Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 07:50:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Good vs. Evil tabletop gaming - new minis 27/12  (Read 5445 times)

Offline TF Riley

• Bookworm
  • The Dude Abides
Re: Dvergar for Good vs. Evil tabletop gaming
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2013, 10:24:16 PM »
Spank you Dr. Thorbjörn!

I have actually painted a knicket recently, and a crazed zealot, but circumstances have done so I have no pictures - yet.

Offline TF Riley

• Bookworm
  • The Dude Abides
Re: Dvergar for Good vs. Evil tabletop gaming
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2013, 10:14:43 PM »
No painted minis yet, but thought I'd better cut this from the kickstarter thread and placed here.

Begun writing up a scenario this morning. This intro teaser is open enough to include any of the existing warbands and even some home brewed special characters. Now what lurks in an abondoned tower - a necromancer? A dragon? Or somethings completely different Smiley

Without much further ado and to the tunes of an eclectic 70's tune, I give you my hurriedly drafted creation:

By the Rivers of Albion

The City of Longheport lies on the mouth of the large river delta and is an important trade port in the Western regions of Albionnica and the gateway for merchants and adventurers from waters of the West and South.

The inland of Longheport is most made up by marshes and swamps surrounded by a low forest, called the West Woods, where all sorts of smugglers, pirates and darker things keep in out of sights from the powerful Governor and his feared city watch.

Seaweed farmers west of the city has been reporting of a growing unrest in the forsaken lagoon; an area overgrown by the most vicious fauna and inhabited by vile critters like the dreaded low water amphibian, the alligatoor, and a nasty flesheating bird, the pawwot.

The West Woods surrounding the swamp lands says the weed farmers has been subject a more eerie presence than usual with most peculiar things happening around the area of the forgotten tower; an old watch tower erected in days of old to track any movements of swamp creatures and more ancient dangers.

The governor has responded to these reports by sending out a smalle force of his best fighting men (also to keep them of the city after a long period of drinkin’, fightin’, fornicatin’ and blatant robbin’ and violation of the rich merchant families and their houses). The governors troops are led by the renowned sergeant of the city watch, The Mallet, once a cutthroat murderer turned “lawful” in the service of the city ‘cause he was by far one of the best killers in the Western lands.

Offline TF Riley

• Bookworm
  • The Dude Abides
Re: Giants Rats for Good vs. Evil tabletop gaming
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2013, 11:11:26 PM »
So I've managed to finish the last 3 rats for my ratmen/skaven warband. Picture's a bit crappy but shows the joyful moment when the long lost rat brothers meet on an Ice Death World for the first time since they were seperated as younglings.

Hopefully, this update will see me return to the paint station. Last couple of months have been hectic - got an extension on my job, extension expired and not prolonged, gone freelance and moved hobby workshop also, but the new place holds so much promise https://www.facebook.com/Roguetradercph?ref=hl in regards of practicing the aspect of this hobby which I love - painting and modelling (still a newb) and casual gaming!

Thanks for looking - hope to have more for you next time around (and hopefully sooner than 3-4 months)

//Thomas

Offline TF Riley

• Bookworm
  • The Dude Abides
Good vs. Evil tabletop gaming - new minis 27/12
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2013, 12:17:14 AM »
Recently I joined a sort of paint-a-thon where you have to finish x number of troops each month on your way to making a small army. I chose to paint my Realm of Chaos army and to accommodate the goals of our little painting contest, I began with a unit of Warriors and a unit of Thugs.

Here's the group shot - primed and base colours applied. I've chosen to go with black armour, dark leather and steel and brass for metal. Some minis will have individual details, but think overall dark theme.

I then continued with this lot, painting bases, armour and base colours. Skin, leather and details are next step and then I'll consider them done so I can go on to the next batch.

Thanks for looking!

Cheers,
Thomas

Offline dijit

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • And when Eric eats a banana...
Re: Good vs. Evil tabletop gaming
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2013, 08:07:23 AM »
Very nice Thomas! It's great to see some of these great minis with good paint work.
Duncan

Offline TF Riley

• Bookworm
  • The Dude Abides
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2013, 10:23:19 AM »
Cheers Dunc!

I was torn between my usual painting style using natural and muted tones or going completely over the top with red, blue, yellow, green and pink to fit the old Realm of Chaos style.

I came to the conclusion that pang is a theme of the past, at least for me, but I'll try and incorporate some power-specific colours when adding the details (muted blue, pink etc. and chaos runes, flames and checks), although I regretted last night, that I didn't go completely overboard in colour frenzy, browns gets so dull to paint come AM 01:00 after a few beers  :D   

Sadly, I didn't get this project started in time for the warband challenge on the Powerfist forum, but then again rather paint something in your own time than promise to paint something within a certain timeframe and fail horribly :)

Deadline is January 1. - for the whole lot  :o Let's see how many I finish  lol

Offline dijit

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • And when Eric eats a banana...
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2013, 10:56:11 AM »
I don't think the muted colours are bad at all, but I can understand the need to paint bright garish colours. So, perhaps a few touches here and there to add contrast, perhaps it'd also work to use the bright colours on the markings, then they'd really stand out against the muted drab colours?

Offline Dr. Zombie

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2013, 11:25:58 AM »
They look awesome!

Perhaps you could reserve the bright screaming colours to banners?

Offline TF Riley

• Bookworm
  • The Dude Abides
Re: Good vs. Evil tabletop gaming - now with OOP Chaos Thugs
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2014, 10:36:26 PM »
Thanks Frede! Yeah, that seems to be consensus :)

I've almost completed the first 9 thugs and begun on the last 6 for my 15 strong unit. With highlights, they look much better, and I'll be adding colours in the individual details.

Also, I've wrapped my head around on how to approach the chaos warriors, keeping with the same palette of black, steel and brass.

After a quick 500 pts game today, I decided to add two banners to my warriors, so these will feature sometime in January along with another 250 pts of reinforcements as our small challenge dictates.

Thanks for looking (although I forgot to take pictures this time - will provide links when my mate uploads his).

Cheers,
Thomas