Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:26:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: A Scenario in development for a rather large gorilla (Planes and pyramids pg 4)  (Read 9275 times)

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
It all started so innocently.  Just searching for a word to rhyme with Kong, as in King, to come up with a fun title for a miniatures game.  Then it happened.  And the trepidatious result is:

“The Great and Terrible Schlong of Kong Disaster”

So, now I have a title - just need to come up with the actual game.  And, yes, I will step carefully along this path.  Very carefully.  Or not.

You see, long before the ship Venture ever reached New York, it made a stop at La Ceiba, Honduras.  Such a beast consumed more food than the ship was prepared for and an accident occurred during the loading of several pallets of bananas…

[Khurasan’s God King of the Jungle on its way to me as I type.]

While I have some idea where I am going with this - some - feel free to toss out your own ideas.  They may, or may not, be incorporated into the game once enough is ready to run the event. 

I have plenty of 15 mm porters transporting bananas but I'm going to need to find some pallet loads of bananas.

Oh, and important, I don't need an Empire State Building or a Skull Island for this scenario!  Just a somewhat primitive Central American port backed by jungle and a version of the Venture which I already have a model in my possession for conversion.

Oh, what ideas float out of brains in a miasma of inadequate sleep.   lol

*Above title duly placed under Trademark 2023 by me.*  Might turn out to be a screenplay, you see.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2023, 12:02:40 AM by FifteensAway »

Offline CapnJim

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Gainfully unemployed and lovng it!
Re: A Scenario in development for a rather large gorilla
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2023, 06:24:03 PM »
Perhaps "Dong" has a better ring to it?

In any event, I would think anyone who gets LOS to Kong's, er, equipment, should have to roll to not be distracted/horrified...

"Remember - Incoming Fire Has the Right-of-Way"

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2023, 03:31:37 AM »
Received the model for the big dude today, along with much else.   And now regretting I didn't order certain figures from Khurasan for this pending scenario.  I guess there will be another order - figures for the local troops near La Ceiba.

As to that LOS issue, I think it will have to vary based on the gender of the observer.  For women, it could be fear and dread, or salivating longing.  For the men it could also be fear or loathing or perhaps a lifelong feeling of inadequacy!   ;D

Then again, there is certain biological realities that might mitigate that whole LOS issue.  (Once upon a time I had an inkling of studying primatology so have some, limited, knowledge.  And did that famous lady really find gorilla intimacy worth a try?  And, if she did, was she disappointed or pleased?  Not sure I really want to know.)  :o

Offline Weird WWII

• Mastermind
  • Keep it WEIRD!!!
    • Weird WWII
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2023, 07:26:38 PM »
I mean, you gotta get a female Kong in this thing!  I mean, just think how much cash some asshole could make selling pure breed KONGS!!!  Then you got your folks against such things trying to stop the love making for money.  Who will cum up on top?  hehe

Whatever you do, keep it WEIRD!!!
Brian & Mel
Keep it WEIRD!

Offline Weird WWII

• Mastermind
  • Keep it WEIRD!!!
    • Weird WWII
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2023, 07:27:59 PM »
Oh yeah, be sure to add a pink bow to Ms Kong for decency's sake.   ;)

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2023, 01:13:46 AM »
Much yet to decide but another order to Khurasan as well as a somewhat larger order to Eureka for some additional troops for La Ceiba.  I did find this item:

It is a 21" model (per box) that I hope to shorten to closer to 14" and back date it a bit - and waterline it.  Then I will need to find a German submarine to do the same.  And maybe another submarine to be helmed by the chief Nemonaut, the JVS Naughtylust.  (JVS = Jules Verne Ship)

Retirement just may be bringing out the worst in me!    :o. Or the best?  lol

Looks like there will be more going on than just an unfortunate incident with fruit.

Oh, almost forgot, the name of my tramp steamer must, of course, be the MIS Adventure.  (which could be Mobile Itinerant Ship or more likely Much Insane Stuff!)

