Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:24:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691075
  • Total Topics: 118370
  • Online Today: 804
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Zombie ruleset?  (Read 5663 times)

Offline Jase

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scientist
Re: Zombie ruleset?
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2012, 06:04:14 PM »
 :D

Offline dexter

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2012, 02:06:44 AM »
Ganesha Games feature Zombies in their Fear & Faith rules, also there's a Zombie Use Me set ( Zombie Dawn? ) available from 15mm.com.
`
I have to ask , have you played many zombie games using FEAR and FAITH? If you have what would you recommend about these rules?

Offline krieghund

• Scientist
  • Beyond all Reason
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2012, 07:33:25 AM »
Sorry Dex not played much of anything lately. :(

Offline Galland

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2012, 09:29:39 AM »
All Things Zombie by Two Hour Wargames. They also have two nice supplements to go with it, with more kinds of zombies and such, if you are in to that, and campaign rules and so forth. Very nice.
Tintin - Pulp Adventures in a orderly fashion
Gallows Falls - Western Village
Eisende - Mordheim costal village WIP
Rome - SPQR & Hail Caesar

Offline BlackMax

• Schoolboy
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2012, 09:44:38 PM »
I have been using a newer set of rules I downloaded from wargames vault in pdf. It's called Zombie Mosh and it is a very fast playing game. It allows for Jams and running out of ammo, securing doors, and using vehicles... I also think it has a very nice selection of weapons and the humor in effect tables are fun. There are several scenarios and it has pages for the counters and effect markers included.

I started out using paper scenery but I am slowly building up some figures and "real" scenery for it. Our little game group is getting a kick out of playing it and I think it is on sale for $6.50? but they say it includes free updates for life... I would suggest checking it out  ;)

Offline Braxandur

• Mastermind
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2012, 03:24:19 PM »
I will vouch for the "Combat Zone" rules set from EM-4 miniatures with the additional rules you can find in the combat zone chronicles articles written by Pil. very easy on the rules and always very exciting. To get an idea, take a look at some of our zombie games:

http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=11729.0
http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=22403.0
Why aim for gold if you can get lead?

Offline Eisenfaust

• Scientist
  • Gamer geek, itinerant cyborg and Viking shaman
    • My blog: Dispatches from the Rim
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2012, 04:22:16 PM »
There's also 7ombie TV by Crooked Dice. Haven't played enough to know how it handles "huge" numbers of zombies but it, and its parent game 7TV are aces.
dispatchesfromtherim.blogspot.com
www.brassandblood.com

Offline Miniman

• Scientist
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2012, 02:58:03 PM »
I have been meaning to jump in here for a while now but I have been busy building stuff.

magokiron said,  If you want fast, simple, easy to teach zombie rules, you can try the FREE and EXCELLENT AKULA'S rules:

http://akulasrules.blogspot.mx/2011/01/akulas-rules-skirmish-edition-arse.html

These are generic rules, and has a mechanism to get more and more zombies each round if you so desire with "Zombie spawn points".

It even considers several "special" zombies with special activation and effects (fast, tank, howler, horde).

But please note that AKULA don't explain everything in his rules ON PURPOSE, in order to keep them short and simple (just 2 pages), so a little experimentation may be needed.

Fortunately Akula is a member of this very forum so you can ask him directly if needed (I did).

I have tryed his rules and really delivers the "zombie survival" feel with simple and elegant mechanics, even an inexperienced player can grasp after just a few minutes.

Hope that helps.

OK I second everything "magokiron" said and I also wani to thank "Akula" for making those simple but elegant rules available to us.
I have taken them, added my own house rules and I am now morphing them with Kill Zone to make a great ruleset.
The zombie movement cards make this enviorment very unpredictable and exciting (I made my own set copied from the rules)
No amount of planning will ever replace dumb luck.

Offline Van-Helsing

• Mastermind
  • (A.K.A. Doctor Warlock)
    • Nexus Miniatures
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2012, 03:24:23 PM »
There's also 7ombie TV by Crooked Dice. Haven't played enough to know how it handles "huge" numbers of zombies but it, and its parent game 7TV are aces.

I would like to put another Vote in for 7ombieTV = excellent ruleset, handles a decent number of Zeds too!

"The world is indeed comic, but the joke is on mankind" ~ H. P. Lovecraft

https://www.facebook.com/nexus.miniatures

Offline Eldorf.Dragonsbane

• Librarian
  • Zombie Game Fan
    • Doug's Land of the Dead
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2012, 10:48:50 PM »
I have to also recommend All Things Zombie. A plus with the ATZ rules are that with the challenge system your character can do almost anything that one might be able to do in real life. Another advantage is if you have a copy of Dead Heat (a now out of print THW game of Professional Zombie Racing, a version of these rules can now be found in the ATZ I, Zombie supplement) or Qwik (A post Apocalyptic game based on Jugger from the 1989 movie The Salute of the Jugger (also known as Blood of Heroes), you can implement those games into your ATZ game.

I have also played Akula's AR:SE rules and do recommend them as another option.

Dead Walk Again is another decent ruleset, though haven't played the latest version.

I do have a couple other Zombie rule sets that I break out every so often, though ATZ is my primary game of choice, with AR:SE coming in second.

Offline Mathyoo

• Scientist
    • My blog here!
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2012, 03:30:03 PM »
I am using No more room in hell by Iron Ivan games.

Its a reasonably priced book, it influenced by the movies and gameplay is pretty much alike. I found rules pretty simple to learn. There is also lots of scenarios and a campaign play, which is one of the reasons I got them.

The rules for controling the zeds are over simplified to me (zeds move towards closest human), so I've tweeked those a bit, but gnerally rules are pretty fun. Also includes rules for post apoc vehicles, horses and some special zeds, mostly influenced by left 4 dead or some zombie game.

The game, however, uses D10s.

Offline SBMiniaturesGuy

• Mad Scientist
    • SBMiniguys Blog for all things OstFront
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2012, 07:19:23 PM »
All Things Zombie by Two Hour Wargames, that's my favorite for Zombie-geddon, they have multiple campaign books out. There are also rules for Zombies in Weird War 2 and I think they have a supplement in the works for wierd Old West with zombies.
Play the game, not the players!
http://sbminisguy.wordpress.com/
Author for THW/NUTS, Rebel Minis, HR Games