Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 09:40:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Battle on Atlantis-Religious Fanatics Use Vile Assassination  (Read 1548 times)

Offline ushistoryprof

• Mad Scientist
    • World Historyprof-History Real & Imagined through Miniatures
Vile Assassination Attempt on Peaceful Russian Expedition
St. Petersburg Gazette-Boris Badenews Reporting

A battle between Imperial soldiers of the 5th Armoured Automation Regiment under the command of Colonel Ivan Ironfvist and the Spanish Imperious Inquisition and their Fanatic Assassins has occurred on the Eastern Mainland of Atlantis.  Col. Ironfvist was on a peaceful expedition of discovery in the newly claimed mainland territory when his small detachment of personal guards was most despicably ambushed by members of the S.I.I.  Colonel Ironfvist lead his men in brilliant fashion taking the battle to the heart of the S.I.I line.  Russian casualties were well with in acceptable limits and victory was nearly assured.  With battle lust in his eyes, Col. Ironfvist at this point chose to lead his men and machines into the heart of the battle. After striking down one of the S.I.I. foul machines the Colonel was in the midst of regrouping his forces a when vile assassin leaped from the depleted S.I.I. lines and using the most despicable of poisons stuck the colonel down.  The near victorious Russian forces made an orderly advance to the rear bringing their stricken commander with them.  Count Mikhal Brodinoff, Governor General of the Imperial Colony of Vodkaland and commander of the 15th Territorial Army has vowed quick revenge upon the Spanish Imperious Inquisition!  As a first step, all operations on mainland Atlantis have temporarily been halted in anticipation of future actions.

Long Live the Tsar
[/img]
[/img]

S.I.I. and Russian forces.

[/img]

Russian warmachine has cleaned out a group of S.I.I. troops.
[/img]S/.I.I. dead
[/img]Russian snipers
[/img] General Battle
[/img]Reqroup damn it reqroup
[/img]Assassin, what do you mean assassin?
[/img]
the unfortunate Colonel Ivan Ironfvist

This was a battle between my son and myself on Sunday.  We are using Warmachine Khador and Menoth troops to represent the Imperial Russian Army and the Spanish Imperious Inquisition respectively.  The Russian/Khador forces initially did well causing heavy casualties at small cost.  Then to errors by me doomed the Russian forces. First I forgot to regroup my heavy infantry into a shield wall after a good smashing of
S.I.I/Menoth troops leaving my me to heavy casualties the next turn.  My fatal error was foolishly running my commander into hand to hand combat that he won but was left in direct line with the S.I.I. assassin-ouch.  It was a fun battle and closer than it had to be (my son took pity on his old man and didn’t give me the drubbing I deserved).

Offline Chairface

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Battle on Atlantis-Religious Fanatics Use Vile Assassination
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2010, 02:31:55 AM »
Awesome!