Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 09:54:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: My Klingons for Call to Arms: Star Fleet  (Read 5779 times)

Offline Darren

• Scientist
  • Sky Marshall
    • Darren's Hobby Blog
Re: My Klingons for Call to Arms: Star Fleet
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2013, 10:50:55 AM »
The Starline 2500 series models are really nice - I think it's only the Klingon & Romulan dreadnoughts that are a bit ropey as they're cast in resin and they need a bit of work (originally the whole range was supposed to be in resin but there were production issues so they switched back to metal).

Raif - cheers for your help with the firing arc bases.  I contact the guy who designed them and sent me the files so I can print my own.

Offline raif

• Librarian
    • alea iacta est
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2013, 06:08:45 PM »
The Starline 2500 series models are really nice - I think it's only the Klingon & Romulan dreadnoughts that are a bit ropey as they're cast in resin and they need a bit of work (originally the whole range was supposed to be in resin but there were production issues so they switched back to metal).

Raif - cheers for your help with the firing arc bases.  I contact the guy who designed them and sent me the files so I can print my own.

fine, that i could help you!!!  8)

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2013, 12:07:14 AM »
Did you get the small fleet or the larger boxed set? I am thinking of getting one or two of the larger  boxed sets for games if nobody else wants to invest in them. That way I have two armies to use. I also see the larger set has a pocket version of the book.
Check out my blogs!

Warhammer 40k, Fantasy and more!: http://armyoftheweek.blogspot.com

Warhammer Historicals: Legends of the High Seas and Old West, Gladiator: http://diceoflegends.blogspot.com/

Strange Aeons: http://strangeraeonsadventures.blogspot.com

Offline raif

• Librarian
    • alea iacta est
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2013, 07:32:12 AM »
Did you get the small fleet or the larger boxed set? I am thinking of getting one or two of the larger  boxed sets for games if nobody else wants to invest in them. That way I have two armies to use. I also see the larger set has a pocket version of the book.

i bought the squadron box and a f5-blister. the fleet boxes are a good investment if you want to start immediatelly with a big fleet. my second order were e5, f6 and fd7 because our playgroup want to play near "realistic" task forces or fleets. and there were not so many dreadnoughts and battle cruisers. so we invest more in smaller vessels like frigates, destroyer and smaller cruisers.

Offline Marauder

• Librarian
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2013, 08:31:35 PM »
Nice paint jobs.  I have a lot of ships myself, but haven't painted any up yet.

I did not like the bases they came with, so I've picked up some from Corsec Engineering.

http://corseceng.com/omni-stand/

Just as a side note, there are many games that can be played with these minis: ACTA, star fleet battles, federation commander and Starmada - and those are just the ones with "official" Star Fleet Universe rules.  Lots of other generic systems can be used to stat them up as well (but I didn't need to tell you that  ;)

-Tim

Offline raif

• Librarian
    • alea iacta est
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2013, 08:39:06 PM »
my f5 squadron is complete. next will be more cruiser!

more pics of the squadron and pics of the single ship (the one with the red marks on the wings) you can find on the blog.

Offline Darren

• Scientist
  • Sky Marshall
    • Darren's Hobby Blog
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2013, 01:05:38 PM »
The Klingon F5 is fast becoming my favourite starship thanks to your models.  I was never a fan of it before - I've got one of the Starline 2400 versions from a Federation Commander box set and it never impressed.  The Starline 2500 version is much more detailed and you've made them look seriously cool.

Offline raif

• Librarian
    • alea iacta est
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2013, 08:21:56 PM »
shuttles are the next part of my klingon fleets.

two more pics are on the blog to watch.

Offline Michka

• Mastermind
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2013, 10:05:05 PM »
I bought one of those first boxes of resin starships from Mongoose,and it ruined my interest in painting anything Star Trek. Now that I've seen them coming out in metal I'm a bit more interested. After seeing what you've done with them I'm a lot more interested. If I get any more interested I'll actually have to buy a couple. Then what do I do with the dozen or so older ships I've already painted, not to mention all the unpainted stuff? You're making my life difficult with your fantastic painting.   

Offline raif

• Librarian
    • alea iacta est
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2013, 04:23:23 PM »
a new cruiser is complete, a d5w heavy cruiser

more pics of this vessel you can find on my blog.

Offline The_Beast

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • As my grandchildren see me...
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2013, 04:52:05 PM »
***snippage***
Then what do I do with the dozen or so older ships I've already painted, not to mention all the unpainted stuff? You're making my life difficult with your fantastic painting.   

Sorry, Michka, only just saw your plaintive question (was dazzled by the brilliant images, of course). I can give you an address to send unwanted space vessels, especially of the painted variety. Really, no bother!

Doug

Offline Dr. The Viking

• Galactic Brain
  • Rowdy, Hostile and Wrong Inc.
    • Dr. The Vikings Miniature Games Hell
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2013, 05:10:24 PM »
I love it!

I wish my klingons looked as good.
My Empire - where everything I ever did is collected:

http://www.c0wabunga.com

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2013, 08:47:46 PM »
Great stuff! I keep going back and forth between Klingons or the Federation. The Federation has a great deal cool looking ships but the Klingons just are kick ass in general! my buddy is looking at the Romulan Empire as they had the cool birds etched on them.

Offline King Tiger

• Scientist
  • the levels of derp are astounding.
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2013, 06:05:33 AM »
Very nice, but out of curiosity how long and wide is the 2500 F5, thinking it might make a suitable 2400 D4 if its small enough yet big enough.

Offline CyberAlien312

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2013, 03:40:21 PM »
Great work! Are those miniatures metal?
\\\"Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon \\\'em.\\\"

-William Shakespeare