Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:38:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: IHMN Rules Query  (Read 1522 times)

Offline cptkremmen

• Bookworm
IHMN Rules Query
« on: May 30, 2013, 01:39:47 PM »
Played our 1st game yesterday, went pretty well. A couple of questions came up.

What are the penalties for charging in to combat and then shooting the person you are fighting?

In theory it looks as though you could lose
-2 for opponent moving
-4 because you are moving
-4 for shooting into a fight

This gives a minimum minus of 8 if the opponent was stationery and -10 if they had moved.

This seems far far too harsh. Do you discount the moving penalties??

-4 to shoot and move seems a very high penalty anyway, regardless of whether you are moving into combat? Pretty much impossible to move and shoot, is that correct??

2nd Question - Flamethrowers ignore armour values and roll against 7. Is this true when firing against armoured cars and walkers. I am assuming because of the fragile nature of even a tank in VSF that it is true.

What is the best way of disabling an armoured car or walker?

Am I correct, if you have an armoured car with a machine gun and the SV of the gunner is only +1 then you may only fire the machine gun at a single person, you can't split to hit multiple targets?

Ta

Andy

Offline Skrapwelder

• Mastermind
  • Pluviophile
    • What Ho, Cythereans!
Re: IHMN Rules Query
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2013, 02:43:12 PM »
If you are in the fight, and shooting a pistol at your opponent then I don't think the "Shooting into a Fight" modifiers apply. But your shot will be modified by your target's Speed.

I found the -4 to shooting while moving a refreshingly realistic departure from most game rules. Its very hard to hit a moving target when you are moving as well. We found that once models start firing from a stationary position their enemies start hitting the ground quickly.

Offline cptkremmen

• Bookworm
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2013, 03:57:55 PM »
Hope you are right about not counting a double -4 for shooting whilst having moved into a fight.

Craig is that right?

Offline Dewbakuk

• Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2013, 10:30:14 PM »
I'd agree with not applying the shooting into a fight penalty as the figure is in the fight, not targeting it.
So many projects..... so little time.......

Offline Nazrat

• Assistant
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2013, 12:14:50 AM »
In the example on page 14 it shows a guy charging in to combat and he only gets a -4 for moving and firing and a -2 for the target's Speed.  There is no mention of the "shooting into combat" penalty...

Jerry
"I can't understand why you don't get any mail from me. Perhaps it's because I haven't been writing."  Groucho