours later.....it is a well known mathematical rule:
if 2 camels and 1 mule go to Waziristan, then 2 camels and 2 mules come back to Tirah...
the Omar's theorem.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2021, 12:21:41 PM by Umra Khan »

Offline giorgio

• Scientist
« Reply #73 on: June 27, 2021, 07:48:21 AM »
June 27th 1890
 Sir I respectfully report to you the voices which are spread around the firecamp in the pashtan caravans and where collected by our spy. Voices claim that Umra has sent to a Waziri bandit nicknamed “The Scavenger” a rich caravan consisting of the camels raided by Omar the Beautiful to El Quartah Khan  in their never ending border raids in the North of Waziristan. 
In this camps, during the cold and dark hours which anticipate the night, old Pashtans tell that the rich caravan is a prize for the head of an enemy of Umra’s, but it seems that nobody knows who will be the victim of this ruthless killer, the right hand of the infamous bandit El Growly Khan.
In the meantime some messages arrived to the bandit Mulehead from South (summary of the message that the bandit Mulehead has received by one khan related t0 him, specifically his nephew, the Waziri  bandit The Scavenger, are attached. They were  reported by our spy still hidden in the roof of his tower with some sketches about the reconstruction of the incident involving The Scavenger and his boss El Growly and about Mulehead receiving the message. What is impossible to understand are: who is/will be the victim of the scavenger? How could El Growly fall from a rock into a knife if all around his body terrain is flat? The relevant message deals also about a change of power in the area close to Kajuri Kach; for your due information and necessary actions.
Humble servant   Tanas Singh, Subedar 2 Sikh company of Guides PFF.

Dear Uncle Mulehead, Azeer of alI Waziris, defensor of True Book, future king of all Afghanistan, I Muhammad Ali Jarryd the Scavenger, new khan of all Waziris leaving south of Kajuri Kack, I cry the death of El Growly Khan unfortunately fallen from the top of a rock just over an afridis knife left on the ground, strangely very similar to my old one lost in a ravine, I took the responsibility to rally all his followers and start a new Jihad to repel all the kafiris and establish the law of the True Rule. Gomal river will be the grave of the feringhis and next step I'll relieve Tank! Be the light of True Rule brilliant light like a torch in a cave to show the path of Justice to the holy believers! Your humble nephew Muhammad the Scavenger

« Last Edit: June 27, 2021, 09:38:32 AM by giorgio »

Offline Umra Khan

• Scientist
« Reply #74 on: June 28, 2021, 08:35:26 AM »
While Simmons' Brigade is still entrenched in Tank, news arrives of a local Malik who in Khajuri Khak is poking men against the Raj.
He talks about a new rule  that would stop the bullets of the Feringhi.
He is said to be Zarin Khan , a Zakka Khels Afridi, a former Subedar of the 40th Pathans who deserted taking some soldiers with him.
Gen Simmons instructs Capt. Forsyth to go to Khajuri K and arrest the self-styled Malik.
Capt. R.F. Forsyth will bring with him 2 platoons of the Corps of Guides, newly arrived in Tank  .

Capt. Forsyth and his Guides

Tribesmen ready to battle

The Guides attacking