Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:04:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Playing 40K RT  (Read 8534 times)

Offline Suber

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Playing 40K RT: New Rynn City Walls
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2013, 10:35:07 AM »
Are you just using the RT book or did you include some of the supplements?

Sorry! I didn't see your question! (need a shame blush emoticon)
We used the rulebook for the first game, the ‘Battle at the Farm’. There were no more scenarios in the book, so we used the WD#94 for the second battle, it was the first ‘expansion’ for the game, the ‘Jadeberry Hill’. Since then, a friend designed the scenarios and acted as Game Master.
In fact, I’m bringing you another battle developed by him, full of RT spirits. He just got inspiration from a TV series (‘Fringe’ in this case) and brought this scenario to life. Just as things were made back in time.
Crazy Mekboy Waaagh’tek Bigshokk (;)) conducted some experiments on young Orklings with some kind of Squid drug called ‘Kortaxifan’ to enhance their mental abilities. Some of the younglings developed extraordinary psychic skills.
This morning, Waaagh’tek Bigshokk and his Gretchin assistant Aztrig misteriously teleported to the human city under siege. Da Kortaxifan Boyz will have to infíltrate the city and retrieve their ‘father’…
There were lots of crazy fun special rules. The Ork squad had some psi-powers, and lose them randomly each time they took a casualty. But they managed to get mind control over humans (wich begun to shoot each other!). Each turn the Mekaniak was just fiddling with buttons on his ‘Teleporta Field Device’ so he randomly appeared in different parts of the city, while his ‘children’ were looking for him from here to there, fighting against the corporate guards from Massive Dynamics and the Space Marines reinforcements.
Here you have some pics.

I have a complete report here:
http://oldschoolworkshop.blogspot.com.es/2013/04/playing-rogue-trader-retrieval.html
I have also noted down all the special rules, in case anyone wants to play the scenario. Read them ONLY if you are the GM, the players must not know some pieces of information! ;)

Hope you like it, for me it was the most exhilataring game I can remember. Let me know if you fancy playing it!

Offline Suber

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Playing 40K RT
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2013, 04:13:20 PM »
This is the last battle in this campaign, the final Ork assault on the human city. Marines will have to hold the spaceport as long as they can and allow the civilians to escape. Orks will have to... just act Orky.

Our GM designed some crazy rules. Orks had a Gargant to provide ordnance during the game. At the end of each Ork turn, the Gargant opens fire. Buuuut... Ork comm systems don't work as well as Greenskins would like, so heavy interferences make it possible that the shot doesn't aim at the designed target...
The Game Master would set the artillery template blindly, following indications from both players. Yup, both Ork and Imperial players begun to shout 'Right, right -left, left! Not so much!' and so for 5 secs. The GM did whatever he heard -or more likely whatever he wanted, as it was absolutely impossible to follow any instructions amongst that cacophony.
Advice: this activity is not reccomended for shy players, freshly newcomers to a gaming group, people aware of what the neighbours will think or in general any grown-up people. Thanks Gork and Mork that wasn't our case :D

Ork technology proved to be quite messy. During a teleportation action, an Ork squad suffered the Warp risks and one of them was possessed by a demon!

We had some fun moments, the most memorable was when the Ork Buggy made a 'die hard' ram attack on the Space Marine Land Speeder.

Well, it was totally great, I always recommend playing RT, not the current game. More fun, more story, more soul.
The whole report is here:

http://oldschoolworkshop.blogspot.com.es/2013/05/playing-rogue-trader-battle-for.html

Let's see if I now dare to go on 2nd Ed (that's the farthest Edition I plan to play) ;)

Offline Jonas

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • OUT OF PRINT!
    • Deathworld Adventures
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2013, 05:37:45 PM »
Awesome as usual!   :-*

Offline dijit

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • And when Eric eats a banana...
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2013, 07:33:24 PM »
Cracking Stuff!

Offline infelix

• Scientist
« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2013, 10:20:20 AM »
Fantastic looking games, I started just before the switch to 2nd Ed so I haven't played more then two or three RT games but I loved them. It's such a shame they went with the direction they did with the rules.