Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 14, 2024, 03:45:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1697420
  • Total Topics: 118830
  • Online Today: 545
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online
Users: 5
Guests: 409
Total: 414

Recent

Author Topic: The Nefarious Schemes of One Fram Framson (update 6/2 - Awooga)  (Read 92415 times)

Offline marianas_gamer

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Our Man on Guam Watchman in the East
Re: The Nefarious Schemes of One Fram Framson (update 9/22 - Please Stand)
« Reply #315 on: September 22, 2015, 08:28:32 PM »
Like'em  :-*
LB
Got to kick at the darkness till it bleeds daylight.

Offline Happy Wanderer

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #316 on: September 22, 2015, 09:50:36 PM »
Lovely Colors and paint tones.....nice work Fram. Excellent soft shades.

Where do you get this threesome from?

Happy W

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
« Reply #317 on: September 22, 2015, 11:30:12 PM »
Thanks guys.

From left to right, the bodyguard is a Copplestone Castings British officer from the BoB line (I converted his shorts to pants, since Ethiopian uniforms all had full trousers and not shorts), the Emperor was sculpted by our own Tin Shed Gamer and will be sold through 1st Corps miniatures, and the Ras Kassa was a total conversion (a GW Space wolf head, plus some legs, and the cloak was entirely sculpted by me).

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Offline Katsuhiko JiNNai

• Mastermind
    • My BLOG
« Reply #318 on: September 26, 2015, 10:49:27 AM »
Superb job.    o_o As usual your leagues are original, charismatic and with interesting paint schemes.

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
Re: The Nefarious Schemes of One Fram Framson (update 1/23 - this and that)
« Reply #319 on: January 24, 2016, 01:03:41 AM »
Well, it's been a little while! Back to the grist mill! No new leagues yet, but some assorted characters.

First some folks from the fringes of life.

L-R: A con giveaway of a Mark Copplestone-sculpted Rasputin from Corto Maltese (Miniaturicum has a few for regular sale, luckily!), the real one, not that tawdry impostor  ;), A hobo from an 80's Call of Cthulhu minis set which was kindly provided by Svenn, a gypsy witch which is actually a fantasy figure from Red Box Games and was kindly provided by Blackwolf, and Lead Adventure's own Lovecraft (or "Philip von Craft"), who I made sure to paint extra pale for the appropriate "indoors" look (evil day star! evil day star! lol ) and who - in the world of wonderful pulp may be more than just a mere writer (not a particularly original idea anyway, Mythos and several other such games make Lovecraft into an investigator).

The Lovecraft figure had a great story. So I ordered some figures from Miniaturicum, back in... May/April, I think, and he was one of the figures I'd ordered. He was missing from the order (I got something else that had almost the same product code, so it was just a simple mistake) so I asked Michael to send me a replacement, he says sure, sorry about the mix-up, no problem.

Time goes by, I don't get the replacement. I bug Michael again, he says sorry, and he'll send another. Still nothing and now it's September, okay, what's going on! Right before I'm about to message him again, Michael contacts me to tell he knows why I haven't been getting my replacement figure: Somehow my address got mixed up with the address on another order he sent out at the same time as my original order, so he was sending these little Lovecrafts elsewhere.

Where? Well, the reason Michael figured all this out was because his sister called him to ask "Why do you keep sending me this creepy little man over and over again?"  lol lol lol

As well, I've got a brace of fightin' men of various types.

L-R: A Copplestone figure suitable as a generic armed extra in many nations and places, A DUST Tactics mini useable as a commando, assassin, bomber, etc., A Tin Man rocketman, here painted as one of the 2-3 test pilots for the USAAC rocket infantry test squadron, a Copplestone soldier of fortune who might just turn up anywhere, and an Artizan armed sailor to provide a little heavier firepower for existing merchantmen.

The rocketman is the only one with any substantial concept (unless you count Rasputin). The idea is that, as with the Soviets, the Americans also have an experimental jetpack-infantry programme. The US Army Air Corps is still wholly subservient to the Army at this time, but was of course chafing to become a separate branch or at least be made more independent. While the US didn't have a full-scale paratrooper programme until after the Germans invaded Crete in WWII, they were testing the idea throughout the 30's. However, the paratrooper programme is very definition of the USAAC being subservient to the US Army since the air force is reduced to playing city bus for Army infantry.

In my version, the USAAC sets up a competing programme to see if they can train full on flying infantry who would be USAAC forces and not regular Army. Like the Soviets, the Americans find it extremely difficult to find anyone capable of piloting a jetpack at all, let alone safely, though the Americans have perhaps managed to find three to five pilots with the talent to fly a jetpack to the Soviets' one or two. Also like the Soviets, such pilots become propaganda heroes, shown in filmreels around the world.

