Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:58:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Star Wars in 15 mm (some 'newer' 3D prints added - link to photos, page 4)  (Read 6241 times)

Offline War Monkey

• Mastermind
    • Silo1313
Re: Star Wars in 15 mm (Hot Wheels tie fighters and transport photos, page 3)
« Reply #45 on: November 02, 2022, 04:55:58 AM »
I check out on Ebay for mine, don't get the personal ships, get the crew ships like the Slave, Falcon and Shuttle.
Just remember "If the Enemy is in range, so are YOU!

http://silo1313.blogspot.com/

Online FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #46 on: November 15, 2022, 04:59:31 AM »
So, today I received the 'last' of my October orders, Brigade Models but I also placed an order in November (I think - all running together a bit) for some figures from Wargames Printing that I am still waiting on.  That should be the last of my 'physical' orders.  Did just order Wiley Games Galactic Heroes as a PDF and already printed it out and will be perusing shortly.  My plan is to use Fistful of Lead: Big Battles as my ruleset of choice - possibly spiced up with Galactic Heroes.

Like the GZG buildings, all metal but 'some assembly' required, the military prefab buildings.  These will be my "Imperial Base" buildings.  Love the Brigade Models buildings, will be a central part of the town I am building, very Tatooine desert feel to them.  GSG = 5, Brigade = 7 (duplicates of a couple).  Also scratch building quite a few more buildings using detail components from GZG - a LOT plus many bits of cargo and other scatter terrain and Brigade Models but not as many detail or scatter pieces - but a fair few.  Some of my scratched buildings will be based on hollow wooden boxes I bought for something like this - though not necessarily sci-fi - and the rest using floral foam bits to create round, domed buildings, recently acquired.  The latter will present a few challenges being round and being foam, have to be careful how I prime them for painting.  May end up with close to thirty buildings and "places".

Debating whether to have one large town with distinct neighborhoods or several smaller towns.  Leaning towards one town, Lost Wisely, a take off of Mos Eisley.  Using a lot of the bits, I will create a couple of space ports, one spic-and-span for the Imperials.  One more run down in a cavalier manner where the smugglers go.  Maybe a third somewhere in between (probably - most likely place for rebel alliance to enter the planet). 

Whichever way I jump, I have a name for my musical little trio of aliens - Riff-Raff and the Ruffians (yes, I know there is a character in The Rocky Horror Picture Show named Riff-Raff).  And I also have a name for the alien lord of the underworld, his personal bodyguard, and main bouncer: Stink, Stank, and Stunk.  The trio of muscle will be known as: Sleaze, Creap, and Crunch (though sentient invertebrates call him Squishsplash).

I have decided that most of my units will be grouped in 20 figures on 7 bases, 3 to a base for six bases and the leader base with only 2 figures.  There will be plenty of human units, mostly combat but some unarmed civilians, and possibly one unarmed alien unit and two unarmed alien units, maybe a bit more of the unarmed.  Heroes and Villains are still in the "decide" phase but probably one to a base.  I am going to have quite a few units to paint.  Also got a bunch of alien non-sentient creatures to 'decorate' my gaming table.  And if I can find more that I like, I might add more of those, especially if they fit Star Wars canon.

The BIG CHALLEGE is can I get all of this stuff - or enough of this stuff - painted and/or assembled and ready for a convention in March that has a fantasy/sci-fi focus.  Have one person who has volunteered to help out.

Spent WAY too much money on all of this already but it is proving to be a lot of fun, especially figuring out names as above.  "May the Farce be with me," or something like that.  lol.

Online Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
Re: Star Wars in 15 mm (Hot Wheels AT-ST photos, page 3)
« Reply #47 on: November 15, 2022, 10:29:52 AM »
Received the last of my Wal-Mart orders of Star Wars items today, two tie-fighters and one transport:
[PEDANT]Actually, those are X-Wings[/PEDANT]  :D

But they're all pretty useful models for sure. I've used several of them, which were in approximately the right scale, with my X-Wing ships back when that game was huge over here  :)
Miniatures you say? Well I too, like to live dangerously...
Find a Way, or make one!

