Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 08:50:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Star Wars Rogue one trailer  (Read 15115 times)

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
Re: Star Wars Rogue one trailer
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2016, 10:29:06 PM »
Wasn't it Bothan spies that got the plans?
Wait... the Bothans died getting the plans for the second Death Star...right?

This looks like a fun twist for the franchise, a more military side of the story.
Correct, Bothan spies was Death Star II/RotJ.

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2016, 10:35:12 PM »
Please please please star the voice of James Earl Jones

Offline CompanyB

• Mastermind
    • http://www.companyb.biz
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2016, 11:10:24 PM »
Did anyone else catch the black and silver X-wing that's crashed in the background as Donnie Yen goes all Ninja on the stormtroopers?  I know what I'm painting this weekend!

Offline Sbloom141

• Librarian
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2016, 03:22:12 AM »
I think it looks brilliant, a slightly 'harder' side to Star Wars.

I just feel bad that the protagonist will have to go through he heartache of finding fake plans in the end, because as we all know it's Kyle Katarn who found the real ones  lol

Offline Muzfish4

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2016, 04:43:17 AM »
I like what I have seen so far.

Around nine and a half million views on YouTube so far.

This film should do okay at the box office...

Offline Michka

• Mastermind
« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2016, 03:29:03 PM »
When I told my wife about the trailer her reply was "Oh God. It never ends."
Then I showed her the trailer, and she liked it.

Online OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2016, 05:00:52 PM »
I did like the massive radar dish behind the At Ats at the end, plenty of modeling potential right there  :D

cheers

James
cheers

James

https://www.oshiromodels.co.uk/

Twitter account -     @OSHIROmodels
Instagram account - oshiromodels

http://redplanetminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
http://jimbibblyblog.blogspot.com/

Offline Vanvlak

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2016, 05:05:53 PM »
I did like the massive radar dish behind the At Ats at the end, plenty of modeling potential right there  :D

cheers

James
Now I had to go and watch it again. I'd missed it the first six or seven times...

Offline huesped

• Mad Scientist
  • "-El Emperador no es tan magnánimo como yo"
« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2016, 06:15:37 PM »
i didn't miss it, but i'll review it again anyway LOL lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2016, 06:20:10 PM »
One thing that is a bit worrying to me about that trailer is, uh... where are the aliens?

Is this not Star Wars? I mean this isn't a Star Trek TV episode where they might blame lack of aliens on a low budget. Having no aliens but lots of humans is supposed to be an Imperial trait, not a Rebellion one.

Offline huesped

• Mad Scientist
  • "-El Emperador no es tan magnánimo como yo"
« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2016, 06:35:32 PM »
agree with you about the anti-alien Imperial politics, but also on TFA did'nt apear any of the typical alien races: rodians, weekays, trandoshan.... i wonder if Lucas denied Disney part of his legacy?

Offline TheMightyFlip

• Mastermind
  • Smoggie!!
    • Flips Miniatures
« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2016, 06:42:18 PM »
Please please please star the voice of James Earl Jones

Well considering Jones voices Vader in Rebel's (the kids cartoon) it shouldn't be to hard for him to get back into character.

Online OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2016, 07:27:05 PM »
One thing that is a bit worrying to me about that trailer is, uh... where are the aliens?

Maybe a legacy of Jar Jar...  lol

I do remember reading somewhere a long time ago that the majority of that galaxy's population were human and humans were the first to rebel. Of course aliens were welcome but not that many were as rebellious  ???

Well considering Jones voices Vader in Rebel's (the kids cartoon) it shouldn't be to hard for him to get back into character.

Unless he goes the way of Admiral Akbar  :'( Peter Mayhew is looking like he's not going to be in the next in the trilogy as well  :'(

cheers

James

Offline Cosmotiger

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2016, 10:23:06 PM »
I do remember reading somewhere a long time ago that the majority of that galaxy's population were human and humans were the first to rebel. Of course aliens were welcome but not that many were as rebellious  ???

It's as good an explanation as any.

Other than Chewie, there weren't any aliens at Yavin or Hoth, either.  Which in real life is totally a budget thing, I know, but  it wasn't until the time of ROTJ that we actually saw aliens in the Rebellion.

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
« Reply #44 on: April 08, 2016, 11:34:46 PM »
To be quite honest, I've found the Rebels cartoon to be an infinitely superior take on the Star Wars universe than TFA.

The writing and characters are better, it's in an under-written era so there's room for the writers to play while still having plenty of guidance and reference material, the fan-service-y callbacks to existing characters and places are better-done, and while the humour in TFA wasn't too terrible, the humour in Rebels has really started to flow naturally and is frankly much funnier. There's no feeling that the humour is forced, or included because of some hanging obligation to "not be like the prequels" the way it did at times in TFA.

The show started off a little confused about how much it was going to be a kid's show - its predecessor The Clone Wars (the CGI one, not the excellent series of shorts by Genndy Tartakovsky), which I haven't watched, was nominally a show for young teens - and the first season occasionally featured awkward moments or episodes where characters were very deliberately non-violent or where events were bowdlerized in some way, but there were still many flashes of genuine Star Wars feel and a lot of great moments. But the writers behind the clunkier moments seem to have been relegated to other duties or have come around to the majority view and the second season has been really impressive, consistently exuding a real Star Wars look and feel. The second half of the second season is the first time I've really wanted to eagerly re-watch anything "Star Wars" again after seeing it once, other than the OT of course.

If you're worried about it being something juvenile, and thereby sappy or undramatic, a Star Wars with the hard edges filed off, you needn't fear. As I said, the writers have settled on it being a proper show and it's at least on par with ANH now in terms of writing, though perhaps not quite ESB. There's certainly little remnant of it being something for small children - Imperials are gunned down, blown to bits, or even cast into the vacuum of space as much as they ever were in any movie (the cast's equivalent of R2-D2 is a certifiable homicidal lunatic for God's sakes).

Both wifey and I have really enjoyed ourselves watching it, laughing and even high-fiving over some of the scenes, they are that well done and feel that much like Star Wars.  
« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 11:47:06 PM by FramFramson »