Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 07:56:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689242
  • Total Topics: 118266
  • Online Today: 526
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Crimson Skies: Zeppelins and Bombers RELEASED!!!  (Read 1750 times)

Offline GrantS

• Schoolboy
Crimson Skies: Zeppelins and Bombers RELEASED!!!
« on: August 02, 2012, 05:47:43 PM »
   Greetings pilots.  ;)

As I'm sure any of the hardcore Crimson Skies fans know, FASA folded before the official Bombers and Zeppelins sourcebook could be released, which would have expanded Crimson Skies a great deal.

Well, a few months ago I contacted a Mister Patrick Koepke, whose writing credits happened to be "Pride of the Republic" the Crimson Skies sourcebook covering Texas.  He was also a big Crimson Skies player back in the day. 

Well it turned out he was the one writing the un-released Bombers and Zeppelins.

Well, very generously, Patrick has been working his butt off and reformatted all his material, added templates and images, well over a hundred hours of work doing this. 

And now the UN-official Zeppelins and Bombers sourcebook has been released!!!!!!!

You can read all about it Here:
http://montanaraiders.com/zeppelinsandbombers.html
Includes links to the development thread on our forums!

Please, I welcome anyone to join up and tell Mister Koepke how much his effort is appreciated!!!!  (If you do join. add NASB to your username for me to distinguish you from a spambot).   

Also:  Spread the word! I've got this out on a few places, but wherever you don't see a post, tell people!  I've been surprised at how many Crimson Skies players I've bumped into around the interwebz, and I'm sure alot would at least like to peruse it for old times sake.

As a shameless self-promoted pump  ;D    I've also published a fan-made unofficial sourcebook for Crimson Skies called "Pathways through the Pacific" Chronicling the islands and paths that the Pan-Am Clipper took through the Pacific in the world of Crimson Skies.    Included is the glorious world of Tales of the Gold Monkey, the Marivellas Islands!!!!   And the Glorious Empire Volunteer Group, the Flying Tigers operating out of China.
=====================================

And on a more personal note, I am really excited to see the sourcebook.  Z&B has been a holy grail of "There must be one somewhere", rumors of pre-printed copies, for a couple years I had a $500 reward out for a copy.     I've read the New "Un" offical Z&B and it is AWESOME!!! Including the rules for running a campaign!

And I thank you for the time.

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
Re: Crimson Skies: Zeppelins and Bombers RELEASED!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2012, 06:11:41 PM »
Thanks! I used to love playing these game back in the day!  :D :D
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Offline Dewbakuk

• Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2012, 05:57:57 PM »
Brilliant stuff, I shall look forward to reading it.
So many projects..... so little time.......

Offline GrantS

• Schoolboy
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2012, 12:47:28 PM »
  Just was gonna mention: The author, Patrick Koepke is hosting a bomber and zeppelin design competition: Best bomber and Best zeppelin get a FASA miniature and Crimson Skies sourcebook as prize.

Don't be a lurker and mebbe win something  ;D