Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 12:27:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1697735
  • Total Topics: 118855
  • Online Today: 681
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: All Quiet Game at CincyCon  (Read 4011 times)

Offline Pictors Studio

• Mastermind
    • Pictors Studio
All Quiet Game at CincyCon
« on: March 07, 2016, 02:41:14 PM »
I played in an All Quiet on the Martian Front game at CincyCon Friday night.

The game was run by Dave Elmore (author of Tigers and Stalins) and was pretty fun.  I had the Michigan boys and the rough riders, who caused the Martians no little embarrassment.

You can see some pictures here:

http://imgur.com/a/PJrNz

Offline Quendil

• Mastermind
    • Quendil's World
Re: All Quiet Game at CincyCon
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2016, 05:59:17 PM »
Looks good!

There is also a fan forum in case you missed it http://aqmf.freeforums.net

Offline wolivant

• Librarian
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2016, 10:16:20 PM »
Crackin game.... mine are still in two boxes unopened..

Wolt

Offline Pictors Studio

• Mastermind
    • Pictors Studio
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2016, 05:38:24 AM »
It was a pretty fun game.  I don't have any of the stuff myself but I've played it a few times now. 

Offline SpaceGoblin

• Librarian
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2016, 07:28:30 PM »
Nice-good to see a victory for the forces of Earth! :D Really need to play this game at some point.

Offline Pictors Studio

• Mastermind
    • Pictors Studio
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2016, 08:12:54 PM »
Winning with the humans seems to be partially a matter of luck but there are some things that can happen to stack the odds in your favour.  We had a lousy first round.  The shots were just all bouncing off of Martian armour or missing entirely.

Then in the second round, with about the same amount of shooting we destroyed two tripods.

After that we could effect almost nothing for a round or two.  Two of the pods got damaged, one heavily, it suffered 9 armour damage without going down.  Then the motorbikes swooped in, tied up one tripod and that one killed itself and the other tripod by falling over and exploding. 

So we were pretty lucky but it seemed like we had so much stuff that it couldn't have gone the other way.  Although human stuff does die pretty quickly. 

Offline wolivant

• Librarian
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2016, 02:58:15 PM »
Just reading through the WotW Dark Osprey set 40 or so years prior in Victoriana, good inspirational material...

Would love to see some close ups of painted AQoMF vehicles and foot if anyone has any!? Hoping to paint mine this year sometime...

Wolt

Offline Quendil

• Mastermind
    • Quendil's World
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2016, 04:23:53 PM »
Just reading through the WotW Dark Osprey set 40 or so years prior in Victoriana, good inspirational material...

Would love to see some close ups of painted AQoMF vehicles and foot if anyone has any!? Hoping to paint mine this year sometime...

Wolt

I have some of mine here http://quendilsworld.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/All%20Quiet%20on%20the%20Martian%20Front

Offline wolivant

• Librarian
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2016, 09:58:26 AM »
Wow... lovely paint jobs and what a massive collection! I remember the huge allied command tank, thinking at the time, I will wait and save up for that one at a treat, doh!!! A prized possession now of course.

Love the Prussian BHM tanks, I have used them for 10mm games but have been mulling on getting more after getting a load of their walkers to fight the tripods.

Would love to see more as they get painted, especially the huge allied tank, if not just for the envy factor ;o)

Saved a few pics a painting reference and for my image library for WWWI :o)

Thanks

Wolt

Offline Quendil

• Mastermind
    • Quendil's World
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2016, 05:06:03 PM »
You can see some more here http://aqmf.freeforums.net/thread/281/quendils-canadian-wip
I have been bad at updating my blog

Offline wolivant

• Librarian
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2016, 07:53:38 AM »
The 'Conqueror Models', are they AQoMF manufactured?

Ive been thinking about mixing in a few different manufacturers ranges, especially Peter Pig, love the Brit specials with a cricket bat, etc...

How are you getting on with the AQoMF rules set? I used Blitzkrieg Commander for WWW2 and AVBCW, just made the unit stats up and it works really well. ...So was toying with doing the same for WW1 with that set.. Are there rules for flying vehicles in AQoMF? was tpying with extending it Martian Skiffs, etc ..went and watched the 'John Carter' film. ..might just be a whim yet ;o)

Wolt

Offline dexter

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2016, 09:49:36 PM »

Ive been thinking about mixing in a few different manufacturers ranges, especially Peter Pig, love the Brit specials with a cricket bat, etc...

Wolt

Peter Pig figures are really small when compared to the old AGMF humans.

Offline Quendil

• Mastermind
    • Quendil's World
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2016, 09:05:18 AM »
The 'Conqueror Models', are they AQoMF manufactured?

How are you getting on with the AQoMF rules set? I used Blitzkrieg Commander for WWW2 and AVBCW, just made the unit stats up and it works really well. ...So was toying with doing the same for WW1 with that set.. Are there rules for flying vehicles in AQoMF? was tpying with extending it Martian Skiffs, etc ..went and watched the 'John Carter' film. ..might just be a whim yet ;o)

Wolt

The Conqueror models are fan made and match in really well. Infantry is the difficult one as AQ stuff is 18mm not 15mm as 15mm look too small.  I suppose it only becomes a problem if you try to mix the infantry.  However there is someone making 18mm alternatives called Slave2Gaming which mach well http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=86359.0.  Also Old Glory Blue Moon 15mm range is supposed to be more 18mm and should fit in.

Here are some supplier links http://aqmf.freeforums.net/thread/60/suppliers-miniatures-models

Offline wolivant

• Librarian
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2016, 11:06:25 AM »
Sound advice, thanks guys, appreciate it. Just off to trawl the links list now, very useful :o)

Wolt