Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 12:55:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689751
  • Total Topics: 118293
  • Online Today: 786
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: The Lead Painters' League - Season Three  (Read 101501 times)

Offline Heldrak

• The Dark Elf
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • LPL IV Bronze Medalist
Re: The Lead Painters' League - Season Three
« Reply #420 on: June 28, 2009, 05:31:23 AM »
Done!

Hallelujah!
2012 Lead Tally: Painted:0

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
« Reply #421 on: June 28, 2009, 08:18:20 AM »
the 8 year old little *%$#@^&. It will take a while, but I'll forgive him.

Just spell it out man. You'll feel better afterwards. ;)

Offline D@rth J@ymZ

• Runner-Up of the LPL
  • Mastermind
  • CotBG #5
« Reply #422 on: June 28, 2009, 09:33:30 AM »
Round 10 is in. 
5 Explorers, 5 Natives, 7 Beasties (ok, 5 are small, 1 is medium and one is large) ::)
The hardest part was squeezing it all into one picture with the 800x800 restriction  o_o
Methinks I will be posting some additional close-ups after the Round/Season is over...

I'm surprised I was able to keep up the pace and post in each of the 10 rounds, but it's been a weekly highlight to see all the great entries posted.
Both inspirational and motivating to see the talent level out there.

So regardless of outcome, I'd like to thank ALL for making my first season in the LPL most enjoyable and rewarding :)
Now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb...
- Dark Helmet

Offline Ray Rivers

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #423 on: June 28, 2009, 11:39:35 AM »
Well...

Only got the natives and 1 explorer done for round 10...  :(

However, 67 mini's painted for the League.   :)

Mission Accomplished!

Offline Sinewgrab

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • All to all, by my mustard!
« Reply #424 on: June 28, 2009, 04:18:52 PM »
Hear that! It were lots of painting, and no small amount of frustration taking pictures, but we have made it through another LPL! Yay, everyone!
"There is no known cure for the wargaming virus, only treatments with ever increasing doses of metal."

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
    • http://misterplynkes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #425 on: June 28, 2009, 05:16:43 PM »
Yep, 83 (I think) figures that I otherwise would never have painted in so short a time (or maybe even at all), plus I had a million miles of fun. Well worth it. Thanks everyone for a great time, and especially thanks to Blood for suffering through on our behalf all the headaches it has no doubt given him.

Now I'm bloody knackered, though, and never want to look at another flamin' figure again.  :)

Not really: Starting tomorrow, I think I'm gonna try and keep the LPL ethos going for another few weeks and "pretend" that I'm still in it, so I can take advantage of my current high degree of enthusiasm and productivity and get even more done. Can't last though, I'm bound to slip back into my normal state of sloth sooner or later.
With Cat-Like Tread
Upon our prey we steal...

Offline Heldrak

• The Dark Elf
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • LPL IV Bronze Medalist
« Reply #426 on: June 28, 2009, 07:19:10 PM »
Yep, 83 (I think) figures that I otherwise would never have painted in so short a time (or maybe even at all), plus I had a million miles of fun. Well worth it. Thanks everyone for a great time, and especially thanks to Blood for suffering through on our behalf all the headaches it has no doubt given him.

Now I'm bloody knackered, though, and never want to look at another flamin' figure again.  :)

Not really: Starting tomorrow, I think I'm gonna try and keep the LPL ethos going for another few weeks and "pretend" that I'm still in it, so I can take advantage of my current high degree of enthusiasm and productivity and get even more done. Can't last though, I'm bound to slip back into my normal state of sloth sooner or later.

That was my intention as well, to essentially keep producing entries (even without a contest) at the rather more leisurely pace of one team every 2 weeks. In the aftermath of the effort required to prodce an entry for round 10 however, I think I'm going to give myself some time off...!

I can't match the productivity of a lot of you- I think I managed 47 figures for the whole of the contest (I had to miss week 2 and week 8 and let the previous week's entry carry the day) but given my molasses-in-January painting speed it still feels like an achievement.

