Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:55:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: The Assault Group  (Read 9989 times)

Offline traveller

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: The Assault Group
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2010, 12:03:49 PM »
Great links! Thanks!

Offline fitterpete

• Mad Scientist
  • Maryland, U.S.A.
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2010, 01:05:04 PM »
The thing is it doesn't matter who is "with" who on this the OP just wanted to know how they compare.I think he mean't sizewise.
I"m kind of surprised by the "Napoleonic Board" type responses on the BOB forum anyway.I know, I know historical plausibilties blah,blah,blah.These guys might end up fighting anything from some silly-named German spy backed by  Turkish bandits to a Chineses warlord(also with a silly name) allied with British regulars from India.
Sorry I made you  :'(.They are figures for a wargame not plates for a histroical book, get over it.
Pete
PS Carlos if you don't want those Foundry Cossocks. send them to me lol

Offline VonAkers

• Scientist
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2010, 02:57:38 PM »
Guys
Gee ...I just wanted some variation in my units , I was not going to paint them pink with yellow caps . lol
Pete is right sounds like the Nap forum ..heaven forbid,  "hmm stovepipe shakos were already phased out for that unit 3 months for Waterloo".... lol
I want to use them in games that are exactly as Pete described.
Carlos I have to disagree with you on this .
I love the Copplestone castings cavalry but if they have a fault it is that they are a bit samey IMHO.
That is why I was looking for some alternatives miniatures, & positive feeback ,not castigation and hysteria .. lets .burn the witch....burn the witch  lol lol
Cheers

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2010, 04:40:45 PM »
Don't see any evidence of 'burn the witch' here myself. Shrill cries of persecution seem to be the stock in trade of many internet forums, one rather hopes this phenomena will not become a hallmark of this one too.

Mark has probably done as much as anyone else to expand the base of information in English for people gaming the RCW and his views on BoB are well known. His Pygmy Wars site is an invaluable source and I respect his views. As I said your toys your choices but for God's sake don't play the fucking martyr.
Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio não tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeão mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo

Offline Poliorketes

• King of the Congo
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Never look back
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2010, 08:12:10 PM »
Please calm down everyone. Let's just say they are completely unfitting for anything historical, but look great for a pulpish approach.
If you come for the king, you better not miss (Omar)

Offline VonAkers

• Scientist
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2010, 02:18:08 AM »
Hi Guys
Cant beleive this thread..
Carlos I have got more lol's on my last post than verbs.... ,I was hardly saying Im bring persecuted.
 As for being a "Fucking martyr " not sure about that  .. is that a bit like being a tool ??....
Any way Im over this ...Please no more posts on this thread  that dont help or answer the question.
I am still looking for appropriate figures that would suit Iregulars for BOB White armies let me know.
Cheers

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2010, 04:47:37 AM »
Yes, my apologies, I was in a particularly bad humour myself when I penned that.

Offline fitterpete

• Mad Scientist
  • Maryland, U.S.A.
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2010, 10:50:17 PM »
This site is truly full of real gentlemen (and women).On any other forum I have belonged to this would have went on for 3 pages of silly flame wars.I love the LAF!

Offline area23

• Mastermind
    • area23
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2010, 02:42:55 PM »
 :)

To answer the question, i've got assault group moderns by the same sculptor (SWATs, miitias), they are a bit smaller than Copplestone, but the heads are bigger. I wouldn't mix them in a unit, but they might work in an army.

i thought many times to use the Foundry renaissance cossacs as a base for conversions for Makhnovites.
Being Copplestone sculpts they'll fit style-wise, but Foundry historicals are smaller, slimmer than Copplestone Castings. Only the first BoB releases, like the commissars would blend with them in proportion. The bolshevik heroines and russian partizans are huge in comparison with other copplestone-foundry figs I have.
If you don't believe in lead, you're already dead.
+++AREA23 BLOG+++