Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 05:43:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Pulp Alley - Doctor Who - Daleks and Weeping Angels??  (Read 2617 times)

Offline wargame_insomniac

• Assistant
Pulp Alley - Doctor Who - Daleks and Weeping Angels??
« on: October 17, 2015, 02:08:01 PM »
Hi

While browsing the various threads to learn more and see how you guys have done things, I saw that a few people recommend Pulp Alley for Doctor Who, not something that had occured to me before.

I have seen a couple of people have used the Doctor and his companions and allies as a Pulp Alley League against other PA Leagues.  It made me wonder whether having the Doctor's enemies would work as a PA League. I figured it should do.

A while back I had icked up some of these ceaply:
http://merchandise.thedoctorwhosite.co.uk/doctor-who-adventures-issue-262/

Some of the figures are very soft plastic and some poorly detailed.
But I did like the Daleks and the Weeping Angels.

Has anyone statted u[ Daleks and Weeping Angels for Pulp Alley?

Might give me a couple of more options I could use for games.

Thanks

James

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
Re: Pulp Alley - Doctor Who - Daleks and Weeping Angels??
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2015, 04:53:39 PM »
It depends a bit, do you want the angels to simulated the best they can in PA rules, or custom rules for them? The second could be done if they were used as NPC monsters on the table, could be done very nicely in fact.
3d designer, sculptor and printer, at your service!

3d files! (here)

• Assistant
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2015, 12:52:50 PM »
It depends a bit, do you want the angels to simulated the best they can in PA rules, or custom rules for them? The second could be done if they were used as NPC monsters on the table, could be done very nicely in fact.
I was thinking of running them as NPC's against the PC adventurers.

I think I mentioned n previous post is that I have got a couple of frends who are hardcore Pulp fans but won't be buying any figures, plus a couple of friends that are boardgamers and thus could be persuaded tto dip into figure gaming, but only dip. So If I want to run an Pulp games I will have to buy, assemeble and paint ALL Pulp scenery, props and minis.

Campaign wise I did say in other thread that am looking to run an Egyptian-heavy themed 1930's Pulp Campaign of Stargate meets The Mummy + Indiana Jones. So as GM I will be running the various lackeys, minions and dastardly overlords that the PC's (played by my friends} wll be heroically overcoming.

However as well as doing above campaign, I also want to run some more random pick up games, especially at start whilst we all learn rules. Hence if I can set the 1930's adventurers against Daleks and Weepig Angels in Pulp Alley that would be cool.

Offline d phipps

• Galactic Brain
  • Pulp Alley
    • Pulp Alley
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2015, 06:15:11 PM »
For Daleks, I'd probably just use the optional Sci-Fi Genre rules in Pulp Leagues. Give them Armored and a high Shoot skill for starters.

Weeping Angles would also be easy to do in Pulp Alley. IMO, you don't actually "fight" Weeping Angels - not in the normal sense. Instead, they are dangerous in a very different way. And in Pulp Alley - that means Peril.

You could do some cool special scenario rules for the Weeping Angel, and it could be as simple as something like this --

Weeping Angel Plot Point -- Whenever a character moves within 12" of this plot point, they have attracted the attention of a Weeping Angel. Once this occurs, this character counts as being in an extremely perilous area for the remainder of the scenario. Note, if this plot point challenge is completed, then this Weeping Angel effect is cancelled.

In this way, you would normally be using your Cunning, Might, and Finesse to defeat a Weeping Angels.

HAVE FUN

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2015, 10:16:33 AM »
Alternatively you could make weeping angles moving extreme peril zones 3" from the angel, moving 1d6 in a random direction at the end of the turn. Or if you want to add some extra tactical challenge allow players to activate the angel and roll for movement and direction. That way the angels will always move at the most dramatic moment.

Offline MalcyBogaten

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2015, 03:07:22 PM »
You could do some cool special scenario rules for the Weeping Angel, and it could be as simple as something like this --
Weeping Angel Plot Point -- Whenever a character moves within 12" of this plot point, they have attracted the attention of a Weeping Angel. Once this occurs, this character counts as being in an extremely perilous area for the remainder of the scenario. Note, if this plot point challenge is completed, then this Weeping Angel effect is cancelled.
In this way, you would normally be using your Cunning, Might, and Finesse to defeat a Weeping Angels.
HAVE FUN

This idea sounds very interesting and useful! :D

• Assistant
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2015, 05:02:37 PM »
Thanks guys for the suggestions

Offline Arundel

• Mastermind
  • Galloping Outward Into the Weather!
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2015, 05:19:20 PM »
The idea to have some threats classed as perils, whether extreme or the regular variety, is an extremely interesting concept; it could potentially cover all sorts of beasts that could add to the general chaos of a game, while still allowing the leagues to focus on each other. Definitely mulling over this idea for my own games...

Online nozza_uk

• Mad Scientist
    • The wargaming world of Nozza
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2015, 06:45:38 PM »
I've got a load of Dr Who profiles on my website http://www.freewebs.com/norrins/doctorwho.htm including various profiles for the Daleks. Might be useful, might not be. Up to you  ;)

EDIT - Some of the leagues use retired abilities eg Unstoppable.

« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 06:51:47 PM by nozza_uk »

• Assistant
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2015, 04:08:10 PM »
I've got a load of Dr Who profiles on my website http://www.freewebs.com/norrins/doctorwho.htm including various profiles for the Daleks. Might be useful, might not be. Up to you  ;)

EDIT - Some of the leagues use retired abilities eg Unstoppable.

Thanks Nozza

Have book marked that for future use.
Like the way you have different skills for various doctors reflecting their personailities.
My favourite- Allonsy!!

Thanks

James