Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:00:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Latest commission - back of beyond game hunters  (Read 2441 times)

Offline The_Wisecrack

• Mad Scientist
    • Easy Painter
Latest commission - back of beyond game hunters
« on: January 18, 2012, 02:46:46 AM »
recently i received an order from a guy in Australia. he wanted nine explorers painted so i ordered them in and got to work. at the moment they are based on pennies as i am awaiting some bases bu i hope to keep you updated and hopefully be able to provide pics with bases. the paint job is the most expensive from my commission service but still only runs in at £5 a miniature. the ethos o my site is that miniatures are meant to be played with not labored over (although of course i mean generally). henceforth i offer cheap services for gamers to get their mini's on the table as quick as possible. any way enough of my jabber. here are a few pics the rest are on the link below. he wanted them painted like in the pictures of the miniatures so i did as he asked and added a snippet of my own flavor here and there :)
http://photobucket.com/backofbeyond
i hope you like them guys

C&C hoped for.

Arthur
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 03:16:34 PM by Prof.Witchheimer »
EZPAINTER.CO.UK/BLOG

Offline Matthew83

• Librarian
Re: LATEST COMMISSION- back of beyond game hunters
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2012, 02:54:23 AM »
Like the work on the waistcoat and sherlock hat.
Have you waxed the moustache ends?, you may as well, you've done a cracking job by my standards.

Cheers

Matt
2012 Paint tally
6mm: 920 purchased 239 painted
15mm: 170 purchased 2 painted
20mm: 40  purchased 109 painted
28mm: 213 purchased 10 painted

Offline The_Wisecrack

• Mad Scientist
    • Easy Painter
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2012, 02:58:41 AM »
thanks matt. this commission was thoroughly enjoyable and the miniatures are beautiful.

Offline Matthew83

• Librarian
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2012, 03:08:27 AM »
Ah, enjoyment is the path.
Were I to lose interest in the wargaming field tomorrow - it would be because I had lost the will to paint.
I love painting minis (6mm mainly).
Commisions, though few and far between for me, aliied with my own paint projects, keep me on track.
whilst some find inspirational movies lead them to the paintpot, for me it's the paintpot itself.

Good luck on your future ventures, maybe we'll meet on the 6mm competitors market one day, I hope so, if you can take your detail there, I'll have competition and a greater will to improve my skills.

Matt

Offline The_Wisecrack

• Mad Scientist
    • Easy Painter
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2012, 03:11:29 PM »
very true. in fact its kind of my company motto. i guess the reason i havent ventured into smaller than 15mm is because i had a large 15mm order once and it drove me mad. i havepinted 6mm for myself though and it is fun minus a time limit.

here is a sample of the banner i'm working on. it has my little motto at the bottom

some feedback would be great as i want a banner.

Arthur

Offline Mark Plant

• Mad Scientist
    • Pygmy Wars : Russian Civil War and Related Stuff
Re: Latest commission - back of beyond game hunters
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2012, 10:12:04 PM »
Feedback on the banner:

Small blue writing in squiggly font on pink background does not help those older readers with poor eyesight. Those readers who are, I would guess, your best market.

"With prices designed to get your miniatures on the tabletop you are sure to find something to suit your gaming needs" adds nothing.

You've got your name at the top of the banner, so it doesn't need repeating in the next line. We can trim it to two short lines:

"Some of the cheapest commission painting prices on-line." tells them what they want to know. "Just go on over and fill out a form at: www.easypainter.weebly.com" tells them what you want them to know. Make that pretty easy to read: especially the web-link, which is currently the last piece of information they see, despite it being the most important.

I have no issue with the cutesy slogan, other than your little figure has another one, but it needs to be much larger.

At 100KB, it's not a little banner. If you can make the font sizes larger, you will be able to compress the file considerably. That will mean your site loads much faster, and may also matter if you have bandwidth issues.