Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:51:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690962
  • Total Topics: 118359
  • Online Today: 705
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: 15cm sFH Lorraines, 21st PD finished  (Read 106070 times)

Offline Freddy

• Mastermind
    • My blog
Re: WIP Dak Pz IV Ds and Es
« Reply #465 on: April 17, 2023, 07:46:21 PM »
They look nice, in smaller scales you need lighter colours anyways.

Offline wmyers

• Scientist
« Reply #466 on: April 17, 2023, 11:02:26 PM »
Question:  I don’t have a 3D printer yet and was wondering if these vehicles would be durable for a child to play with?

Obviously not as much as a Matchbox vehicle but for an 8 year old with Airfix and other brands of figures?

Offline Gunner Dunbar

• Mastermind
« Reply #467 on: April 18, 2023, 12:00:45 PM »
Question:  I don’t have a 3D printer yet and was wondering if these vehicles would be durable for a child to play with?

Obviously not as much as a Matchbox vehicle but for an 8 year old with Airfix and other brands of figures?
Yes, the vehicles are pretty durable, it’s possible to break things of if dropping one hard floors, there’s different types of resins you can use, with different strengths, flexibility etc but fragility only really concerns me with small figures, weapons etc, not really vehicles.

Offline Gunner Dunbar

• Mastermind
« Reply #468 on: April 20, 2023, 09:11:59 AM »
Hi guys

I’m about done with the build part of these Pz IVDs and Es, next step will be undercoating black, on another note, I’m trying to learn CAD, so as to be able to make these kinds of changes on the computer before printing, have been designing a Hungarian Sdkfz 11, will do a post regarding that soon.
More pics here
https://gunnerswargamming.blogspot.com/2023/04/wip-pz-ivds-and-es.html

Offline Gunner Dunbar

• Mastermind
Re: Part 2 WIP Dak Pz IV Ds and Es
« Reply #469 on: April 21, 2023, 09:36:15 AM »
Hi guys

I wanted to 3D print a set of Sdkfz 11s as gun tractors for my Hungarians, whilst the Hungarians used a number of regular Sdkfz 11s, their gun tractor version was a unique version of the 11 with a cargo area behind the drivers cab, so I took the opportunity to teach myself CAD and design one, the first picture below shows the Hungarian version, the 2nd pic (blue vehicle) is the file I will be converting, designed by big_eye on thingyverse, the following pics are what I have done so far, the last 3 pics are a comparison of the tracks I’m working on, mine are green, the tracks in the original file are blue, I’ve added track pads and teeth and reshaped the track a little, the end product will have a metal drivers cab roof that’s printed separately so as to be able to insert a driver, and I will have a seperate rear trap cover so it can be modelled on or off. At the same time as designing the Hungarian version, I’ll also be adding or changing detail to be more scale appropriate. To get to where I am I had to hollow the original design as it was solid, and add an interior, not sure how it will print, but excited to find out.
More pics here
https://gunnerswargamming.blogspot.com/2023/04/wip-cad-hungarian-sdkfz-11.html

Offline Freddy

• Mastermind
    • My blog
Re: WIP Hungarian Sdkfz 11 CAD design
« Reply #470 on: April 21, 2023, 07:51:36 PM »
Looks promising :)

Offline Gunner Dunbar

• Mastermind
Re: WIP Hungarian Sdkfz 11 CAD design
« Reply #471 on: April 22, 2023, 06:57:40 AM »
Hi guys

Started work on these 3 Sdkfz 11s, lots more to do on them, originally meant for Hungarian artillery tractors, however I’m designing a Hungarian version in CAD, so these will become artillery tractors for a German unit, also a Daimler Benz G5 heading for a German unit, I also did some work on the front wheels for my Hungarian Sdkfz 11, in the picture the grey wheel on the right is the original, the wheel on the left with yellow and orange areas is my changed wheel.
More pics here
https://gunnerswargamming.blogspot.com/2023/04/wip-sdkfz-11s.html

Offline Gunner Dunbar

• Mastermind
Re: WIP Sdkfz 11s
« Reply #472 on: April 24, 2023, 06:15:10 AM »

