Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 05:16:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Poll

Which is you favorit Difficult Terrain in this group?

Vanvlak: Field
0 (0%)
Daeothar: Collapsed Overpass
62 (49.2%)
Tomrommel1: Difficult Terrain for Vietnam
6 (4.8%)
Mick in Switzerland: Difficult Terrain
38 (30.2%)
Dolmot: Little Embuggerance
4 (3.2%)
pistolpete: Cliffhanger
16 (12.7%)

Total Members Voted: 126

Voting closed: July 01, 2021, 10:45:22 PM

Author Topic: Round 1, Group Vanvlak-Daeothar-Tomrommel1-MickinSwitzerland-Dolmot-pistolpete  (Read 4216 times)

Offline Clach Umha

• Librarian
« Last Edit: May 15, 2022, 08:08:47 AM by Clach Umha »
Getting excited & making jokes about dropping Nepalm on little Asian Children in a Viet' village doesn't make it ok just because 'it's wargaming & not real'. You wanker scum need to look again at the real photographic horror of such chemical weapons. Seriously Disgusting mind set amongst some you.

Offline Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
But, but, red ones go faster don't they? ;)
Absolutely, but maybe this time, the red one went a little bit too fast? lol

...I will need to stand strong in decision by what the theme laid out as integral to the build & not be swayed by finesse or personal attraction...
They all play a part when voting; complete objectiveness after all is impossible.

One thing you did not mention though, is the gaming system for which each piece is made for. The different rules often dictate what constitutes as 'difficult ground' in their own vernacular, and they're sometimes very different in their definition...

Miniatures you say? Well I too, like to live dangerously...
Find a Way, or make one!

Offline pistolpete

• Mad Scientist
  • Rent money is for rent - telly savalas
Why did i have to be placed such a difficult/talented group?  Although the other groups are also pretty amazing.  For a first time entrant a bit overwhelming - next time i’ll have to really up my game.

These are all superb pieces and a difficult choice for selecting one.  If we were allowed two votes then my choices would be more difficult.

Offline mikedemana

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Investigating curiosities around the globe...
    • Worldwidemike
As far as I am concerned, these entries are all winners! Wow!!  :o

Mike Demana
http://leadlegionaries.blogspot.com/

Offline cahrn

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Librarian
Nicely done all around. It's fun seeing the different ideas everyone had for the build. Yet again I'm impressed by the size of some of the builds people have undertaken. This group has six great entries that I would like to have on my table when gaming!

Offline gnomehome

• Mad Scientist
Congrats to all participants - excellent work. Thank you for participating, sharing and inspiring.
I like my games like my orange juice: pulpy with no added sugar or artificial sweeteners

Offline Clach Umha

• Librarian
« Last Edit: May 15, 2022, 08:02:50 AM by Clach Umha »

Offline pistolpete

• Mad Scientist
@clachUmha - if were having a hard time deciding you should have asked me and i would gladly help you cast your vote.  Don’t leave anything to chance when help is freely available.   lol

Offline AKULA

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
    • Little Wars
Looking forward to seeing any additional WIP photos later on...great work all round.

Congratulations to Daeothar on progressing to the next round  :)

Offline Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
Cheers Akula, same to you! :)

To the rest of the entrants in this poule; awesome work, everyone of you! There are so many great entries that are eliminated in the first round, which does not reflect on their level of craftsmanship, creativity and work at all, because there are so many that I feel deserve to progress up the competition as well.

Alas, that's the nature of these competitions, and I'm sure I'll be having the same experience when round two closes, as I'll be up against the likes of the above Akula, AndyM and DrMathias, and I think I know how that will end for me... ::)

In the end though, I think we can collectively be very happy with how this competition went (or is going), as the net result is that we all have a wonderful new piece of difficult terrain for our respective tables, which, to me, is the actual end goal of it all! :)

Offline AKULA

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
    • Little Wars
Alas, that's the nature of these competitions, and I'm sure I'll be having the same experience when round two closes, as I'll be up against the likes of the above Akula, AndyM and DrMathias, and I think I know how that will end for me... ::)

To be honest I think whatever the pairings are, both semi-finals (and the final) will be really close.

The great thing is that LAF’ers have 4 very different interpretations of the theme to choose from

:)

Offline pistolpete

• Mad Scientist
Congrats to daeothar.  It’s well deserved and makes a great piece.  Next time I’ll be be better prepared for the level of competition.

Offline Vanvlak

• Galactic Brain
Congrats Daeothar - superb job there.  :-*
I seem to have the rather dubious honour of having come last, even considering all heats!
Looking forward to the next rounds, to see the winners slug it out - and to next year's BSC.

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
And ask per yesterday we have a winner:

DAEOTHAR!

Congratulations!

You have until tomorrow to submit a new photo if you like!

Offline pistolpete

• Mad Scientist
@hammers you misspelled my name.