Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 02:09:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Condottieri di Milano - Perry plastic conversions  (Read 29259 times)

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
    • Just Add Water Wargaming Blog
Re: Condottieri di Milano - Perry plastic conversions
« Reply #60 on: January 28, 2014, 03:33:20 PM »
Richard,

I actually missed seeing anything from the last comp on the SDF but I've got to add my congratulations and say that I'm glad that you won as the comp is supposed to be based on painting, which is sometimes overlooked!.

Well done and keep the flag flying for Late Medieval stuff.

Darrell.

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #61 on: January 28, 2014, 04:56:56 PM »
Thanks Darrell. As it happens, they won Steve's competition several contests ago, but thanks anyway :)
(They're only back here now thanks to a little well intentioned threadomancy... )

I haven't managed the same feat in ensuing competitions, and I sat the last one out too. Got a bit weary of what sometimes seems rather contrary voting - although I guess beauty is always in the eye of the beholder, and one man's manifestly superior painting competition entry is another man's dog's breakfast...  ;)

Anyway, we'll see how things pan out next time round...  :)

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
    • Just Add Water Wargaming Blog
« Reply #62 on: January 28, 2014, 06:52:49 PM »
Thanks Darrell. As it happens, they won Steve's competition several contests ago, but thanks anyway :)
(They're only back here now thanks to a little well intentioned threadomancy... )

I've been away for that long?  :o

I haven't managed the same feat in ensuing competitions, and I sat the last one out too. Got a bit weary of what sometimes seems rather contrary voting - although I guess beauty is always in the eye of the beholder, and one man's manifestly superior painting competition entry is another man's dog's breakfast...  ;)

That's sometimes the impression I got. I'm of the opinion that the miniatures should be presented as they are- no backgrounds, no added extras etc. That way it's possible to 'judge' the painting without prejudice. to be honest I haven't put anything into the comp for a very long time- with my last entry I think I was pipped by one point by you if I remember correctly(?).

Anyway, we'll see how things pan out next time round...  :)

Any clues as to what you plan on entering?

Darrell.