Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:29:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691073
  • Total Topics: 118370
  • Online Today: 823
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Freebooter Legends going OOP  (Read 1486 times)

Offline morkin

• Bookworm
Freebooter Legends going OOP
« on: October 28, 2013, 10:28:43 AM »
Hi there

Just to prevent major disappointment in case you forgot: our ten year anniversary miniatures, the Freebooter’s Fate Legends, will only be available until the end of October/early November in our store. They will leave our range after that. For good. The melting pot has been mentioned for any remaining stock.

Which products will leave the range?
FML00 Legends Box

FML07 Virgo Despiedad

FML08 Chassa

FML09 Papa Houngan

The last time we will be selling these four products will be at CRISIS in Antwerp, Belgium on 2 November 2013. After that show, we will be saying farewell to them. Of course, they are still available from our webshop right up to that date. So place your order now or pay us a visit at Crisis before it's too late. Yes, we really mean this.

Offline Conquistador

• Galactic Brain
  • There are hostile eye watching us from the arroyos
Re: Freebooter Legends going OOP
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2013, 10:37:07 AM »
While it doesn't matter to me since I won't buy them (scale not in my plans anymore) I always wonder what drives decisions like this.  Can you comment as to why they are going OOP?

Gracias,

Glenn
Viva Alta California!  Las guerras de España,  Las guerras de las Américas,  Las guerras para la Libertad!

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2013, 03:11:43 PM »
That is sad; re, they were lovely pieces. The Freebooter range is & has been quite beyond my humble finances, but it was fine to know they were there should things improve.
Melting down the stock is, however, a reprehensible form of vandalism.
I'd NEVER join a club that would have me as a member.  G.Marx

Offline morkin

• Bookworm
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2013, 04:14:05 PM »
This is our 10 year anniversary limited edition range which formed part of our Indiegogo campaign last year. We always said from the start that they would be available from us for exactly one year and no longer. That year is now coming to an end and so we are withdrawing the figures from our active range. This is just a reminder to anyone who might have them on their list and have forgotten about the time limit. (We encountered a few of those at Spiel last week, you see.)

We take limited editions very seriously at Freebooter Miniatures and so we will stick to the implicit promise we made to all those of our customers who have already purchased these figures. After Crisis 2013, we will not be selling any of these miniatures, no matter how many people ask for one. Whatever we decide to do with any remaining stock we might have left, those who bought one of the miniatures or sets in the good faith that it would be from a limited range exactly as advertised (in this case limited temporal availability) can absolutely rely on the fact that it is and will continue to be so.

Offline Quirkworthy

• Scientist
  • Quirkworthy
    • Quirkworthy
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2013, 04:56:40 PM »
This is our 10 year anniversary limited edition range which formed part of our Indiegogo campaign last year. We always said from the start that they would be available from us for exactly one year and no longer. That year is now coming to an end and so we are withdrawing the figures from our active range. This is just a reminder to anyone who might have them on their list and have forgotten about the time limit. (We encountered a few of those at Spiel last week, you see.)

We take limited editions very seriously at Freebooter Miniatures and so we will stick to the implicit promise we made to all those of our customers who have already purchased these figures. After Crisis 2013, we will not be selling any of these miniatures, no matter how many people ask for one. Whatever we decide to do with any remaining stock we might have left, those who bought one of the miniatures or sets in the good faith that it would be from a limited range exactly as advertised (in this case limited temporal availability) can absolutely rely on the fact that it is and will continue to be so.

I think that's quite laudable.

Offline Orctrader

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Orctrader's Painted Figures
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2013, 07:46:12 PM »

We take limited editions very seriously at Freebooter Miniatures and so we will stick to the implicit promise we made to all those of our customers who have already purchased these figures.

It is fair, I suppose, especially for those buyers who perhaps see their collections as a financial investment.  That said I was amazed to see the Visions in Colour - Thief on the Roof go for so little recently.
LINK