Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 02:23:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: The LAF Games Workshop Discussion Thread  (Read 1733890 times)

Offline Lost Egg

• Mastermind
Re: The LAF Games Workshop Discussion Thread
« Reply #8820 on: September 02, 2018, 01:31:26 PM »
I think the sound of rules was always more interesting to me than the setting with LotR. Don't get me wrong I enjoyed the LoTR films (not the Hobbit) but the game itself never grabbed me.
My current project...Classic Wargame - An experiment in 24" of wargaming!

https://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=140633.new#new

Offline MachinaMandala

• Librarian
« Reply #8821 on: September 02, 2018, 01:40:06 PM »
On the Warhammer Conquest front: If you get a subscription from Issue 2, you get Issue 3 for free. If you then ALSO get a subscription from Issue 4, you get Issue 4 for free and you get Issue 5 and 6.

So, you get:
Issue 2 - £4.99
Issue 3 - Free
Issue 4 - Free
Issue 5 - £7.99
Issue 6 - £7.99

You also get two sets of their mini mould scrapers and plastic glue. All for a total of £20.97.

Then ring up and cancel the subscriptions after delivery.

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
« Reply #8822 on: September 02, 2018, 01:42:28 PM »
That sounds incredible cheeky, but considering the way these magazines generally work, can't blame you!
3d designer, sculptor and printer, at your service!

3d files! (here)

Offline Lost Egg

• Mastermind
« Reply #8823 on: September 02, 2018, 01:56:36 PM »
I read a review of the mags and apparently the customer service is shocking with them ignoring requests to cancel. When punters have cancelled DD with the bank the mag publisher then accuses you of owing money. It still all kinda sounds a bit shady and vague to me.

Here is the review... https://fauxhammer.com/reviews/warhammer-conquest-magazine-review-issue-01/

Offline mcfonz

• Mastermind
    • Poison Spurs - blog and reviews
« Reply #8824 on: September 02, 2018, 03:35:08 PM »
On the Warhammer Conquest front: If you get a subscription from Issue 2, you get Issue 3 for free. If you then ALSO get a subscription from Issue 4, you get Issue 4 for free and you get Issue 5 and 6.

So, you get:
Issue 2 - £4.99
Issue 3 - Free
Issue 4 - Free
Issue 5 - £7.99
Issue 6 - £7.99

You also get two sets of their mini mould scrapers and plastic glue. All for a total of £20.97.

Then ring up and cancel the subscriptions after delivery.

It doesn't work like that. The subscription isn't taken out weekly. It's delivered monthly. So if you phone up to cancel, you either cancel this months or next months delivery.

So when it says after 4 deliveries - it is talking months in reality. Not issues.

Edit: see here - https://www.warhammer40000conquest.com/how-it-works/

So you can't earn the reward for your 1st delivery twice. And if you step in and out and then back in, it will count deliveries like that so if you skip a month or two I'm guessing you can still earn the other freebies if you total enough deliveries.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2018, 03:39:45 PM by mcfonz »
RP Tabletop Blog:

RP vlog channel: https://www.youtube.com/@RandomPlatypus

Offline MachinaMandala

• Librarian
« Reply #8825 on: September 02, 2018, 04:16:40 PM »
It doesn't work like that. The subscription isn't taken out weekly. It's delivered monthly. So if you phone up to cancel, you either cancel this months or next months delivery.

So when it says after 4 deliveries - it is talking months in reality. Not issues.

Edit: see here - https://www.warhammer40000conquest.com/how-it-works/

So you can't earn the reward for your 1st delivery twice. And if you step in and out and then back in, it will count deliveries like that so if you skip a month or two I'm guessing you can still earn the other freebies if you total enough deliveries.

Your first first delivery (which will happen two weeks from now) is:

Issue 2 - £4.99, Issue 3 - Free, Citadel Modelling Set

After this, you cancel this subscription.

Then your second first delivery (which will happen five weeks from now) is:

Issue 4 - Free, Issue 5 - £7.99, Issue 6 - £7.99

After this, you cancel this subscription.

You set up two concurrent subscriptions at the same time. You then cancel the subscriptions as the deliveries occur. The whole system will be automated, no one will check to see if you've got your first time bonuses improperly.

