Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:27:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: The Lead Painters League - Season 2  (Read 41862 times)

Offline Prof.Witchheimer

• Elder God
    • Back of Beyond
The Lead Painters League - Season 2
« on: March 18, 2008, 09:06:55 AM »
OK, here some news on the LPL Season two. Sorry for delaying with this, I have been very busy last months. Now I've started some things and hope they do some work for me and I got some more time to make some more wargaming. Though it's quite possible that I will be away on business again for 1-2 weeks and will have to make a break on LPL for this time. But for now we won't hope that.

Before you ask me about the gallery for the Season 1 entries, yes, all the great pics aren't lost, I will upload it next week.

The rules are the same. Make a team with at least five figs and send it to me. That was the short version, take a look for the long one -
http://forum.backofbeyond.de/viewtopic.php?t=2399

The only new addition to the rules is:

Bonus Points will only be available for newly-painted teams, which means, previously unpublished ones. Old teams are okay, but no bonus points for those. Please tell me, when you're going to send me your team pic if that is an unpublished one or not. I'm not going to google to prove your statement, I will just believe it.

Bonus rounds
We will have some bonus rounds again, three of them to be exactly. I think it was a great fun to see all the Great Cthulhus. But no worries, no more evil Cthulhus this time, there are enough other evil things out there.

The bonus rounds will be the Round 1, Round 5 and Round 10. The bonus themes will be:

for the Round 1. - Conquistadors - Paint some spanish invaders and get 10 points. Paint some Aztecs, Mayas, Inkas or Amazon savages like Tupi or Botokudo and get 15 points. Paint both (invasors and natives and make a battle scene with at least five figures on every side and get 20 Points.

for the Round 5. - Mad Science - Paint a Mad Doctor and his laboratory staff and get 10 points. Paint a Mad Doctor with some robots or other crazy mechanical things and get 15 points. Paint a Mad Doctor followed of some mutants or other nasty creatures awakened to life by his dark genius and get 20 points.

for the Round 10. - to be announced...

Registration and Deadlines

The first round of the first season will start on Monday, April 7th, 2007. All participants must have entered a pic prior to that date; all pictures received after April. 7th will enter play in the second round.

Entry Deadlines and Round Durations for the 2008 spring season will be:

Round 1 (League Start) April 7th – April 13th (Bonus)
Round 2 April 14th – April 20th
Round 3 April 21st – April 27th
Round 4 April 28th – May 4th
Round 5 May 5th – May 11th * (Bonus)
Round 6 May 12th – May 18th
Round 7 May 19th – May 25th
Round 8 May 26th – June 1st
Round 9 June 2nd – June 8th
Round 10 (Season 2 Finals) June 9th – June 15th (Bonus)

*= Final registration for Season 2/08

New participants may enter until the end of Round 5, the deadline being Sunday, May 11st. Any entries from new challengers received after that date will be held for the start of the next season.

Good luck!

Offline JollyBob

• Galactic Brain
  • I've only had a few ales...
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2008, 09:23:29 AM »
Excellent news!

I won't be entering, as there is no way on Earth I can paint fast enough, but I look forward to seeing all the entries and ripping them off for my own work.

Good luck to everyone.  :)

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2008, 09:24:32 AM »
Oooh, the suspense! I may participate in an occasional round, if I have time.

Offline Orctrader

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Orctrader's Painted Figures
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2008, 10:33:27 AM »
Great news.  I entered the first one quite late.  I'll be ready for this one.

I'm probably being over optimistic here on my output, but what happens if you have more than one "group."  Does your first one drop out when you enter the second, or do they all just stay in?

Offline Prof.Witchheimer

• Elder God
    • Back of Beyond
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2008, 10:42:11 AM »
Quote from: "Orctrader"
Great news.  I entered the first one quite late.  I'll be ready for this one.

I'm probably being over optimistic here on my output, but what happens if you have more than one "group."  Does your first one drop out when you enter the second, or do they all just stay in?

You can enter just one team each round. New or old, no matter. For new unpublished one you'll receive 10 points, for the old or already published one none. But if you think your new team wasn't really successful feel free to put old one again in the next round. Or other new. Nothing would drop out.

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2008, 11:18:16 AM »
Good luck everybody. This always makes monday mornings worth getting up for :)
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline PeteMurray

• Parapsychologist
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Cardinal Murray
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2008, 12:17:49 PM »
Rally to me, Forlorn Hope Painters! Our hour has come! We shall gamely provide the real painters with token resistance on their march to coronation. But when they throw our shattered remains into a nameless grave, they shall write on the tombstone:

Stranger,
Go Tell the Athenians
We Too Painted

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2008, 12:23:16 PM »
Well, where we are lacking in fascines and macadam, SOMEONE has to fill the trenches, potholes and craters before the mighty as they sally forth.

Offline Vanvlak

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2008, 12:33:28 PM »
Oh great, this had to start in the same week as my PhD viva voce exam... brilliant timing.  :(

BUT! I'm going to try hard for that last place. Of course the first theme already has me stumped and without the requisite models... gah! Ah well, this should be fun anyway  :mrgreen:

Offline Prof.Witchheimer

• Elder God
    • Back of Beyond
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2008, 01:04:13 PM »
Quote from: "Vanvlak"
Of course the first theme already has me stumped and without the requisite models... gah

you don't need to put the Conquistadors for the first round, you may join with anything you want, it's only the bonus not a compulsory theme, actually just a chance to gather some more points

Offline Orctrader

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Orctrader's Painted Figures
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2008, 01:28:22 PM »
One last question - well, from me  :) Any rules on scale?  Can we go larger than 28mm and smaller?

Offline Prof.Witchheimer

• Elder God
    • Back of Beyond
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2008, 01:31:26 PM »
Quote from: "Orctrader"
One last question - well, from me  :) Any rules on scale?  Can we go larger than 28mm and smaller?

maybe it's a good idea to read the long version of the rules :-)
http://forum.backofbeyond.de/viewtopic.php?t=2399

Scale

There are NO scale restrictions. From 2mm to 120mm, and beyond, anything goes; of course, the scale should be consistent within the team, although you might enter different teams in different scales, and there might be some leeway for scales within teams, for example including a larger-scale figure as a "giant" in a group of otherwise smaller-scale figures - just make sure all figures follow a consistent theme.

Offline Uncle Mike

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Strange Aeons
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2008, 01:51:34 PM »
I'm excited to begin...but, I have a small question before I send in any pix. I have some Tupis to enter for round one to get bonus points, but I've alredy shown them on this forum...I'm guessing that ammounts to being published and so I should enter another set of figures instead? Please advise...

Offline Prof.Witchheimer

• Elder God
    • Back of Beyond
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2008, 02:02:36 PM »
Quote from: "Uncle Mike"
I'm excited to begin...but, I have a small question before I send in any pix. I have some Tupis to enter for round one to get bonus points, but I've alredy shown them on this forum...I'm guessing that ammounts to being published and so I should enter another set of figures instead? Please advise...

no matter where published, how said they have to be unpublished ones, you will need another set to get bonus points

Offline Uncle Mike

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Strange Aeons
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2008, 02:20:18 PM »
Blast! Time to get painting...