Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:04:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Winter War 28mm Kickstarter range  (Read 17238 times)

Offline Lardy Rich

• Scientist
Re: Winter War 28mm Kickstarter range
« Reply #60 on: April 20, 2015, 09:12:04 AM »
I honestly feel sorry for the bloke. I got some of my stuff, maybe most, but I haven't even unpacked it yet.  The problem for me is that if I fancy doing a period now, I don't necessarily fancy it a year later.

I've just written it down to experience. I backed a project which was obviously way too generous with its stretch goals, to the extent that it was on the verge of getting something for nothing.  That never works in reality and the writing should have been on the wall for me to see.  In future I'll examine any kickstarter I get involved with much more carefully.

Rich

Offline macsparty

• Assistant
« Reply #61 on: April 20, 2015, 01:33:11 PM »
You're right Rich, in that it was too generous with its stretch goals. It was too good to be true, and I wish I would have realized that at first. I don't think he set out for it to go down like this.

I, too, would be willing to sacrifice some of my pledge at this point and get something out of this rather than nothing. Maybe a new survey is in order, with items at closer to market value. Sure it would stink to lose out on part of it, but it would be better than a total wash. I'm still interested in the period. I have a bunch of Battle Honors minis I am happy with, I'd really like the vehicles, though.

The crazy thing is, those are all available from Warlord now, but I haven't bought them because technically I already paid for some.

Offline Too Bo Coo

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Adder Noir
« Reply #62 on: April 20, 2015, 02:57:34 PM »
I never got the impression that Gav was a swindler, just bit off more than anyone could chew.  Hope he finds his way out.  I think appealing to the good graces of the pledgers with a new and realistic survey is not a bad idea.  People have the right to say no, but something is always better than nothing, as you indicated :D
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men."
-Willy Wonka