Offline mcfonz

• Mastermind
« Reply #8826 on: September 02, 2018, 04:22:13 PM »
Yeah, I think you could get away with that IF you used a different address and someone else's payment method. Otherwise the subscription is assigned to an account with your address and details. So if you cancel and restart, it won't count as your first delivery again.

Offline twrchtrwyth

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Don't join dangerous cults: practice safe sects.
    • Deeside Defenders
« Reply #8827 on: September 03, 2018, 07:36:21 AM »
I'm not sure discussing what is effectively cheating is the kind of thing gentlefolk should be discussing, especially not in such a public way.
He that trades Liberty for Security will soon find that he has neither.

Benjamin Franklin

Offline dampfpanzerwagon

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #8828 on: September 03, 2018, 06:16:12 PM »
After seeing the TV adverts, I picked up three packs from my local WH Smiths store. I might get (1) issue two as the figures and paint pot still looks great value, but issue three is less good value.

Tony

See Blog for more details.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 06:17:51 PM by dampfpanzerwagon »

Offline Vanvlak

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #8829 on: September 03, 2018, 08:19:03 PM »
The return of Rogue Trader is just a week away - seems that pre-orders are open next weekend.
I am finding the Rogue Trader and crew difficult to resist - their are some descriptions on the GW Community page; the board less so, but then again I am not a fan of printed boards. It seems there are corridors, which I like. The Nurgle lot (Nurgle does seem to be a big thing - figuratively as well as literally) I'm still uncertain about, but I get the nasty feeling they'll grow on me.

Offline AWu

• Mastermind
    • War is the H-word
« Reply #8830 on: September 03, 2018, 09:22:22 PM »
I wouldnt count too much on corridors. My bet is second board will fit on the opposite side of the first.

But I love it and  Ive pre ordered the game in my local FLGS..
I wonder if full KT rules will be included. I dont intend to play KT but it would be nice.

Ive built Rogue trader team already but the characters are great.

And I love big mutants  and small critters :-*

Offline mcfonz

• Mastermind
« Reply #8831 on: September 04, 2018, 12:20:20 PM »
I'm not sure discussing what is effectively cheating is the kind of thing gentlefolk should be discussing, especially not in such a public way.

I agree totally.

As someone who has subscribed, I can tell folks it just does not work like that. You have an account with Hatchett and you subscribe through that. So a bit like being a member on here and then say, signing up to a lead adventure mini monthly box thing. You could unsubscribe but still have your account.

So you can't unsubscribe a disappear off their radar and come back pretending to be a new customer. They have run partworks tons of times and have others running right now. They are not going to make it easy for people to make them possibly go bankrupt by fiddling lots of freebies from them.

Offline AWu

• Mastermind
    • War is the H-word
« Reply #8832 on: September 04, 2018, 08:42:44 PM »
I agree on being slightly disturbed by sharing plans to technically steal product from gaming company (its GW -  but this dont change a thing really)

Offline Belligerentparrot

• Scientist
« Reply #8833 on: September 04, 2018, 10:20:41 PM »
I agree on being slightly disturbed by sharing plans to technically steal product from gaming company (its GW -  but this dont change a thing really)
It is like the magazine-buying equivalent of list-abusing power-gaming  :D

On a different note, I cannot wait for the RT game to come out. I need to own those imperial miniatures!

Offline MachinaMandala

• Librarian
« Reply #8834 on: September 04, 2018, 10:49:20 PM »
I agree totally.

As someone who has subscribed, I can tell folks it just does not work like that. You have an account with Hatchett and you subscribe through that. So a bit like being a member on here and then say, signing up to a lead adventure mini monthly box thing. You could unsubscribe but still have your account.

So you can't unsubscribe a disappear off their radar and come back pretending to be a new customer. They have run partworks tons of times and have others running right now. They are not going to make it easy for people to make them possibly go bankrupt by fiddling lots of freebies from them.

I don't think accusing people of theft on a public forum when they're paying for a product is a gentlemanly thing to do. lol

If you have a coupon that says "£10 off purchases over £40, valid once per purchase" and you use it twice, is that theft? No, of course not. Theft is an actionable crime. Accusing someone of committing a crime when they're suggesting something similar to clever coupon use is pretty unreasonable, in my personal opinion.