Hi guys

This Hungarian Sdkfz 11 CAD sculpt is not finished, but I got antsy and want to see if it was going to print, so I did a test print, there was an issue with the bench seat in the drivers cab, I think it was weakened when I hollowed the vehicle, I will fix that issue, when I looked at the print I thought the detail, rivets and the like, may have been to small, but after undercoating in grey they are a little more visible, I may go back and enlarge them slightly, what do you think? I have taken pics with another Sdkfz 11 I printed earlier which shows the original file before I did anything to it. I’m pretty chuffed at how it turned out, a few more details to change/add and I will do another print. There is also a rear canvas cover, and a drivers cab roof that will come separately with the vehicle, some people like solid cabs, so I may also do a solid option.
Any suggestions on further improvements
More pics here
https://gunnerswargamming.blogspot.com/2023/04/hungarian-sdkfz-11-test-print.html

Offline Freddy

• Mastermind
    • My blog
Re: Test print of the Hungarian Sdkfz 11
« Reply #473 on: April 24, 2023, 05:19:53 PM »
Coming together nicely!

Offline Gunner Dunbar

• Mastermind
Re: Test print of the Hungarian Sdkfz 11
« Reply #474 on: April 27, 2023, 10:03:34 AM »
 Hi guys

Almost finished with this vehicle, have added a few details, handles on the ammo bin doors, grab handles at the rear entrance, track link detail, added a slight bulge in the tyre wall, added stowed canvas frame at the rear of the ammo bin, and finished and printed the drivers cab roof and canvas cover for the rear, I have just sat these lose on the vehicle for the pics, I’m pretty happy with the STL, any faults are due to poor support placement or happened post production, to attach the rear canvas property in its current form I’d need to trim some detail, I could create a file with the canvas cover attached to the vehicle as one pieces, I could also create a solid drivers cab option, thoughts?

I’ve also started on my next vehicle a Hungarian 35m KV40 artillery tractor, it’s coming along nicely, having som issues with a very complicated rear tyre though. I may have reached the limits of my current skills.
https://gunnerswargamming.blogspot.com/2023/04/final-test-print-maybe-of-hungarian.html

Offline Freddy

• Mastermind
    • My blog
Re: Final Test print (maybe) of the Hungarian Sdkfz 11
« Reply #475 on: April 27, 2023, 09:19:27 PM »
Looks great!
Nice to see the Hoffherr HSCS too!

Offline Shahbahraz

• Mastermind
    • A Lead Odyssey
« Reply #476 on: April 27, 2023, 10:34:56 PM »
That's excellent work. Nicely done.
Wargaming since the dark ages...

---https://aleadodyssey.blogspot.com/---

Offline Gunner Dunbar

• Mastermind
« Reply #477 on: April 29, 2023, 09:23:37 AM »
Hi guys

Base coated these Pz IVDs and Es for a friend, doing them as Dak vehicles, I also printed one of Tigeraces  Pz IVs, somehow I missed his PzIV D and E pack when collecting the STLs, otherwise I would have gone with his, the detail is much better, especially around the running gear, need another 2 Es for my friends Barbarossa project, will be working on these over the next week.
https://gunnerswargamming.blogspot.com/2023/04/wip-dak-pz-iv-ds-es.html

Offline Gunner Dunbar

• Mastermind
« Reply #478 on: May 04, 2023, 11:21:36 PM »
Hi guys

A test print of the Hungarian HSCS KV-40 artillery tractor at 1/72 scale, whilst it actually looks pretty good, I’m proceeding with caution, as the canvas cover frame looks pretty fragile, and I’m anticipating them not surviving the clean up process, however there’s proof of life at least. I’ve got a pretty busy day ahead, so won’t be able to clean them up until tomorrow, once done I will do another post. I’m in the process of creating a shop on wargaming3D where I will eventually release these STLs. In the digital pic below, the figure is 25mm tall for size comparison. As I am a former Australian soldier I have used a Simons Soldiers Aussie soldier as a physical size comparison. In the digital pic below the tractor on the right looks smaller than the one on the left, this is an optical illusion, they are the same size.
More pics here
https://gunnerswargamming.blogspot.com/2023/05/kv-40-artillery-tractor-test-print.html

Offline Freddy

• Mastermind
    • My blog
Re: HSCS KV-40 artillery tractor test print
« Reply #479 on: May 05, 2023, 12:43:08 PM »
So cool!
There are not many pictures with the canvas or the cover frame on, so do not worry about that imho (this might just mean that no one whipped out a camera during rainy weather ofc)