Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:36:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: The Green Man Inn  (Read 7673 times)

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
Re: The Green Man Inn
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2008, 04:23:32 PM »
Well, actually, the wife forked out £85  ;)  (It was my main Christmas present!)

But you're right - it's a heck of a lot of money.

There again, what I would describe as the character and impact of the piece does rather make it stand out in comparison with the usual suspects from Conflix and PMC... Perfectly good pieces, and I have almost all of them - but this baby really is a class apart (once you can get the bl**dy thing to fit together, that is... )

Hammers - if you can still build stuff like this from scratch, you're in the wrong job!

PS. Sorry about your gonads.  ;)

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
Re: The Green Man Inn
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2008, 08:12:26 PM »
Well, actually, the wife forked out £85  ;)  (It was my main Christmas present!)

Double good for you. This means she is not wasting money on other useless, female things like handbags and food for the kids.

There again, what I would describe as the character and impact of the piece does rather make it stand out in comparison with the usual suspects from Conflix and PMC... Perfectly good pieces, and I have almost all of them - but this baby really is a class apart (once you can get the bl**dy thing to fit together, that is... )

You can certainly tell it is a class apart. They way the roof sags between the spar is really the sign of an artist with an eye for details.

Hammers - if you can still build stuff like this from scratch, you're in the wrong job!

Where ever did you get the idea that talent pays?

PS. Sorry about your gonads.  ;)

That's alright. I've got other glands.