Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 10:23:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Foundry's Legendary Greek Warriors - WG405  (Read 2314 times)

Offline Sir Barnaby Hammond-Rye

• Mastermind
    • The Tekumel Project
Foundry's Legendary Greek Warriors - WG405
« on: December 08, 2011, 06:30:07 PM »
Just received my pack of WG405 Legendary Greek Warriors from their new Mythology range. I am favourably impressed by the figures. I was able to get it for a good price and postage free b/c I picked up a book that was also on sale (along with Grellip the She-Troll, another fine minature!)

I'll be picking up the second pack of heroes for sure but will be waiting until they offer another great deal on books so I can get the free postage. AFAIK they are still using the bogus exchange rates to NA so free shipping and big sales are the only way I'll ever buy from them again.

I've actually been trying to see if there isn't anyone (UK Board of Trade?) that I (we) could write to about this unfair practice. That is, of not offering a fair exchange rate. Any ideas?

Offline Braxandur

• Mastermind
Re: Foundry's Legendary Greek Warriors - WG405
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2011, 10:55:58 AM »
It's pretty unfair isn't it?

Don't know about anyplace where you can register a complaint about this, since it is actually common practice with international companies...

last time I ordered from Foundry I found out I could circumvent the problem. while searching for products and filling my basket I had my settings on UK. While filling in the details for the address I changed to the Netherlands. Lo and behold, I could pay in pound sterling and payed for the exchange costst myself :)

I guess it was (is?) a bug in their system, but I can't really feel that guilty about it since the high exchange range doesn't have to do anyhting with the shipping charges.

Might be that this "problem" in the online store is now fixed, but might be useful to give it a try
Why aim for gold if you can get lead?

Offline Will Bailie

• Mastermind
    • Will's toy soldier blog
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2011, 03:01:26 PM »
I almost bought a couple of the 'regiment' deals with the current 20% sale - until I saw the price change from 44 pounds to US$89.  That might have been the exchange rate at the peak of the British Empire, but has nothing to do with today!

Offline axabrax

• Mastermind
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2011, 03:25:02 PM »
I actually want to pick up some of the figs and the new Greek Myths rule book. How much do you want to bet they wait until after the sale is over for the book to come out, so you have to place two orders or miss the sale?

Offline Timbor

• Mastermind
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2011, 02:22:01 AM »
It's pretty unfair isn't it?

Don't know about anyplace where you can register a complaint about this, since it is actually common practice with international companies...

last time I ordered from Foundry I found out I could circumvent the problem. while searching for products and filling my basket I had my settings on UK. While filling in the details for the address I changed to the Netherlands. Lo and behold, I could pay in pound sterling and payed for the exchange costst myself :)

I guess it was (is?) a bug in their system, but I can't really feel that guilty about it since the high exchange range doesn't have to do anyhting with the shipping charges.

Might be that this "problem" in the online store is now fixed, but might be useful to give it a try

Im pretty sure its fixed now.  Once you change countries, the cart resets to change to the currency for that country.

My opinion on the matter is that they set the exchange high to offset the postage costs for sending large packages of metal across the oceans with their 'postage free' deals.  I bet you would pay close to the same amount to buy the stuff and have it sent to a friend in the UK, then pay to have them ship it to you.  Well, to north america at least.
Paint log - leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=36840.0

Blog - My life in Millimetres

Offline Braxandur

• Mastermind
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2011, 11:34:11 AM »
I completly agree that part of the cost in the exchange rate is the shipping. I would mind that less if they at least mentioned that instead of having a higher price on items in a different currency and then still off postage free shipping..  which it then actually isn't...

Anyhow, out of experience that the exchange rate for the euro is also out of proportion and that the difference on a substantial order is easily much more then the costs of shipping...

Buying foundy on ebay is often cheaper :)

Offline white knight

• Galactic Brain
    • WK's Miniature Imperium
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2011, 12:36:39 PM »
In my experience, buying Foundry at full price from a UK retailer and having it shipped, at cost, to Belgium, is still considerably cheaper than a Foundry 20% off deal + free shipping.