And in response to Weird, I didn't order it but Khurasan does have another large ape in its offerings that might work if I were to go down your suggested path.  Though, at the moment, that doesn't quite fit but I will tuck the idea away for future reference - there is certainly uproarious fun possible down that path.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2023, 01:36:04 AM by FifteensAway »

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2023, 04:00:32 AM »
Started doing some hunting about the web to find an "authentic" version of the Nautilus, ala Jules Verne, and found this site:

http://www.westernexplorers.us/Jules_Vernes_submarine_Nautilus.pdf

I will be following the images seen in that site to create my own version rather than the oft seen Disneyesque variation so many emulate.  It jibes pretty well with my many decades old memory from reading both Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea and Mysterious Island.

Also received my additional Khurasan figures today from the Chaco Wars range to add a couple of units.  Now awaiting some stuff from Eureka and then the 3D printed trees from a US and a UK supplier to create some jungle.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2023, 07:58:06 AM by FifteensAway »

Offline lethallee61

• Scientist
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2023, 02:05:50 AM »
“Show us your growler!” has a whole other meaning where I live, so no need to change that submarine’s name.  ;)
Enjoying the game is ALWAYS more important than winning the game.

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2023, 02:25:32 AM »
Received my Eureka order today.  Got a couple of 1941 Wake Island marine units, a unit of Philippine infantry to be used as Hondurans of some sort, and a unit of Australians - probably to represent a ship in port.  Also got a number of extra officers including a couple to represent competing would be Banana Republic dictators.  If I can, I will paint those two with chest overflowing with all kinds of medals - you know the likes, award for bravely staying home while sending a score of soldiers to their death, dictator self-awards.  Already have - somewhere - enough Eureka sailors for three units.  A couple extra naval officers in the just received order to be overall above the US marines and sailors. 

No current plans to add any other figures - until something else sufficiently disturbs my imagination that I go hunting!
« Last Edit: March 15, 2023, 06:22:21 AM by FifteensAway »

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2023, 08:23:51 PM »
For Weird WWII, you will be pleased to know I ordered another large primate from Khurasan, a different model, that might give me that female option.  Definitely an interesting way to add variety to the scenario options. 

« Last Edit: February 12, 2023, 12:34:34 PM by FifteensAway »

Offline Weird WWII

• Mastermind
  • Keep it WEIRD!!!
    • Weird WWII
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2023, 01:38:41 AM »
Ever Weird WWII weirdo needs a big ape in their collection!!!

Keep it WEIRD!!!
Brian

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2023, 07:10:46 AM »
Received my additional order from Eureka today - adding a number of additional units.  Still awaiting a Rebel Minis order to add a bunch of unarmed civilians into the mix.  Rather important to the primary scenario I have in mind. 

Still hunting another submarine for the Germans and may need/want to do some scratch building of a couple of ships.  And definitely need to build a seaport, ramshackle of course.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2023, 06:22:07 PM by FifteensAway »

Offline Cacique Caribe

• Mastermind
  • Gelatinous Legal Alien
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2023, 08:45:40 PM »
I got the Eureka Wake Island sailors and the Filipinos.  My Skull Island project has all the main components waiting for paint.  Soon, I hope.

Also, Khurasan’s Chaco War figures could work for any 1930s “banana republic”, with the Bolivians playing the part of official government forces and the barefoot Paraguayans playing the part of rebels and insurrectionists:

https://khurasanminiatures.tripod.com/chacowar.html

Enjoy!

Dan
PS.  One more thing … Khurasan just put out some 1930s Pulp sailors.  Here is their “freighter crew” and a few additional characters:

https://khurasanminiatures.tripod.com/15mm-pulp.html

« Last Edit: March 01, 2023, 10:24:10 AM by Cacique Caribe »

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2023, 03:37:49 PM »
CC, I have all those figures you included photos of (with great painting by Steve Dean - I can only dream of being that good). 

Have a look at Eureka's WWII Australian as another source for figures.  Also, the US Cavalry, and dismounts, make for useful figures.

Just waiting on an order from Rebel Minis to round out this setup.  Finally have all the 3D printed trees to work on; the ones ordered from US arrived quick, the ones from UK took a couple of months (probably the UK shipping issue but apparently long lead times, too).

Offline Cacique Caribe

• Mastermind
  • Gelatinous Legal Alien
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2023, 08:11:17 AM »
That is excellent.  I can’t wait for the photos and to read each of your updates.  This is exciting!

Dan