Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:06:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Scarper's skirmish groups and NPCs: A sewer dragon and its pups 19/8  (Read 14699 times)

Offline Grumpy Gnome

• Galactic Brain
    • The Grumpy Gnome
More great stuff, I quite like Gyoza and look forward to seeing that brilliant Tau kitbash figure painted up.
Home of the Grumpy Gnome

https://thegrumpygnome.home.blog/

Offline Scarper

• Scientist
More great stuff, I quite like Gyoza and look forward to seeing that brilliant Tau kitbash figure painted up.

Thanks, Gnome! The not-T'au guy is the bottom of the list at the mo - he's a replacement crewman in case of casualties. Will get round to him eventually though!

Today's update is another older GW model. This one is Larkin, from the same OOP Gaunt's Ghosts kit as Dorden, who started the thread. He's had a wee bit of GS modificiation in terms of the beard and the glasses. In game, he's Elijah Gray, a sniper for the Fisher King crew who thinks he's a lot better than he actually is. I'm pretty pleased with his half-smile - in hand, he looks like a real prick  lol

The grey snow / urban camo is new to me - I hope it comes off okay! I'm trying to branch out a little with gear and colours while keeping the crew cohesive.

As always, I'd love any thoughts or criticism, so please fire away. Thanks for looking.

Online Pattus Magnus

• Scatterbrained Genius
Excellent paint job! He’s definitely an amateur, though. After an hour out in the snow with a sleeveless shirt and no gloves, he’ll be hard pressed to keep his hands steady as shivering sets in and he’s waiting to make his shot...  Like you say, not as good as he thinks he is!

Offline hubbabubba

• Mastermind
He looks good, I like his back story . lol

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
Good looking figure. I like him. :)
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline Freddy

• Mastermind
    • My blog
I especially like how his white stuff became dirty in the melting snow.

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
Nice work on those.

Offline Scarper

• Scientist
Excellent paint job! He’s definitely an amateur, though. After an hour out in the snow with a sleeveless shirt and no gloves, he’ll be hard pressed to keep his hands steady as shivering sets in and he’s waiting to make his shot...  Like you say, not as good as he thinks he is!

Thanks a bunch! Gray insists that his upbringing on the frozen moon of Whitereef means he doesn't feel the cold. He tends to leave out the part where his entire childhood was spent in an insulated environment dome.

He looks good, I like his back story . lol

Thanks hubbabubba! It's very in-depth  lol

Good looking figure. I like him. :)

Thank you!

I especially like how his white stuff became dirty in the melting snow.

Thanks Freddy! It's mostly just weathering powder. Gives a nice effect without too much effort.

Nice work on those.

Thank you UVS! Really kind to say.

Offline Scarper

• Scientist

Halfway done on the crew!

Latest gent (Otu Vance, a chiseler) proved pretty frustrating - I was struggling with straps and details on the Anvil boilersuit, and had to stop and start a few times. Decided to call it done when I wasn't enjoying it. He's not perfect, but I'm happy with how he looks with the group anyway. I like his retro-style laser pistol in particular.

Hope you like, and as always, I'd appreciate any C&C, good or bad.

Offline Scarper

• Scientist
Quick one today - Winter is a pathfinder, latest figure for the Fisher King guys.

I'm remaking Cpt Liyana - I wasn't a fan of her pose, and I'm going for something in the same theme, but a little different. Hopefully should have that to post in a day or two! In the meantime, I've been committing blasphemy with some early 00s (?) GW metals -

He may end up getting drafted as a back-up codebreaker for the Fisher King guys later in the campaign, or I may just paint him up for something else entirely.

Thanks for the interest so far, and I'd love any C&C, constructive or otherwise.

Offline AKULA

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
    • Little Wars
Nice job, they work well as a coherent group  :)

Offline Scarper

• Scientist
Nice job, they work well as a coherent group  :)

Thanks a bunch, AKULA!

Just a quick add on to the above post -
I've written a wee engagement report about some small crews I put together to learn the game. They're shrunk-down teams put together from minis I had to hand, but they are at least painted! You can have a look here if you're interested.

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
Liking the crew very much. :)

Offline Freddy

• Mastermind
    • My blog
Cool, I like how the colour scheme brings them together. The guy with the googles looks like an early Delaque, not that adding a moustache to those would be a lesser blasphemy than chopping up Shaeffers boys :)

Offline axiom

• Mastermind
    • My blog: Magpie and old lead
Awesome looking crew. Nice variety and unique characters. Love the tache!