I may eventually make the rocketman into a league leader, with some regular US infantry or Marines for backup, but for now he will just play the part of the incredibly cocky and obnoxious pomaded-pilot-type, arriving for a publicity stunt or to set some new jetpack flyer-record. 

Also, some more toy cars. The middle one was repainted and weathered, the others were just weathered.

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #320 on: January 24, 2016, 02:43:34 AM »
That is a DAZZLING array of BEAUTIFULLY painted characters & some EXQUISITE rides. All VERY WELL DONE!
The Gypsy Witch/Wench is my favorite...in a group of this quality that is saying something.
I'd NEVER join a club that would have me as a member.  G.Marx

Offline Blackwolf

• Potato Cup 3 winner
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #321 on: January 24, 2016, 05:42:06 AM »
Cracking work Fram,lovely work!
May the Wolf  Walk With You
http://greywolf1066.blogspot.com.au/

Painting Clubs Joined: APC,MPC, PPC,PAPC,LPC.

Offline blacksoilbill

• Mastermind
« Reply #322 on: January 24, 2016, 05:49:27 AM »
Wow, that's a nice update. Gypsy is definitely my favourite too: superb painting. Loved the story about the missing Lovecraft!

Offline pocoloco

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #323 on: January 24, 2016, 07:16:52 AM »
Once again, work of art those paint jobs  :-*

Offline Andym

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #324 on: January 24, 2016, 08:33:43 AM »
Brilliant Fram! Love it all! :-*

My 2 personal favs are the gypsy witch and dude with the wee Cluthu dragon thingie.

Offline Svennn

• Galactic Brain
  • Balding bloke with a 'V'
    • Svenns Little Men
« Reply #325 on: January 24, 2016, 08:55:50 AM »
They are all great and some, its a bit weird seeing the hobo with paint on after he sat in my leadpile for 30 years though
"A jewelled sceptre plucked by order to serve their cause"

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #326 on: January 24, 2016, 09:22:49 AM »
Beautiful additions to your collection.
I particularly like the sailor and Rasputin*.
 :-* :-*

The weathering work on those motors is pretty lush too.
 8) 8)

*Forgot about him and now I really want one.

Offline Za Zjurman

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #327 on: January 24, 2016, 09:29:30 AM »
 :o Fram I just stumbled over this thread and it was a wonderful hour that followed. Just brilliant. Thank you very much. So much inspiration and the most wonderful paint jobs.

Cheers,

Za

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
« Reply #328 on: January 24, 2016, 10:19:42 AM »
Many thanks, gents!

That is a DAZZLING array of BEAUTIFULLY painted characters & some EXQUISITE rides. All VERY WELL DONE!
The Gypsy Witch/Wench is my favorite...in a group of this quality that is saying something.

Nala, I must say you have the nicest, most cheerful things to say as always.  :D

The gypsy's my favourite too. So tiny and fiddly to paint, but the results were worth the squinting. Plus there's a perfect song for her too!

Cracking work Fram,lovely work!

Well thanks again for sending her my way!

Brilliant Fram! Love it all! :-*

My 2 personal favs are the gypsy witch and dude with the wee Cluthu dragon thingie.

I've been joking that mini-Cthulhu keeps trying to get Lovecraft in on moneymaking schemes, tapping into the aether of the universe then whispering to ole' Howard that "yas should wager tree hunnert simoleons on Errant Minion ter place inna third race at Freemont."

They are all great and some, its a bit weird seeing the hobo with paint on after he sat in my leadpile for 30 years though

Haha! Thanks again though! He was one of my favourites to paint - a magnificent sculpt, easy to paint with oodles of charm. He has his dignity, his dignity, sir!

:o Fram I just stumbled over this thread and it was a wonderful hour that followed. Just brilliant. Thank you very much. So much inspiration and the most wonderful paint jobs.

Cheers,

Za

It is getting rather long and rambly, isn't it?  ;D :P ;)

Offline Constable Bertrand

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Make and Paint Blog
« Reply #329 on: January 24, 2016, 11:18:00 AM »
Oh Fram,
What a story about the little lovecraft lol lol lol lol

Those cars are superb! What scale are they? 48-43?

I have to agree with Paul, I adore that Rasputin figure. 8) 8) but your painted gypsy is filled with wonderful little details. Nice paint pushing sir.

Cheers
Matt