Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:07:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Frostgrave Victoriana!Black Powder Rules?  (Read 41693 times)

Offline kidterminal

• Mastermind
  • A rising star in the hierarchy of Hell.
    • Fends in Waistcoats
Re: Frostgrave Victoriana! Lich Lord Cultists added!
« Reply #60 on: September 23, 2015, 11:52:32 PM »
Love this group!

Offline Governor General

• Scientist
« Reply #61 on: September 24, 2015, 05:02:25 PM »
Troll(?)! This fig is by GW. I believe its a hobgoblin. This mini is deceptively simple, there is all kinds of detail and texture that I have done no justice to. I actually tried painting in the eyes, been years since I attempted that. 

Offline Governor General

• Scientist
« Reply #62 on: September 24, 2015, 05:11:17 PM »
Troll size. In the age of 25mm this Troll fig towered like a colossus. The other figs are 28mm from WestWind's  Vampire Wars. The troll is only taller because of the slotta base (although very broad and fearsome in dentantia.) Is this big enough for a Frostgrave troll? Kid Terminal thanks for your support, I really enjoy Fiends in Waistcoats!

Offline kidterminal

• Mastermind
    • Fends in Waistcoats
Re: Frostgrave Victoriana! Troll added!
« Reply #63 on: September 25, 2015, 01:44:05 AM »
These days with most skirmish games large creatures are based on 40mm round bases and are about 35-40mm tall, but then most new figure lines can tower over the great West Wind Vampire wars line. I like these old GW monster figures they have a lot of personality, and he is certainly wide enough to be menacing so this is a long winded yes.
Thanks for looking at my blog.

Offline Governor General

• Scientist
Re: Frostgrave Victoriana! Troll added!
« Reply #64 on: September 25, 2015, 04:15:19 PM »
Barbarian & War Hound! The barbarian is a repainted plastic fig from the late Heroscape game. Most human minis in that game ran 32mm this one is a robust 28mm. The war hound is from Ral Partha probably from their Ravenloft line. The troll in the last post is will be down graded to something from the breeding pits possibly an Oranguman! I've got a larger mini I'll paint up as a troll.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 04:17:39 PM by Governor General »

Offline kidterminal

• Mastermind
    • Fends in Waistcoats
Re: Frostgrave Victoriana! Barbarian & War Hound added!
« Reply #65 on: September 26, 2015, 11:13:41 AM »
He works just fine as a barbarian. I've always loved the old Ral Partha dogs.

Offline Governor General

• Scientist
Re: Frostgrave Victoriana! Barbarian & War Hound added!
« Reply #66 on: September 26, 2015, 09:31:50 PM »
Bard and Apothecary! The new class of characters are very exciting, finally had an excuse to finish painting up my bard fig. Its from Prince August Gaming, I think a post-apoc line. His coat was a lot of fun to paint  I was tempted to paint it ala Clockwork Orange. The Apothacary is a Napoleonic Cantiniere I can't remember the maker.  
« Last Edit: September 26, 2015, 10:39:04 PM by Governor General »

Offline Governor General

• Scientist
Re: Frostgrave Victoriana! Bard and Apothacary added!
« Reply #67 on: September 27, 2015, 07:47:12 PM »
The Amazing Siegfried N. Roy, Illusionist! Siegfried has performed at many venues but there's no audience like a Felsted audience. This fig is by Ral Partha. It's either from Shadowrun or a vampire RPG line. Everything about this mini screamed Las Vegas, from the toothy smirk to the cape. I tried to give it that cheezy tux look.  In the words of Siegfried, " I don't do tricks, I perform Illusions!" The 3rd pic shows Siegfried regretting calling for a volunteer from the crowd.   

Offline Governor General

• Scientist
Re: Frostgrave Victoriana! Illusionist added!
« Reply #68 on: September 30, 2015, 02:11:59 PM »
Flesh Construct and Thief! The Flesh Construct is from Ral Partha part of their late great Ravenloft line. The photo washes out some of the skin tones, I was trying to give it a lot of different people's bits look. The Thief is a 25mm RAFM from their ACW line. The 2nd pic poses a question, since flesh constructs are made from dead bodies can Necromancers control them or are they Enchanter specific? 

Offline Governor General

• Scientist
Re: Frostgrave Victoriana! Flesh Construct & Thief added!
« Reply #69 on: October 01, 2015, 01:54:51 PM »
New Barbarian! This fig looks like the description in the game. It's another repainted plastic fig from Heroscape, I lucked into finding a complete set with a lot of additional characters at a thrift store. The second pic is a size comparison. 1st fig is a 28mm from West Wind so the other minis are 30 and 29mm.

Offline Governor General

• Scientist
Re: Frostgrave Victoriana! New Barbarian added!
« Reply #70 on: October 05, 2015, 04:03:38 PM »
Man at Arms, Warhound and Knight! The Man at Arms is a Foundry ACW figure. I like his haversack and pouches, the very thing for stuffing treasure in. The Warhound is from West Wind's Vampire Wars line. I painted him to look like the Northstar Warhound, an oversized rottweiler. The Knight is also a Foundry fig, a Grenadier from their Napoleonic lines. I got this mini as a gift years ago. A combo of not playing Napoleon and being intimidated by the figs intricacy kept me from painting it. I've acquired a lot of respect for those who paint such minis and blown away that they have to paint lots of them with historical accuracy.

Offline Governor General

• Scientist
Re: Frostgrave Victoriana! Man at Arms, Warhound and Knight added!
« Reply #71 on: October 07, 2015, 02:24:48 PM »
Tracker! I know Trackers are supposed to have a staff and bow, but it was easier to convert the Uzi to a crossbow. The fig is by Ral Partha from their Shadowrun line. The mini has a date on bottom of the base, 1992, which explains the hella mullet hair. I think it's an elf street mage. I purchased a lot of this line back in the day for VSF conversion. I'm getting close to 50 minis painted since mid August for Frostgrave. For me that's quite a productive period.    
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 02:32:40 PM by Governor General »

Offline Governor General

• Scientist
Re: Frostgrave Victoriana!Tracker added!
« Reply #72 on: October 08, 2015, 02:11:25 PM »
Wild Dogs & Thug! Four newly painted figs brings the Grand Total to 52 minis in about 2 months, a personal best. The dogs are totally repainted plastics from Heroscape. I think they're wargs. I based their colour scheme on what I remembered about wild dogs in Africa. I was pretty pleased with it till my wife said they reminded her of Bambi. The Thug is part of an angry villager mob from Ral Partha's Ravenloft line. I painted another of these earlier, I don't like repeating but I think He's different enough to pass.

Offline Governor General

• Scientist
Re: Frostgrave Victoriana! Wild Dogs and Thug added!
« Reply #73 on: October 09, 2015, 01:12:30 PM »
Pack Mules! What do you get the Wizard who has everything? Someone to carry it for him! The mule(or Porter as they prefer) on the left is from an ACW cannon crew. The one on the right is a FIW mini. I added the sword and the knife. When the stats come out on these I'm ready.

Offline Governor General

• Scientist
Re: Frostgrave Victoriana! Pack Mules added!
« Reply #74 on: October 12, 2015, 05:35:30 PM »
Frost Giant and Knight! The giant is an out of production fig from RAFM. They still have a version of it with a coal scuttle helm instead of a top knot. I wanted to go with a freezer burned meat look on his skin. This mini has quite a heft, from the days of lead. The Knight is a Mexican officer from an Alamo project that never gelled. I don't know the maker but it's an old fig. The Knight is doing the sensible thing when one is confronted by a Frost Giant, run away!
« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 05:39:29 PM by Governor General »