Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 10:37:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690331
  • Total Topics: 118326
  • Online Today: 594
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Conan - painting up the "Kings pledge" and a lot of expansions 2023-09-15  (Read 28460 times)

Offline Anatoli

• Scatterbrained Genius
Deep Ones finished; a speed painted process that turned out OK. I could have spent more time on them, but honestly painting time has been limited these past couple of weeks and I just want to finish stuff as soon as possible whenever possible. Big monsters present an opportunity for speed painting as they often are ideal for more "broad strokes" painting with airbrush and washes.

Next up will be the 3 remaining characters from the Conqueror expansions before I start working on the giant apes/children of Ghullah.

Offline Bloggard

• Scatterbrained Genius
arrrgh - brilliant !!

and I say 'arrgh' coz I wish you wouldn't keep on saying that such great paint-jobs are 'speed-paints'  lol
the results look fantastic.

Offline Cacique Caribe

• Mastermind
  • Gelatinous Legal Alien
That “Manifestation of Yog” creature is amazing!

Dan

Offline Anatoli

• Scatterbrained Genius
Thanks guys!  :)
Of course my sons cold moved on to me, so I'm sitting with a headache and a runny nose - but super pumped to get the next few characters painted up. Especially the grotesque looking "Gorm" who looks like an ogre  lol Also very happy that Monolith decided to do another take on Baal-Pteor as the original sculpt was both too slim and very boring, new one is bulky and have a great "head crushing" pose  :D

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
You've done an amazing job here.
Someone really needs to make a Conan TV series, GOT was a hit, possibly paving the way for something like conan but not that cartoon (which I loved as a kid)

Offline Anatoli

• Scatterbrained Genius
After a very long break I returned to painting my Conan minis this weekend. Simply had no energy or inspiration to paint for a long stretch, perhaps a bit exhausted combined with lots of stuff going on at work. Anyway, I hope this will spark another painting spree to have me finish the remaining miniatures from the Conqueror expansion.

Today I finished "Gorm". Next up are the two remaining characters/villains from the Conqueror expansion - a much better looking revised version of Baal P'teor, and Xaltotun.

Offline Anatoli

• Scatterbrained Genius
Xaltotun painted up.

Painting this character up I got the Ten Commandments images flashing in my head  lol

Offline mellis1644

• Mad Scientist
    • Adventures in painting
Your figs continue to impress...
My painting blog is at: http://mellis1644.wordpress.com/

Offline Anatoli

• Scatterbrained Genius
Thanks Mellis!

Baal P'teor painted up, which finishes all the characters that came in the "Conan: The conqueror" expansion box. Lots of monster and pirates left to paint though.

Offline Little Odo

• Mastermind
    • Little Odo's Grand Days Out
Excellent paint work on these minis
Little Odo's Grand Days Out
http://littleodo.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline Gallahad

• Scientist
I always find this thread so motivational. Thank you for posting and sharing your art.

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Ghazkull‘s Favorite Brainboy
The second Baal model is a really good sculpt. Your painting speed and skill continue to amaze me. Impressive!

Offline Anatoli

• Scatterbrained Genius
Thanks again for all the kind words and encouragement!

After another short break I speed painted the 5 "Children of Gullah" minis in one evening. Granted that I had base coated them over a month ago. I could have spent more time on the fur, but I focused on the skin since that is what will draw your eye on the table. They are the definition of tabletop standard - looking good from a small distance. Not the most fun sculpt to paint, but not all that horrible either. I really need to push myself past the remaining pirates from the core box (and the giant spider) before I start rewarding myself by painting up the huge monsters from the stretch goal box.

Offline Bloggard

• Scatterbrained Genius
fantastic.

Offline darknite

• Lurker
Re: Conan - painting up the "Kings pledge" and a lot of expansions 2022-05-15
« Reply #149 on: August 08, 2022, 02:08:42 AM »
Beautiful work!  I'm working on getting my base box painted now.  Love the game!