Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 12:30:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: 15mm 'God of Battles' fantasy wargaming project (Army Shots on PG. 6!)  (Read 21615 times)

Offline Quirkworthy

• Scientist
  • Quirkworthy
    • Quirkworthy
Re: 15mm 'God of Battles' fantasy wargaming project
« Reply #45 on: November 22, 2013, 11:53:21 AM »
Interesting out see how this is going. Halving the ranges makes it quite a compact game, which would help those with limited space for big battles. Most people could manage a 2 foot square board.

I'm tempted myself, but have way too many 28s in the lead mountain to start all over again.

Fun though. Look forward to seeing what you do next ;)

Offline Torben

• Scientist
  • Scatterbrained Wargamer!
« Reply #46 on: November 22, 2013, 12:25:51 PM »
One of the main selling points for me (and Duncan too I guess) was that we could play bigger games on half the tablespace. However, I noted that if we also halved the deployment area from 8" to 4" it would take far too long to get into contact with each other :)

Oh, and cheers! It's great to be playing fun games again - it has really renewed my hobby :)

Offline Too Bo Coo

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Adder Noir
« Reply #47 on: November 22, 2013, 12:40:55 PM »
Very nice project Mate!
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men."
-Willy Wonka

Offline Jevenkah

• Mad Scientist
  • Orcs will rule the world, if we're not careful
    • Sword and Sorcery RPG
« Reply #48 on: November 22, 2013, 01:49:06 PM »
Thanks for the link for the how-to on your gaming mat. That looks like great fun to make  :D

Battle on!
Jevenkah

Offline Dr. Zombie

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #49 on: November 30, 2013, 03:46:32 PM »
So now I have read through the rules and I must say I am all in! I have already ordered a bunch of greenskins to build an army.

I really like some of the concepts in these rules. The whole movement system seems very simple and effective. I like the difference in formed and unformed units and that formed units have a threat range. I can see this could create some very interesting tactical options in a game.

Torben at Åcon at the very latest my greenskins will chrush your puny undead army!! Like my chaos warlord did with yours! - Yes I went there..

Offline manic _miner

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Four A miniatures
« Reply #50 on: November 30, 2013, 07:22:51 PM »
 Been looking at the old Grenadier range which Mirliton now has.Some nice pieces in the range which I had not noticed before.

Offline Torben

• Scientist
« Reply #51 on: November 30, 2013, 08:33:59 PM »
So now I have read through the rules and I must say I am all in! I have already ordered a bunch of greenskins to build an army.

I really like some of the concepts in these rules. The whole movement system seems very simple and effective. I like the difference in formed and unformed units and that formed units have a threat range. I can see this could create some very interesting tactical options in a game.

Torben at Åcon at the very latest my greenskins will chrush your puny undead army!! Like my chaos warlord did with yours! - Yes I went there..

Glad to hear that your're all in! I'm hoping that we could meet up before Åcon, I'm still attempting to figure out a GOB15-day here in Vejle, but it's a little while to go yet before I can get an exact date.

And yes, there's a lot of good concepts in these rules - the movement system was one of my favourites as well! :)

But I won't stand for you devilish taunting good sir - we'll settle this, again, on the field of battle!

Offline dijit

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • And when Eric eats a banana...
« Reply #52 on: November 30, 2013, 09:57:01 PM »
We played another game the other day I'm even more convinced. My Blood Gorged did well, next time I might have to try the 1000 tribes.
Duncan

Offline Torben

• Scientist
« Reply #53 on: December 05, 2013, 03:38:51 PM »

Tonight, we ride!

I finally finished my mounted portion of my army and it's looking rather solid once all the individual pieces are set up next to each other. Incidently, this also marks the end of this army-project! I've just ordered some Wood Elves from RPE which will be used as the Sea Elves from GOB; Wolves as Merfolk, Bears as Ambassadors of the deep (although I am on the lookout for suitable wood-sprites or dryads), a Treeman instead of a giant crab - it's going to be grand and I can't wait for the parcel to arrive from RPE! :D

Offline dijit

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • And when Eric eats a banana...
« Reply #54 on: December 05, 2013, 03:49:20 PM »
Looking good Torben, looking forwards to seeing them in the flesh tonight.
I've actually finished a unit and my giant boar-rider/chariot AND started a second unit. So I'll have a painted unit to put down tonight too :)
Duncan

Offline Torben

• Scientist
« Reply #55 on: December 05, 2013, 03:55:32 PM »
... Wouldn't that be two units then? :D

But I'm looking forward to see what you've been up to as well! Who knows, we might soon be able to make a real battle-report! ;)

Offline Dr. Zombie

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #56 on: December 05, 2013, 03:57:19 PM »
How many point do you guys play with?

Offline Torben

• Scientist
« Reply #57 on: December 05, 2013, 04:02:26 PM »
For now we're just playing the recommended standard 36 points - but I'm guessing it won't be long before we start on 48 points as well ;)

Furthermore, we've decided that 2 x Large FOW bases, set together, constitutes the Camp area for your army, and for now we're using a 40mm circular base for our Baggage. Dunno if I'd call it a standard or anything like that, but that should give you some 15mm measurements to work from :)

Incidently I'm in need of Undead Sutlers and Camp Followers in 15mm ;)

Offline Dr. Zombie

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #58 on: December 05, 2013, 04:48:04 PM »
Great! I will aim at something similar.

I tried playing a bit with the army list and found that 36 point are quickly spent and does not leave a lot of room for the "fun extras".

Offline grobut

• Bookworm
« Reply #59 on: December 05, 2013, 06:09:52 PM »
Im in to! Aiming to build an army in the spring :)
My miniature blog: http://christianbech.dk