Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 05:08:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: [KICKSTARTER] ARNHEM HEROES PART 2. May 2024 PG.14 Glider Pilots  (Read 28338 times)

Offline Johnny Boy

• Scientist
  • The Older I get the better I was.. . . .
Re: [KICKSTARTER] ARNHEM HEROES Empress and Hicks MAR PG.9
« Reply #135 on: March 18, 2023, 09:06:31 AM »
To get me going I just took receipt of the Warlord "British Paras Infantry section" British Airborne HQ and British Airborne Characters pack which are all in metal. I assumed these were the original Bolt Action sculpts to match the new in this Kickstarter. Was I wrong in this?

Offline M Blakey

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #136 on: March 18, 2023, 09:08:51 AM »
To get me going I just took receipt of the Warlord "British Paras Infantry section" British Airborne HQ and British Airborne Characters pack which are all in metal. I assumed these were the original Bolt Action sculpts to match the new in this Kickstarter. Was I wrong in this?

You're fine :) they will all compliment the Kickstarter as all you've listed are Mr Hicks sculpts

Offline Johnny Boy

• Scientist
« Reply #137 on: March 18, 2023, 09:15:38 AM »
That's good to hear, many thanks for the reassurance. As an aside,  theres nothing wrong with Plastic figures they're just not my thing. I find it all too time consuming putting them together etc etc as I don't have a lot of hobby time and I'm not renowned for my patience lol

Offline Johnny Boy

• Scientist
Re: [KICKSTARTER] Empress' and Paul Hicks' upcoming Arnhem figures
« Reply #138 on: March 21, 2023, 08:59:14 PM »
[

[/quote]
Stunning brushwork Dags, you really bring sculpts to life. I was wondering what your recipe for the "Red" Beret is as of all the renditions I've seen yours is by far the closest to a maroon and I'd like to replicate it on my own figures if that's ok?

Offline M Blakey

• Mad Scientist
Re: [KICKSTARTER] ARNHEM HEROES Empress and Hicks MAR PG.10!
« Reply #139 on: March 23, 2023, 09:11:22 AM »
From Mr Hicks Facebook page

‘Here’s the initial release! We’re going to show you up front all the minis and deals. Even before those stretch goals are met! Then you can pledge the amount you want from the start! 6pm (GMT) 24/3.

Online Harry Faversham

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #140 on: March 23, 2023, 09:51:48 AM »
My favourite is the bloke with the tankie style thigh holster. He's next to bottom row, second in. I'm guessing he was based on this bloke from 2nd. Bn.

If 'Their's Is The Glory' can be used as research material, Freddie Gough would make an excellent personality figure. In the film he's depicted with his smock tail hanging down wearing a pair of non regulation corduroy trousers. A Veteran of the Recce once told me he wore them in Italy, the original 'cor blimey trousers' as worn by Council binmen! Be a nice figure, togged up like that, and toting a Vickers 'K' Gun.

:)

« Last Edit: March 24, 2023, 02:35:33 PM by Harry Faversham »
"Wot did you do in the war Grandad?"

"I was with Harry... At The Bridge!"

Offline Dags

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
« Reply #141 on: March 23, 2023, 10:21:09 AM »

I was wondering what your recipe for the "Red" Beret is as of all the renditions I've seen yours is by far the closest to a maroon and I'd like to replicate it on my own figures if that's ok?

No problem  8)

Black base to which Army Painter Chaotic Red is added ,  keep adding the red in small amounts until it is just Chaotic Red for the final highlights.

Don't forget to leave the thin band at the bottom Black (adding a little leather brown to the black to make it pop)

Offline steve501

• Librarian
« Reply #142 on: March 23, 2023, 05:52:52 PM »
I think I might have to get 2 full bundles, lovely looking figures. Such possibilities to extend further as well

Offline Johnny Boy

• Scientist
« Reply #143 on: March 24, 2023, 07:12:36 AM »
No problem  8)

Black base to which Army Painter Chaotic Red is added ,  keep adding the red in small amounts until it is just Chaotic Red for the final highlights.

Don't forget to leave the thin band at the bottom Black (adding a little leather brown to the black to make it pop)

Many thanks indeed Dags, much appreciated. Hope I can do it justice.

Offline M Blakey

• Mad Scientist
Re: [KICKSTARTER] ARNHEM HEROES NOW LIVE PG.10
« Reply #144 on: March 24, 2023, 08:47:06 PM »
Arnhem Heroes, via @Kickstarter https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/arnhemheroes/arnhem-heroes?ref=android_project_share

It's live now and already funded  :D

Offline meyer

• Bookworm
Re: [Re: [KICKSTARTER] ARNHEM HEROES ITS NOW LIVE PG.10
« Reply #145 on: March 25, 2023, 08:31:02 AM »
Realy great miniatures!

Offline Paul @ Empress Miniatures

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #146 on: April 06, 2023, 09:40:22 AM »
Well here we are guys and gals. Its been a busy two weeks and you guys have been fantastic. We cannot thank you enough for supporting our dream and therefore ensuring that we can also start on planning the next one which we hope will be in October of this year.

Already made are various types of drop canister and supply hamper. Various types of LMG for arming recce JEEPS and dismounted figures, so Freddie Gough and his team will make an appearance. Plus we had best learn some Polish.
But enough about the future lets concentrate on today, the last day. Here we are and if you have not backed our Arnhem Heroes KS or are wondering if you need to up your pledge then here is the time. Once the hours have passed the opportunity has so like a good paratrooper don't think about it just jump.

https://www.kickstarter.com/.../arnhem-heroes/posts/3777104

Huge thanks,

Paul, Paul, & Christine.

Online Harry Faversham

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #147 on: April 06, 2023, 01:33:39 PM »
They look stunning, pity yer painter bloke can't get the chinstrap the right colour, webbing straps look a tad different to the ones sculpted on the figures!
Here's an anorak comment, worthy of a anorak wearing  traynspotter...
the majority of webbing chinstraps in Arnhem piccys were sported by the Polish Parachute Brigade.

::)

Online CapnJim

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Gainfully unemployed and lovng it!
« Reply #148 on: April 08, 2023, 06:37:54 PM »
Well, chinstraps be damned, I'm in on this.   :D
"Remember - Incoming Fire Has the Right-of-Way"

Offline M Blakey

• Mad Scientist
[KICKSTARTER] ARNHEM HEROES PART 2. April 2024 PG.10
« Reply #149 on: January 22, 2024, 09:16:37 PM »
Thredromancy. ;D

From Mr Hicks twitter.

The first figures for the next Arnhem Heroes Kickstarter with Empress miniatures. We will be launching in April. This Kickstarter will focus on the Poles, Recon Jeeps and RAMC Elements more updates soon.