Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 08:51:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Lead Painters League Season 9 - the race is run!  (Read 23174 times)

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
  • Elaborate! Elucidate! Evaluate!
Lead Painters League Season 9 - the race is run!
« on: June 21, 2015, 05:16:15 PM »
Dear readers,

another year, another LPL, and now that all's been said and done, it has been a blast.

This year, I was given the honour of announcing the winners, since our esteemed Captain Blood who did such a fine job of running this whole shebang is currently sailing south to harrow some Spanish shoreline, I've been told. ;)

Nonetheless, it has been a rather productive league this year, with lots of new and interesting entries, and a huge number of quality pieces ranging from amazing to "more jaw-dropping-related injuries caused than the young Caroline Munro".

Obviously, our thanks go out to all the members who joined up and submitted themselves to this challenging task, but obviously, you will all want to know who came in on top.

At the head of the pack, in first place - the admirable Admiral Benbow! Not only did he provide us with ten different entries, each was more beautifully staged and photographed than the previous one, which won him a well-deserved perfect run of ten victories.

Hard on his heels, in second place - the cunning Captain Blood! As usual, he provided a beautiful selection of interesting, unusual, and all-new teams, painted to his well-known high standard.

And in third place, the dazzling Dr. Mathias. Again, a varied selection of all-new teams which combined great painting, fine terrain-making skills and interesting themes which set him up for the Bronze rank.

So, what remains? Again, we wish to thank all the participants as well as the voters who engaged to make this a memorable LPL season.

Furthermore, I am happy to announce that we will be holding another LPL next year - what's more, it will be the tenth season, and for this happy anniversary we are looking forward to a great challenge for all involved.

« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 06:35:28 PM by Westfalia Chris »

Offline Dentatus

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Stalker7.com
Re: Lead Painters League Season 9 - the race is run!
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2015, 06:49:17 PM »
Conga Rats to the winners and hats off to all participants. An excellent showing all around. Thank you for the inspiration.

Offline mikedemana

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Investigating curiosities around the globe...
    • Worldwidemike
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2015, 06:56:56 PM »
Congratulations, Admiral, and all the rest! Thanks to everyone who helped run it again, this year. And most of all, thanks to all the entrants, for churning out gorgeous eye candy for the rest of us to vote on, week in, and week out!

Mike Demana
www.firstcommandwargames.com

Offline Prof.Witchheimer

• Elder God
    • Back of Beyond
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2015, 07:01:38 PM »
Congrats, Michael, Richard and Matt, wel done, guys! Thanks to all participants, an amazing show, I rather enjoyed it.

Offline Tiki Gamer

• Student
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2015, 07:15:12 PM »
Congratulations to everyone who took part this year, but special congratulations to the winners.

Well done!

Offline Drachenklinge

• Mastermind
  • °_O ... gnihihi ...
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2015, 07:20:51 PM »
I'll join the conga rats! (like the phrase ^^)
Respect to the tops: Mathias, Blood and the "topest" > Admiral!
As said before, I like to be part of it again. Walking beneath giants, somewhat.  :-*

Btw ... the winner is an Admiral, second a Captain, third a Doctor (I suppose a field-surgeon). I'd rather think someone does a little too much of military-gaming, huh?  ;D  :D

best wishes to all, especially to the Captain, as well, for organizing - and the Prof for calculating (it HAD to be a prof?)
DK
best wishes
Drachenklinge
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's no problem talking to Your miniatures! Beware, when they begin replying.

Offline Dr DeAth

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Little Lead Men
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2015, 07:47:01 PM »
Well done all, some great painting and photography this season.
Photos of my recent efforts are at www.littleleadmen.com and https://beaverlickfalls.blogspot.com

Offline Mr Tough Guy

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2015, 07:47:52 PM »
Congratulations to the Winners, and thanks to all involved, had a blast participating in my first LPL, didn't do as good as I had hoped, had some stiff competition in a few rounds, but I think I managed to paint more minis in the last few weeks than I did all of last year, so it still feels like a win to me  :D

looking forward to joining again next year, although I need to prepare better next time and learn how to take better pics, and I think I need a promotion if I want to be a contender  :D

Online Steve F

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Pedantic bugger, apparently.
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2015, 07:49:09 PM »
Congratulations to all participants: this is always a fun contest, as well as one that shows off some great painting.
Back from the dead, almost.

Offline CollarSarge

• Assistant
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2015, 08:09:53 PM »
Congrats to all partipiciants! Especially to the troika on the winner’s podium.
Overall, LPL really is a Champion’s league. First class paint jobs and settings in every round. Every entry was inspiring. Just watching them made my (sun-)day for 10 weeks now.
Many thanks to all artists and the LPL-team!

BTW:  my personal painting ranking is ‘grunt aspirant’ rather than sarge. So no danger for the top brass & academic masterminds. At least until LPL 25…

Offline Asslessman

• Scientist
    • LEADPLAGUE
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2015, 08:19:46 PM »
Standing claps for the winners and those taking the time/energy to organise/participate in such a treat for our eyes !

Offline philp

• Assistant
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2015, 08:27:49 PM »
Just want to add my congrats to not only the winners but all that participated. 

I am just working on my painting skills and to see so many new sets of figures each week was truly wonderful.  Great inspiration.

Also learned a few things.  I see that not only were the winners great painters but also great photographers.  In focus, close enough to see the details and interesting backgrounds that did not distract from the figures being judged.

I also don't game, mainly build for dioramas with my models or individual displays.  But I did get so many ideas from here maybe next year I might take a stab at this.

Offline Bugsda

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2015, 08:30:02 PM »
Well done Admiral, Captain and Doctor..........and Darth (is Darth an occupational rank?)

Top splodgers and ace shutterbugs  :)
Well I've lead an evil life, so they say, but I'll outrun the Devil on judgement day.

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2015, 09:31:53 PM »
Nice one fellas  :D

A well deserved win Michael  8)

A big thanks to the organisers, a tireless job but a worthwhile one  :)

cheers

James
cheers

James

https://www.oshiromodels.co.uk/

Twitter account -     @OSHIROmodels
Instagram account - oshiromodels

http://redplanetminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
http://jimbibblyblog.blogspot.com/

Offline Lt. Hazel

• Mastermind
    • The Leutnant´s Diary
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2015, 09:34:16 PM »
Congrats Richard and Matt! Michael: endlich mal n Schalker woll?  :D