Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 01:44:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690921
  • Total Topics: 118357
  • Online Today: 657
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: BLACK ARMY PRODUCTIONS: FINALLY open for Business!  (Read 5214 times)

Offline Doc Twilight

• Mastermind
  • We have no time for Trucers!
    • Black Army Productions
BLACK ARMY PRODUCTIONS: FINALLY open for Business!
« on: September 28, 2009, 11:34:12 PM »
Greetings, lads and lassies...

I am pleased to inform you that my company, Black Army Productions, which I have been spamming you about incessantly since February, is now officially "open for business." Stock finally arrived today, and I have a small but good stock of all of the items depicted on the website that are currently in production EXCEPT the Euskadi (see below for details.)

To clarify, I don't have the following items in production yet:

Champions of History:

- John Dillinger
- Julian the Apostate
- Mata Hari
- The Mystery figure for the next wave (obviously)

Shanghai, 1930:

- Doc's Medical Sprue (appears not to have been cast for some reason)
- FC Julian

Engines of War:

- Ehrhardt Armored Car
- Romfell Armored Car

As a show of my appreciation for all the kind will, generosity, and patience, I am opening the store for the next forty eight hours to LAF members ONLY. That means that you will get first shot at my limited stock levels. I know it seems kind of cheesey, but because I could only afford to have about fifty cast up for each product, I think it's a nice advantage, at least. In addition, if I can find them (because, again, they don't seem to have been cast up), every Shanghai, 1930 order from the LAF will receive a free medical sprue for Doc Twilight. If these don't arrive, I will simply chalk it down as a credit for you and send it along with your next order.

I do have a page on ordering instructions, but I am not posting it yet, so that LAF members get their access unfettered. To order, you'll need to do the following:

- Go to the website (blackarmyproductions.com)
- Figure out what you want, and how many you want of it
- Send an email to the email linked on the site with your order, and your location (this is VERY important for shipping!)
- TELL ME that you are a member of the LAF, and mention your LAF name, as all such orders will be given priority over the few non-LAF orders that have slipped in.

I will respond within 48 hours (probably sooner) with an invoice from Paypal. I do accept any of the forms of payment Paypal accepts, so no worries there. Shipping is done via US Priority Mail, for both Domestic and Priority. It may be hard to believe, but with the recent hike in shipping costs here in the states, that's actually the most affordable model. (To send a comparable package via First Class International costs sometimes as much as three or four times!)

We will ship most places the US post goes.

On the Euskadi:

I did order an initial production spin of 50 models, but as I've said elsewhere, the caster insists upon my inspection of a batch of masters before doing production runs. I recieved six of these things and they cast up BEAUTIFULLY in grey resin. However, all six are spoken for at present (five are going to Tobi, and one of them is going to a painter who has offered to do up a sample). Fifty of the Euskadis should be arriving in the next one or two weeks,and I'll post here when they are available. I'd prefer not to take any cash-based pre-orders, because of my difficulties receiving stock as of late.

Once again, thank you all for your kindness, support, and friendship. I wish to particularly thank my good friend Malamute (Nick), but I am grateful to ALL of you. Without you, this would not have been possible.

If I end up selling the whole first run to LAF members, then so be it. I know they'll go to good homes.
As for offering a special discount - as I am doing this at cost, I can't (unfortunately) afford that. But, once the first wave has been paid for, I do hope to be able to offer a discount/free swag/etc, and the first special deals will be offered to  members of the LAF and Forum Noir (the Black Army Forum).

If you do decide to purchase some of my stuff, I'd be eternally grateful if you'd do me one small favor and share some photos of the finished product and/or tell me about how you're using the miniatures.

Thanks very much,

Doc (Alex)

Offline Ray Rivers

• Galactic Brain
Re: BLACK ARMY PRODUCTIONS: FINALLY open for Business!
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2009, 01:38:36 AM »
Good luck mate!

Wish the pictures of the mini's were a bit larger... kinda hard to see.

