Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 11:13:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Beginning Frostgrave  (Read 10918 times)

Offline Lamilvelo

• Bookworm
Re: Beginning Frostgrave
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2016, 10:27:48 PM »
Eric, could you tell where you got the circulair building with the statue in the middle?
Really fell in love with that one!

sorry about the hijack btw ;)

I was going to ask the same thing!

Offline Eric the Shed

• Galactic Brain
    • The Shed Wars Experience
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2016, 05:04:37 AM »
Eric your blog is part of the reason I wanted the Pegasus buildings!  May i ask how you made those boards with the cobblestone look?

I assume you mean the paving stone look - its all here on the blog but basically its cut squares of eva foam embossed with a biro - it took hours !

http://shedwars.blogspot.co.uk/2015/11/frostgrave-terrain-build-part-8.html

cheers

Offline Eric the Shed

• Galactic Brain
    • The Shed Wars Experience
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2016, 05:06:17 AM »
Eric, could you tell where you got the circulair building with the statue in the middle?
Really fell in love with that one!

I was going to ask the same thing!

I bought this on ebay for £20 but you can find new ones from here

http://www.ziterdes.de/ziterdes/en/produkte/article_detail.php?we_objectID=1461393&catID=64&subcatID=76

cheers

Offline Lamilvelo

• Bookworm
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2016, 03:27:10 PM »
Awesome thanks for the info.  I guess I need to read older blog posts to see how some of your stuff was made.  Went to a couple of Thrift stores this weekend looking for some statues or something to add but couldn't really find anything. Did get a couple of pieces from a pet store though that should help.

Offline Iamafish

• Bookworm
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2016, 02:43:08 AM »
you asked about paper terrain. You can do a lot with paper , I build my around a formcore , sore. here is a thread on this board with some pics.

http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=68118451edb717e3f8319d7bf2d34ec8&topic=86618.0

it is also fun to build :)

Offline Lamilvelo

• Bookworm
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2016, 06:23:38 PM »
you asked about paper terrain. You can do a lot with paper , I build my around a formcore , sore. here is a thread on this board with some pics.

http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=68118451edb717e3f8319d7bf2d34ec8&topic=86618.0

it is also fun to build :)
Thanks for the tips! I was also wondering if anyone knew where to get the Frostgrave Cultists in the US? I found FRP games and ordered the soldiers from them but can't seem to find the Cultists in the US.  Two Pegasus buildings are put together but need to be painted. Started working on two Bones Cultists and just received my first Wizard and apprentice. Things are starting to come together and will post terrible pictures once the painting is finished.

Offline Digitarii

• Scientist
  • I don't suffer from insanity. I ENJOY it!
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2016, 08:18:59 PM »
Brigade Games USA carries all of the FG line, including some "stand ins" from other lines.

http://brigadegames.3dcartstores.com/
"My claim is based on rational thought and the fact that I've got more than enough charges in my Tesla Cannon to leave nothing but your twitching, smoldering digits!" - Nelson, Full Frontal Nerdity

Gold foil, diamond-etched, creme filled, limited-edition, collector's item number one anger issues

Offline Lamilvelo

• Bookworm
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2016, 08:21:57 PM »
Brigade Games USA carries all of the FG line, including some "stand ins" from other lines.

http://brigadegames.3dcartstores.com/

Thanks for the link. I don't see the cultists there either. Did they discontinue them really fast or just not make enough?

Offline Digitarii

• Scientist
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2016, 08:30:11 PM »
Thanks for the link. I don't see the cultists there either. Did they discontinue them really fast or just not make enough?

Check in the "Thaw of the Lich Lord" section:

http://brigadegames.3dcartstores.com/Frostgrave-Thaw-of-the-Lich-Lord_c_603.html

Offline Lamilvelo

• Bookworm
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2016, 09:35:31 PM »
Thanks! I thought that was just for the book by clicking that hyperlink. 

Offline Digitarii

• Scientist
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2016, 01:08:09 AM »
You're welcome! I use the Brigade Games website all the time, but I will admit that it isn't really user-friendly. I would have put the Cultist box in the Soldiers section. Since the actual rules for the cultists are in the TotLL book, I suppose it makes sense.

Offline Lamilvelo

• Bookworm
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2016, 08:26:50 PM »
Bought some foamcore at Hobby Lobby today and am confused. Do you guys take the outer hard plastic off before using the stuff? Seems shiny and I'm not sure paint will stick well to it. Sorry this is the first time I've ever gotten around to trying to make my own terrain.

Offline TheMageKing

• Assistant
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2016, 08:23:17 AM »
Bought some foamcore at Hobby Lobby today and am confused. Do you guys take the outer hard plastic off before using the stuff? Seems shiny and I'm not sure paint will stick well to it. Sorry this is the first time I've ever gotten around to trying to make my own terrain.

The foamcore I use is a thin sheet of foam between two sheets of paper. Mostly, I leave the paper on, and seal in the foam when I get to painting.

Spray paint pretty much covers everything, anyway. :p

Offline Lamilvelo

• Bookworm
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2016, 04:39:30 PM »
The stuff I bought is sandwiched between thin plastic sheets. I'll give it a go and see what happens.

Offline Lamilvelo

• Bookworm
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2016, 06:02:30 PM »
Played my first game of Frostgrave yesterday and really enjoyed it.  Both of our mini's were unpainted and we kinda threw some terrain together.  We were doing combat wrong for awhile but once we got it figured out the game became a lot more dangerous.  Can't wait to play again and hopefully get all the mini's painted for my warband.  Thanks for all the tips