Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 04:49:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: 15mm 'God of Battles' fantasy wargaming project (Army Shots on PG. 6!)  (Read 21631 times)

Offline dijit

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • And when Eric eats a banana...
Re: 15mm 'God of Battles' fantasy wargaming project
« Reply #75 on: December 15, 2013, 09:47:15 AM »
A unit of eight is including the command models, though depending on whether the unit is loose or formed they can have varying amounts of command models.

Re. unit upgrades; each unit can have one of each type, so one of each unit enhancement - protection, spite,
vengance, and selfless.

Re. orcs; have you seen the Ral Partha Demonworld ones? I have a set of 10 and they are really nice sculpts.
Duncan

Offline Dr. Zombie

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #76 on: December 15, 2013, 10:32:19 AM »
Great thanks.

I have the deamonworld goblins. I thought the orcs looked a bit boring. But that might just be the pictures and the paintjob. But I might give them a try. I was really impressed with the gobbos.

Offline Funghy-Fipps

• Mad Scientist
    • Forgotten Dungeons
« Reply #77 on: December 15, 2013, 11:37:07 AM »
Some great and inspiring pictures here! I'm using 'Mayhem' for my 15mm battles so all my models are based in groups or 'units'. However, I do like the look of singly-based 15mm as shown here. With that in mind I'm thinking of getting some packs of the Robin Hood minis from Splintered Light and using them with the 'Crom' rules.

Offline Torben

• Scientist
  • Scatterbrained Wargamer!
« Reply #78 on: December 15, 2013, 01:08:30 PM »
Oh an Torben I intend to use goblins as war orks initially to quickly give me a playable army. I hope you can live with that. Once I have an decent size army and I find orks that I like they will of course be demoted to goblin rabble again.

Seeing as Mr. Thompson already took care of your questions then I'll take care of the ethical one: I'm perfectly fine with doing so, especially since I'm currently working on a Wood Elf army that is going to be a whole lot of 'count as' shenanigans. In my opinion then as long as everybody knows what each painted unit represents then it's fine by me!

...Although calling a can of Pepsi for a dragon might be a bit of a stretch :D

Offline gorgarrak

• Bookworm
« Reply #79 on: December 16, 2013, 05:36:31 AM »
Your undead look great, nice to see the Demonworld minis back in production after such a long time away.
You have convinced me to start a 15mm GoB project myself, it'll be a sculpting training project as well with every mini in my forces scratch sculpted starting with goblins and Dwarves

Mike

Offline dijit

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #80 on: December 16, 2013, 05:55:06 AM »
Your undead look great, nice to see the Demonworld minis back in production after such a long time away.
You have convinced me to start a 15mm GoB project myself, it'll be a sculpting training project as well with every mini in my forces scratch sculpted starting with goblins and Dwarves

Mike
Sounds interesting, but that is a lot of minis to sculpt.

Offline gorgarrak

• Bookworm
« Reply #81 on: December 16, 2013, 06:46:26 AM »
Yes, a hell of a lot, by my count around 100ish, here is my first test, hope you don't mind me hijacking the thread for a moment :)

Mike

Offline dijit

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #82 on: December 16, 2013, 07:20:03 AM »
Its a bit to difficult to see properly, but it looks pretty good.

Offline gorgarrak

• Bookworm
« Reply #83 on: December 16, 2013, 07:28:11 AM »
Clearly ripped of GWs battle for skull pass gobbos but only 10mm tall, I better start my own thread

Mike

Offline Torben

• Scientist
« Reply #84 on: December 24, 2013, 10:39:24 AM »
So, I was a bit quiet for some time with this project. The reason? I'm the worst blogger in the whole history of the internet! I like sharing what I'm up to, but I'm also really bad at doing it in a blogging manner; I think I'm much more of a polished article kinda guy... Anyway, it's christmas, so I had time to finish off some projects and noticed there was a lack of army photos of my Undeath for GOB15...

And there they are; my Necromancer in all his glory along with his host of Undead, ready to... well, seeing as it's GOB, then he's mostly ready to defend his graveyards from the rampaging Blood Gorged tribes nearby.

So - I finished off a complete army of undead and I'm mightily pleased with myself for that fact alone. But, one army isn't really enough to show off the merits of GOB15, so what's a wargamer to do?

Well, he paints up another army of course! And I would have finished another unit today had it not been for the fact that my trusty architect lamp just up and died on me - and as the general light ambience here in Denmark is horrid and in my flat especially, then I chose to take some snapshots as I had promised myself of my newest army; the Seawood Elves! (there's technically no Wood Elves in the GOB rulebook, but there are Sea Elves which can work out as the same thing if you tweak things a bit ;)).

And with that - have a very jolly holiday and merry christmas everyone!

Offline Torben

• Scientist
Re: 15mm 'God of Battles' fantasy wargaming project (Army Shots on PG. 6!)
« Reply #85 on: December 24, 2013, 11:07:15 AM »

And for those with an interest in the God of Battles rulebook, here's how I've made my wood elves from the Sea Elf list in the book. I chose the models for the units in the army list based on either the units merits (high defence for the Shushain' Chosen meant that I used Heavy Infantry models) or because they just fitted perfectly!

I'm still on the lookout for better Ambassadors of the Deep as I'm not quite sold on using bears (although, bears rock!) for that entry and would have preferred something dryad-like in 15mm... but I've yet to find any, sadly.

Offline dijit

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #86 on: December 24, 2013, 11:20:52 AM »
Looking good Torben, though I thinkI've beat you on worst blogger account! I've now got 3 units of brutes, a herdlord, a minotaur (a monster from the depths of the forest), and chariot (giant boar rider) all finished and not a photo in sight.

Great to see your new Wood Elves, and wow you got them done fast!!! I also suspect you're upping your painting game there too.
We'll have to have a game some time after the next couple of days.
Duncan

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #87 on: December 24, 2013, 11:29:13 AM »
Dryads from splintered light :D

http://www.splinteredlightminis.com/woodlandrealms.html

or wood trolls

Offline Torben

• Scientist
« Reply #88 on: December 24, 2013, 12:48:49 PM »
@Duncan - Yes, I did up my painting game a bit, but I was mostly helped along by the fact that furs and bark seems to lend itself rather well to that fastes of painting techniques - drybrushing ;)

We're really both bit of a chums when it comes to this here online presence, eh? What say you that we try and up the anté with a fully painted, fully realized battlereport soon? Incidently I've been thinking about some narrative campaign rules as well...

@Lowtardog - Oh I rather like those Wood Trolls as I already mentioned over on the GOB-group; trouble is that importing stuff from the US is really rather expensive... but they do look the part!

Offline dijit

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #89 on: December 24, 2013, 01:11:18 PM »
@Duncan - Yes, I did up my painting game a bit, but I was mostly helped along by the fact that furs and bark seems to lend itself rather well to that fastes of painting techniques - drybrushing ;)

We're really both bit of a chums when it comes to this here online presence, eh? What say you that we try and up the anté with a fully painted, fully realized battlereport soon? Incidently I've been thinking about some narrative campaign rules as well...

Sounds good Torben. I've made sure that my social secretary hasn't booked me too much this Christmas ;) I've just one unit to paint and another to finished then I've got 36pts of Blood Gorged and am itching to start my 1000 Tribes.