Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 05:52:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: [KICKSTARTER] ARNHEM HEROES PART 2. May 2024 PG.14 Glider Pilots  (Read 28344 times)

Offline M Blakey

• Mad Scientist
Re: [KICKSTARTER] ARNHEM HEROES Empress and Hicks FEB PG.6
« Reply #105 on: February 26, 2023, 10:45:09 AM »
Is there any update on the Kickstarter. Waiting patiently for it to happen.
All hoping I believe 10th March is still the green light from last I saw.

Offline M Blakey

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #106 on: February 28, 2023, 02:04:08 PM »
ARNHEM HEROES KICKSTARTER UPDATE.

Sadly we have some bad news...... but also some GOOD NEWS!!!!

The bad news is that we have moved the start date back slightly to the new start date of 24th March 2023 and ending on 7th April 2023. This should give enough time for pledgers to jump on board. Note its over the pay day period so hopefully that also helps you good people.

The good news is that we have added another couple of special character figures so pledgers will be able to achieve these as the Kickstarter progresses.

We are just going through the final steps of setting the KS up and adding pictures and pledge levels so stay tuned as we are getting close.

Paul & Paul😉

Offline Ash

• Mastermind
    • Ashley Straw.com
« Reply #107 on: February 28, 2023, 07:02:05 PM »
So how does this work?
I've not bought via a Kickstarter before, and I'd probably want the whole lot. Is it like making a pre order, paying up front then waiting for a release date?

Will the range be available via the Empress Miniatures website at some stage, if the need for additional packs should arise?

Offline .:Gunslinger:.

• Scientist
« Reply #108 on: March 01, 2023, 09:48:53 AM »
Ash: Normally Kickstarts indluce a "One of everything option", often with a better price then later retail price. After the campaign is successfully funded, you have access to a "Pledge manager" which allows you to add additional packs. You pay upfront but get your miniatures before they hit general sale.

The idea behind it is to fund a complete (more or less) range quickly. I really like the system when it's well done and organized (the Footsore ones for example are fantastic)!

Offline Paul @ Empress Miniatures

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #109 on: March 01, 2023, 10:36:24 AM »
This is the beginning of the launch so click onto here and you will start to get information.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/arnhemheroes/arnhem-heroes

The figures in this KS will not become available via retail for a very long time so we really advise that people back this and the KS that follow as they will be complimentary to the entire operation.  ;)

Offline Ash

• Mastermind
    • Ashley Straw.com
« Reply #110 on: March 01, 2023, 11:02:58 AM »
Thanks for the info guys. Signed up to KS and clicked the notification button.

... and the KS that follow as they will be complimentary to the entire operation.  ;)

Ooh, intrigued. Are SS in summer kit a potential addition at some point?

Offline Paul @ Empress Miniatures

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #111 on: March 01, 2023, 11:12:12 AM »
Thanks for the info guys. Signed up to KS and clicked the notification button.

Ooh, intrigued. Are SS in summer kit a potential addition at some point?

Yes. The plan is that there will be quite a long list of KS's to cover what's needed. The NEXT KS is already being worked on and will feature Recce chaps and vehicles. Plus other stuff. However we are concentrating on this one because if it fails then it all stops  o_o

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
« Reply #112 on: March 01, 2023, 08:02:09 PM »
Great site for photos of Arhem, some lesser seen from the other side. Also has a good little animated video showing the environs of the bridge in 1944 prior to the fighting. Very handy for those watig to model the area.

http://www.battle-of-arnhem.com/

http://www.battle-of-arnhem.com/category/photos/

Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio não tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeão mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God

Online CapnJim

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Gainfully unemployed and lovng it!
« Reply #114 on: March 02, 2023, 05:47:00 PM »
Well, I've done my part.  I've saved this project for notifications.  Knowing me, I'll be in for quiet a bit... :D
"Remember - Incoming Fire Has the Right-of-Way"

Offline M Blakey

• Mad Scientist
Re: [KICKSTARTER] ARNHEM HEROES Empress and Hicks MAR PG.8
« Reply #115 on: March 10, 2023, 09:37:31 AM »
Arnhem heroes kickstarter.

Communications issues during the battle in Arnhem have long been debated and played a very important part in the conflict.

At company and platoon level very short range SCR-536 sets, known in US service as Walkie Talkies, were used. However these proved inadequate to the task.

Major Tatham-Warter of “A” Company, 2nd Battalion, identified what now seems logical that radio communication for airborne troops could prove very difficult. He therefore had a number of buglers within his company who used Napoleonic period  light infantry calls to communicate. During the defence of the bridge they were used to regularly sound off so that the British could recognise what buildings were still holding out against the German attacks.

We had added as a special starter figure an airborne bugler as the lowest pledge. So if you just want to buy one sample, and rather unique figure, you can. Of course he will also be available to higher bidders.

Sign up to the Kickstarter so you receive a message when the KS is ready to open.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/arnhemheroes/arnhem-heroes?fbclid=IwAR2Hwa9MUZAB4C9tyDB4t7P8pSQkSQhpeBZGTkq7VWNEj6LDA1U0-7DsN-Q

Offline Shahbahraz

• Mastermind
    • A Lead Odyssey
« Reply #117 on: March 10, 2023, 11:59:32 AM »
Arnhem heroes kickstarter.

Communications issues during the battle in Arnhem have long been debated and played a very important part in the conflict.

At company and platoon level very short range SCR-536 sets, known in US service as Walkie Talkies, were used. However these proved inadequate to the task.

Major Tatham-Warter of “A” Company, 2nd Battalion, identified what now seems logical that radio communication for airborne troops could prove very difficult. He therefore had a number of buglers within his company who used Napoleonic period  light infantry calls to communicate. During the defence of the bridge they were used to regularly sound off so that the British could recognise what buildings were still holding out against the German attacks.

We had added as a special starter figure an airborne bugler as the lowest pledge. So if you just want to buy one sample, and rather unique figure, you can. Of course he will also be available to higher bidders.

Sign up to the Kickstarter so you receive a message when the KS is ready to open.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/arnhemheroes/arnhem-heroes?fbclid=IwAR2Hwa9MUZAB4C9tyDB4t7P8pSQkSQhpeBZGTkq7VWNEj6LDA1U0-7DsN-Q

That's just a gorgeous sculpt. I am so kicking myself. In the last couple of years I have painted up platoons for Japanese and British Airborne, and now these are available, as are the Studio Historia Japanese.
Wargaming since the dark ages...

---https://aleadodyssey.blogspot.com/---

Offline M Blakey

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #118 on: March 11, 2023, 02:45:00 PM »
Just seen this on YouTube from Painting Panzers and I'm unbelievably hyped.

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
« Reply #119 on: March 12, 2023, 12:19:03 AM »
They do indeed look fucking brilliant! :-* :-* :-*