Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:22:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686459
  • Total Topics: 118100
  • Online Today: 811
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Daeothar's go at Frostgrave minis  (Read 3342 times)

Online Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
Daeothar's go at Frostgrave minis
« on: August 15, 2015, 11:50:42 AM »
Well, about time I got something going for Frostgrave that does not involve spending hours on end faffing around with Photoshop... ::)

Here are the first of my encounter minis, all in glorious unpainted state, obviously.

I'm still enjoying myself sourcing all the required minis that I do not already own. But also rummaging through Lead Mountain and Lake Plastic for just that perfect mini.

So, first up are some Ice Spiders. A simple quartet of Reaper Bones Giant Spiders. I simply reposed 2 of them: one by heating and cooling, the other by curting and repositioning. That particular one requires some light putty work to hide the cuts though:

Then we have some Snow Leopards. I need 2 of them but they come 3 to a sprue so why not do them all, right? I might still go with just two though as the middle one looks suspiciously like Snarf for some reason.

They're Malifaux Hoar Cats. A name both appropriate and also somewhat questionable...  lol

A vampire. Nothing to be said about this one other than that I am really fond of the sculpt and that I bought this mini many years ago at a gamestore from a tray of discarded minis on the counter. I paid €0.50 for him (including this shoddy paintjob).

A real steal I think, especially since the base reads Grenadier 1983. I don't know if it really is that old or not, but the sculpt certainly has stood up against the time as it's still an awesome mini.

I could not bring myself to cut off its base though, so instead I cut out a corresponding shape from a circular base. Fits like a glove:

My idea of trolls is quite different to these minis I bought in the Nickstarter. So instead, I'm using them as Werewolves, especially since Frostgrave werewolves are not true lycantropes:

And then finally there's 6 zombies, made up out of Frostgrave Soldiers, Mantic ghouls and zombies, Gripping Beast Viking Hirdmen and Dark Age Warriors, Wargames Factory Saxon Fyrd, Perry European Mercenaries and GW Bretonnians, High Elves, Dark Elves, VC Skeletons and Empire.

Man, I have so much plastic lying around!

Oh, and in case you're wondering; I'm going for enough creepies to be able to field the same encounter twice. I figured statistics are convincingly enough against having to prepare for 3x the same encounter to avoid having to source even more...

As for the 6 zombies; there's obviously the chance of two wizards both having the raise zombie spell, duh...  ;D
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 12:18:15 PM by Daeothar »
Miniatures you say? Well I too, like to live dangerously...
Find a Way, or make one!

Offline tyrionhalfman

• Mad Scientist
Re: Daeothar's go at Frostgrave minis
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2015, 12:09:01 PM »
Nice collection of creatures.I hope to also have a go at kit bashing some undead to add numbers and variety to my old hero quest plastics. As I've never collected undead minis I lack the necessary bits to do so until I get my hands on the upcoming cultist plastics which are said to include undead heads and arms and I have a host of unmade historical plastics to zombify

Offline Curadh

• Bookworm
  • Infinity is the Limit
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2015, 01:09:12 PM »
That kit bashing is great. I never thought of adding skeletal to 'real' bodies to give that zombie look and feel.

Offline Helznicht

• Bookworm
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2015, 01:14:37 PM »
So, uhm, how much to you want for that zombie dragging his crossbow.  Its too cool.

Offline Drachenklinge

• Mastermind
  • °_O ... gnihihi ...
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2015, 02:54:06 PM »
So, uhm, how much to you want for that zombie dragging his crossbow.  Its too cool.
My thought exactly, +1 & likethis-button!
One could hear the crossbow's wood scraping over the icecrusted city-streets ... creepy  :o
best wishes
Drachenklinge
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's no problem talking to Your miniatures! Beware, when they begin replying.