Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 01:46:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690981
  • Total Topics: 118361
  • Online Today: 706
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Songs of Stillburg - Ghost added 150117, Pg 12  (Read 56203 times)

Offline phreedh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Carpe plumbum!
    • Phreedh's Ministuff
Re: Songs of Stillburg - Two zombies added 100523
« Reply #60 on: May 23, 2010, 09:00:52 PM »
What really gets to me is how alike the shirt and skin is in pictures - it's not half as bad in reality. Oh well, as long as he looks cool in-game I'm happy. =)

I decided to try a different take on the skin on my next zombie. As these are my first zombies ever, it's a bit of a trial and error process. =D Next time, I'll try to paint normal skin tone base coats and then use rotting flesh for highlighting, see how that works out.
Please visit my miniature gaming blog at http://ministuff.godzilla.se

Offline Thantsants

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Somewhere the tea's getting cold...
« Reply #61 on: May 23, 2010, 09:07:49 PM »
Not much experience myself in painting the undead - I'd probably take the highlights quite pale for the normal skintones and then give it several watered down ink washes of suitably sickly greens and purply blues.

What really gets to me is how alike the shirt and skin is in pictures - it's not half as bad in reality. Oh well, as long as he looks cool in-game I'm happy.

Sure he looks a treat on the table!

Offline abhorsen950

• Mastermind
« Reply #62 on: May 23, 2010, 09:15:13 PM »
The skeletons look amazing, some superb looking humans there I look forward to them painted.

Offline phreedh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Carpe plumbum!
    • Phreedh's Ministuff
« Reply #63 on: June 12, 2010, 09:09:43 AM »
The undead are finished! =) Yep, no more deadites for a while. They were actually finished last weekend but I haven't had time to take photos and muck about with that part. Actually, these last shots are quite crap as I was in a rush to take them. Nevertheless, here they are all painted up to a decent gaming standard. They're not only good, they're good enough! =)

First up, a regular run of the mill trooper from Mordini's Nightmare Legion. As with the last mini from that gang, I painted this with elfish colours. I don't know... green. Yeah, I suppose that's elfish.

I like this guy alot... Probably one of my favourites in the bunch. Armour was fun and easy to paint and it turned out well.

Next an armourered skeleton I got for a song on eBay, pretty banged up but he looks ok painted up even though the paintjob was very, very quick. Not one of my favourites.

This guy on the other hand is defenitely a favourite of mine. I'll weep when he dies... again. Poor guy, walking around with a spear stuck through his torso.

Finally Paul the zombie, a mini I got from Cheetor as a wedding present of sorts... Hope I don't offend you too much with the half-assed paint job. For some reason, the palms of this guy were un-sculpted. Odd with such a visible part. I hadn't noticed how bad they looked until I posted the pics now. I'll go over it with a brush and see if I can paint some fingers on him.

Half assed indeed! ;)

So, that's it - the whole gang assembled! More pictures will be on my blog later today. I'm happy with how the guys turned out. The only thing irking me a bit is that blue archer. He doesn't fit in at all. Should have painted all the archers yellow or just plain brown-ish.

Thanks for looking! o_o

Coming up next, Duncan Sandels - pious knight templar and protector of Brother Wendel. I've had so little time to paint this week that I've only managed to do one mini so far. Arf, 1.5 minis left to do this week or I'm behind schedule!
« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 09:12:57 AM by phreedh »

Offline rob_alderman

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Dribbling wreck...
« Reply #64 on: June 12, 2010, 09:29:58 AM »
They all look excellent mate, I agree with you on the archer and I didn't think the zombie was half bothered at all!  :)

Offline phreedh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Carpe plumbum!
    • Phreedh's Ministuff
« Reply #65 on: June 12, 2010, 09:33:46 AM »
They all look excellent mate, I agree with you on the archer and I didn't think the zombie was half bothered at all!  :)
Cheers Rob! His arse is but half an arse, though... =P
« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 09:35:24 AM by phreedh »

Offline Thantsants

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Songs of Stillburg - Five more undead added 100612
« Reply #66 on: June 12, 2010, 11:28:39 AM »
Thanks for looking!

lol

Great stuff - Paul the zombie is brilliant and all the better for being called Paul!

Liking your shields too - very nice. Most inspirational but I think I'm going to go down a slightly grittier road with my skellies - like they've been raised out of an old battlefield and have been lying around in their rusting armour - saves me painting freehand shields cos they've rusted off!!