Online FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #48 on: November 15, 2022, 03:57:57 PM »
Daeothar, you are correct - and thanks for the correction.  And, yes, I know the difference.  Overwhelmed by my own enthusiasm - that's my story and I'm sticking to it!  :D

Online FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #49 on: November 24, 2022, 06:32:07 AM »
And the November order arrived today - along with a pleasant few surprises.  And with that - hopefully - my Star Wars collection is complete and just in need of painting.  Okay, one small set still due but that is to replace some missing pieces and an "oops, sorry" freebie tossed in. 

Before anyone says, oh, just you wait, keep in mind that I will have, I think, 52 total units when all is painted!  There are only 52 cards in a deck for A Fistful of Lad: Big Battles.  I will have to attach the "heavy weapons" as an adjunct to units to give them a turn in any given turn in the game.  Sort of puts a hard limit on totals.

Still a bit of sorting to determine if there really will be 52 units but I'm pretty sure it will land there.  If it goes over 52 in the final sort I'll have to do a bit of rethink here or there, probably boost a few of the weaker units by giving them another figure or two or so.

Online Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
« Reply #50 on: November 24, 2022, 01:25:33 PM »
This might be my 28mm-infused brain speaking here, but wouldn't 52 units per side be more than plenty, even at 15mm? I could understand going over that in, say, 6mm and certainly in 2mm, but 15? ???

Online FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #51 on: November 24, 2022, 03:08:48 PM »
I suffered from a severe dose of "Burst of Enthusiasm" when doing that initial batch of shopping around to find out what was available for 15 mm Star Wars and just ordered away for this and that and when it all landed here and got sorted out that is what I found I had.  Hardly any plan to it at all!   :o

Now, if you knew how many figures per unit, you'd really have your brain spinning backwards, forwards, and diangnolly, too, and simultaenously and at a much worse than dizzying speed - it'd fly out your ears and splatter the walls severely.  o_o

How much is a score again?  lol

Online FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
Re: Star Wars in 15 mm (Rebel Minis Kuren for Star Wars?)
« Reply #52 on: March 26, 2023, 01:24:00 AM »
So, I decided to add some more figures - all from Rebel Minis.  Adding a unit of Black Widow MERCS, another of Sahadeen, and enough packs of Titan Storm Troopers to make a unit.  And a Kurgen platoon. 

So, my question is what Star Wars alien race are the Rebel Minis Kurgen closest to?  Pretty sure I saw something similar to them in one of the movies.  Speaking of movies, I finally saw the prequels, not really impressed, especially not with that lizard-rabbit.  That is what I call Jar Jar Binks - he just looks like a lizard with rabbit ears.

All these new units will "replace" the unarmed civilians in the "battle order".

By this time next month should be posting photos of first batch of scratch built buildings. 

Last, no photos but I've acquired a number of additional space craft for my "crashed to planet" debris field.  That field should be big enough to host a good size battle now - when I finally get it built.

Offline eilif

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Chicago Skirmish Wargames
« Reply #53 on: March 26, 2023, 01:57:16 AM »
There's probably a Star Wars near analogue, but I'm pretty sure the Kurgen are intended to be the Mangalores from the 5th Element Film.

Online FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #54 on: December 13, 2023, 05:14:35 PM »
Courtesy of a local man who does 3D printing for others, I've added a number of stuff to my collection: units of Wookies, Tusken Sand People, Storm Troopers, Rebels, and Unarmed Space Port men at work.

Photos can be found here: http://steeplechasingzebras.blogspot.com

You will also see Jaba the Hutt with two Twilek and Salacious Crum, a cantina band, Bantha with riders, and a whole bunch of Ewoks.

Sadly, no progress on painting this collection.  Been too busy on a couple of other collections.  Hope to get to at least some of this in 2024.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2023, 05:17:38 PM by FifteensAway »