Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 07:14:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690736
  • Total Topics: 118344
  • Online Today: 947
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: We Made a new Wargaming Table Top For Fantasy Warriors! [pg 2 FINISHED photos]  (Read 10414 times)

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
If you show me your hills, I'll show you mine ;)

Jevenkah

Well since you insist...this is the next board over from Heep's Place in the Spooky Woods & VERY W.I.P.:

Zooming In:

Closer Yet:

I'll let you know when I post photos of the more complete board...please don't take that as a threat.
I'd NEVER join a club that would have me as a member.  G.Marx

Offline Quendil

• Mastermind
    • Quendil's World
I love that tree :-* :-* :-*

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
That tree already looks amazing! That texture's so good!

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Offline Jevenkah

• Mad Scientist
  • Orcs will rule the world, if we're not careful
    • Sword and Sorcery RPG
Well since you insist...this is the next board over from Heep's Place in the Spooky Woods & VERY W.I.P.:

I'll let you know when I post photos of the more complete board...please don't take that as a threat.

Yesssss! We used to use blue foam til we ran out. Are the cobblestone carved right into the base foam? And I don't know if I could be the last one out of the room at night with that tree staring at me.

Jevenkah

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
My thanks for the positive feedback on The Tree. The Tree proper is a couple of pieces of Live Oak with teased out hot glue roots.

Yesssss! We used to use blue foam til we ran out. Are the cobblestone carved right into the base foam? And I don't know if I could be the last one out of the room at night with that tree staring at me.

Jevenkah

Back on Long Island, the blue foam was of higher density than the pink. Here in Texas I found out too late the reverse is true. The board has a top layer of R5 Pink 1/4" Fan Foam (the type that comes in folded up sheets) with the stones drawn/carved on with a pencil.

I use beads for the eyes. For some reason or other, they seem to follow Folk as they move around the room. I've had comments that the Trees, Mushrooms, & Faces cause nightmares...I didn't plan that...honest...more or less.

Offline Jevenkah

• Mad Scientist
    • Sword and Sorcery RPG
Did some work with the hills last night... ;)

Now to the paint store!
Jevenkah

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
That is an IMPRESSIVE array. I just complimented Doomhippie on his tenacity; it must be catching. The fuzzy headed faces in the background are very lifelike. GREAT WORK all around!

Offline OLeary

• Scientist
  • Bhí mé ag ól uisce beatha
    • Black Swan Painting
Your children are lovely! I bet they enjoy watching the world you two are building and hopefully one day they will build and game with you. 

Offline Blackwolf

• Potato Cup 3 winner
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
Another wonderful thread,lovely :-*
May the Wolf  Walk With You
http://greywolf1066.blogspot.com.au/

Painting Clubs Joined: APC,MPC, PPC,PAPC,LPC.

Offline Jevenkah

• Mad Scientist
    • Sword and Sorcery RPG
Thank you all very much for the compliments on the terrain, and the children!

Another wonderful thread,lovely :-*

Thank you! We had one of our long-time players come by last night and do all the basecoating with Teshub and myself:

That is an IMPRESSIVE array. I just complimented Doomhippie on his tenacity; it must be catching. The fuzzy headed faces in the background are very lifelike. GREAT WORK all around!

Thanks. I know for us it's that driving desire to get it on the tabletop for the next game night, which occur about once a month. Also, I can't wait to put little lead guys on it and make some scenes! (btw- My sons' smiles were as big as their heads when they read your reply  :D )

Your children are lovely! I bet they enjoy watching the world you two are building and hopefully one day they will build and game with you. 

Thank you! Earliest photographic evidence of our children crafting with us 10 years ago, daughter who is now 13:

Very soon I will have the blog posts up about the adventure Teshub and I ran for our boys, who were 9 and 7, and buddy's boys, ages 8 and 6. That was a very cool couple of hours.

Jevenkah

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
EXCELLENT PROGRESS! Involving one of your Players in the creative process seems like a FINE idea...involvement in my erstwhile AD&D Group was limited to occasionally making the onion dip.

Offline OLeary

• Scientist
    • Black Swan Painting
You guys are hard core, working at night under lights  :o :o That's a lot of priming to get done and it's nice that you've some help. Looking forward to the next WIP  :D

Offline Jevenkah

• Mad Scientist
    • Sword and Sorcery RPG
Whew!
My husband finished out the painting of the hills in a couple more days:

Then put a coat of brown on and once that dried, it was time to play!

The whole process is documented with some more photos on the blog :
http://swordandsorcery99.wordpress.com/workshop/hills/

Jevenkah
who is still waiting patiently to play Fantasy Warriors

Offline OLeary

• Scientist
    • Black Swan Painting
Holy Mary Mother of God  :o :o You guys get it done quick. This is going to be huge and I was feeling good about my tiny little terrain piece I just put together. Excuse me while I go hang myself  :) :) :)

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
LOOKIN' GOOD! You achieved a nice mottled effect...it enhances the appearance of The Little Warriors TERRIFICALLY. AND there's something very cinematic & satisfying about storming up or charging down a hill. There's also something about them that appeals to the Military Mind...the "high ground" thingy or such; put a hill or two in the vicinity of two opposing Generals & they'll sent their Troops  off the fight over it. GREAT WORK!