Liking the buildings too!  ;)

Offline phreedh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Carpe plumbum!
    • Phreedh's Ministuff
« Reply #67 on: June 12, 2010, 11:56:49 AM »
Liking your shields too - very nice. Most inspirational but I think I'm going to go down a slightly grittier road with my skellies - like they've been raised out of an old battlefield and have been lying around in their rusting armour - saves me painting freehand shields cos they've rusted off!!
I was in constant debate with myself there... Yeah, it would make sense from a logical perspective that my reanimated skeletons are rusted and dirty. On the other hand, I never have the guts to go at a fully painted mini with the weathering brush. =) I took the safe route... my skeletons were reanimated soon after their demise, and kept in a cool, dry place. No rust, but the meat is gone. Rats, you know. ;)

I'm sure yours will look awesome, the rust and grime on your orcs look great!

Offline rob_alderman

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Dribbling wreck...
« Reply #68 on: June 12, 2010, 07:50:26 PM »
You could say they were reanimated and then kitted out. I dunno, they look pretty grimy to me!

I like the old school look to them, making it all dirty would ruin them.

Offline phreedh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Carpe plumbum!
    • Phreedh's Ministuff
« Reply #69 on: July 18, 2010, 11:54:27 PM »
So, I've finally gotten around to take pictures of the finished heroes of Stillburg. We also played the first scenario, which was a success. A battle report will follow - some day. :)

Aldor Berlepsch  – Human Ranger. 50 pts. Q3+, C3. Forester, Shooter (Long).
A veteran tracker and marksman, most of his life has been spent in the wilderness. Relocated to the north with Raab, after some ”recent unpleasantries in Nuln” where the two have worked several years as ”problem solvers and handy-men”. While the two aren’t exactly law abiding citizens, they have a strong moral code and would not harm innocent or defenseless people. Underworld crime lords, on the other hand...

Brother Wendel – Human Cleric. 50 pts. Q3+, C2. Cleric.
Friar at the priory of Gadd, just outside Stillburg. Together with Duncan Sandels, tasked by Mayor Boismann to investigate the recent disturbances. While a drunkard and a man of little courage, he’s a good natured and kind pragmatist with a great love for all his companions – except the Mayor.

Duncan Sandels – Human Paladin. 46 pts. Q3+, C4. Steadfast.
Part of the (very small) knight templar order of Gadd, Duncan is the muscles behind brother Wendel. Driven by a very strong sense of duty and honour, his mind is foremost on the task at hand. Very pious and devout. Completely devoid of a sense of humour.

Finally, here's a group shot of the lads including Raab from the first post in this thread. Next to his mates, his eyes look a bit funky. I should probably re-do his base too. Oh well...  o_o

Big ups, mad props and free bacon* goes to rob_bresnen who set me up with Aldor and to that other nice LAFer who's identity escapes me for the moment who arranged the WI monk I used for brother Wendel.

*Actual offer might not contain bacon

Offline Thantsants

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Songs of Stillburg - Four heroes added 100719
« Reply #70 on: July 18, 2010, 11:58:20 PM »
Lovely minis, full of character - nice paint jobs too - looking forward to that battle report!  :D

Offline phreedh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Carpe plumbum!
    • Phreedh's Ministuff
« Reply #71 on: July 19, 2010, 12:01:24 AM »
Cheers mate! Camera was driving me crazy today, bastard auto focusing piece of junk. Need to get myself something where focus depth can be controlled manually. At one point I doubted there would be any pictures at all!

Offline Thantsants

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #72 on: July 19, 2010, 12:07:26 AM »
Sounds familiar - takes me a while and I often have to compromise the image I want to take by repositioning the minis to get them all in focus...  >:(

Offline phreedh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Carpe plumbum!
    • Phreedh's Ministuff
Re: Songs of Stillburg - Mayor Boismann added 100726
« Reply #73 on: July 26, 2010, 09:14:11 PM »
Just realized I never posted the mayor's portrait and write up here. Now he's dead, but I guess it's better late than never? =)

More text on my blog (http://iloapp.godzilla.se/blog/ministuff?Home&post=24) - where he's kept company by four Oriental Heroes I purchased off (and painted by!) LeadAsbestos. =)

Offline hetz

• Assistant
Re: Songs of Stillburg - Mayor Boismann added 100725
« Reply #74 on: July 26, 2010, 09:44:10 PM »
Some lovely stuff there! Love those pjs, makes me want to start painting my undead. But that would be silly, too many Dwarves and Orcs to do first.