I'm really interested in the vehicles and am anxiously awaiting the release of the Euskadi.

Once again... Good luck... and many sales!

Offline Doc Twilight

• Mastermind
    • Black Army Productions
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2009, 01:41:07 AM »
Good luck mate!

Wish the pictures of the mini's were a bit larger... kinda hard to see.

I'm really interested in the vehicles and am anxiously awaiting the release of the Euskadi.

Once again... Good luck... and many sales!

Thanks much!

Working on that. Will try to get a gallery of some sort up with painted examples!

-Doc

Offline Wallyocerous

• Librarian
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2009, 02:02:44 AM »
Good luck with the business!  It's very kind of you to offer these first to your fellow LAFers!   :D

Offline d phipps

• Galactic Brain
  • Pulp Alley
    • Pulp Alley
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2009, 03:15:16 AM »
Heya Doc!

I am definately interesting in picking up some of these. Many of the thumbnails are not expanding to bigger pics. Is there any way you would post up better pics on LAF - just of the ones that are currently available? Or maybe point me to the posts as I may easily have missed them.  :)

THANKS!

Offline Baldrick

• Bookworm
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2009, 04:36:38 AM »
Congratulations on getting this going and I wish you well.
I have a cunning plan... as cunning as a fox who's just been appointed Professor of Cunning at Oxford University.

Offline Doc Twilight

• Mastermind
    • Black Army Productions
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2009, 04:58:50 AM »
Thanks again, everyone.

Noted on the photos. I have a solution, and will fix the photos shortly. Should take me about half an hour. Will update this post when the photo links are fixed.

EDIT: Photos should be fixed now. They will link you directly to my photo gallery for much better, clearer images. Painted examples will be put up soon, but these should give you a good idea of the raw product.

-Doc
« Last Edit: September 29, 2009, 05:40:55 AM by Doc Twilight »

Offline d phipps

• Galactic Brain
  • Pulp Alley
    • Pulp Alley
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2009, 05:56:53 AM »
Very nice! I'll definately be placing an order.

FYI - the photo-button for  "Xian Local Gal with Pistol" links to a pic of fuzzy Zang... or she is just damn ugly.  :)

THANKS!

Offline Doc Twilight

• Mastermind
    • Black Army Productions
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2009, 07:27:33 AM »
Very nice! I'll definately be placing an order.

FYI - the photo-button for  "Xian Local Gal with Pistol" links to a pic of fuzzy Zang... or she is just damn ugly.  :)

THANKS!
Duely noted. Will fix;)

-Doc

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2009, 12:52:13 PM »
Goo dluck Doc, I hope the venture is successful and you selll ots of nice models :)
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline Alcide Nikopol

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2009, 05:58:16 AM »
The Ghost that Walks is very well done. Good luck to you.
A.Nik-

Offline Sinewgrab

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • All to all, by my mustard!
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2009, 06:23:29 AM »
Maybe I am missing something, but I can't find the price for the Euzkadi on the site. How much is one?
"There is no known cure for the wargaming virus, only treatments with ever increasing doses of metal."

Offline bandit86

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2009, 06:45:37 AM »
Just let us know when the tank comes in I am waiting for a couple plus the figures too.  Very nice job.
Barbarella: What's that screaming? A good many dramatic situations begin with screaming...
http://bandit86.blogspot.com/

Offline Doc Twilight

• Mastermind
    • Black Army Productions
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2009, 07:23:58 AM »
*bows*

Thank you, gentlemen (and ladies).

The Euskadi, when she sells, will be $20US.

-Alex

Offline Helen

• The Grey Heron
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2009, 08:04:56 AM »
Hi Alex,

I just want to express my best wishes to you and your new company.

I'm looking forward in seeing a couple of items when they are available.

Ciao,

Helen
Best wishes,
Helen
Love many things, for therein lies the true strength, and whosoever loves much performs much, and can accomplish much, and what is done in love is done well (V van Gogh)