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
« Reply #427 on: June 28, 2009, 07:24:00 PM »
Well, it has not been a good spring for me, so I have only managed to present about 25 miniatures this season. I guess I will burst out in bout of one-day-I'll-show-you-all some time this fall.

Offline Vonkluge

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
  • Dogs of War and Bengal Club member / Kaiser Bill!
    • Historical Hobbies
« Reply #428 on: June 28, 2009, 07:33:47 PM »
I was sooooo! "Under the wire!" :o that I painted but did not get my explorers into the picture as I could not figure how to "theme" them in it.  :'( Ohh, well! I barely made it anyway my Dino was still wet!, no coating, from the paint table to the "set", click off some “bad” pictures, crop, resize, hit send!!!!!, PRAY! …lol..  Temperature is over 100 degrees F here now and painting becomes more difficult as it dries so quickly.... I agree with Plynkes, I will keep at it for a couple of weeks more! I have been painting the "Old Glory" set of Foreign Legations (25-28mm buildings) quite a large project, terrain for 15mm samurai battles, terrain for 20mm Vietnam, and rebaseing two armies while the LPL was going on. Add to that a Wife, 2 kids, dog, bird, snake, job, a 25 foot by 25 foot garden to water, weed, fertilize, and the fact that I have to stop to eat a least twice a day has kept me a busy boy!  ;D I am quite happy with all the stuff finished and the large dent in the lead pile plus the fact I was really too bust to buy but a few “new” minis during the LPL!  lol

Offline Braxandur

• Mastermind
« Reply #429 on: June 28, 2009, 07:44:36 PM »
103 miniatures in total... I doubt I could have kept that pace much longer. I still have to finish a tyranid army, two  WAB armies (roman and barbarian/celt) and a bucketload of zombies to reach the goals I did set for myself this year. I was doubting at a certain time, but the LPL made me believe again its still possible.

But most important, thanks to all of you for the great pictures every round!
Why aim for gold if you can get lead?

Offline Calimero

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #430 on: June 28, 2009, 07:59:38 PM »
92 Minis in the LPL… 10 were 20mm all others 28… 12 of them were mounted figures (still only count for 1 figure  ;D )… plus some others in between that go directly to the Bazaar… not too bad.

I’ve been beaten in a lot of rounds as the standard of the painting was very, very good. I’m just glad I had participated.  8)

So when do we start season 4?  ;) lol

Cheers all!
A CANADIAN local hobby store with a small selection of historical wargames miniatures (mainly from Warlords). They also have a great selection of paint and hobby accessories from Vallejo, Army painter, AK Interactive, Green Stuff World and more.; https://www.kingdomtitans.ca/us/

Offline gamer Mac

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #431 on: June 28, 2009, 08:41:02 PM »
So when do we start season 4?  ;) lol

Now lol

For the LPL I managed 60 figures, 1 boat, 1 car, 5 balloons and a Metal suit. I have really enjoyed it but it has been hard going and I am worn out. I don't think I will be painting anything soon. May build some scenery instead. :D

Offline Froggy the Great

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • ...let slip the frogs of war.
    • My deviantArt gallery of painted figures
« Reply #432 on: June 28, 2009, 09:44:08 PM »
While I didn't have an entry for every round, I did paint 131 figures during the LPL period.  They just weren't in batches of 5 nor thematically related.  It's that last part that was the hardest for me.
You, sir, are not allowed to attempt a takeover of the solar system until your octopus sobers up.

Offline Moriarty

• Scientist
« Reply #433 on: June 29, 2009, 08:05:47 AM »
131 figures is impressive - though Vanvlak takes the crown for figures painted, by sneaking in those 2mm cavalry!

Offline rapscallion

• Assistant
« Reply #434 on: June 29, 2009, 10:35:19 AM »
Wow, so impressed with the turn out this year- the painting got better and better and the amount of time people spent on the last round is fully evident. Can't wait for the next season! Rapscallion.