Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:13:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Random question....fantasy jewelry.  (Read 1407 times)

Offline Jockjay

• Librarian
  • 'reet.
Random question....fantasy jewelry.
« on: April 25, 2016, 10:28:16 AM »
Hi all,

as stated, random question. My wife makes jewelry to sell on Etsy, I paint models etc. We are thinking of combining our arts to make some cool (perspective..) stuff.

My wife uses a lot of resin and seals flowers and stuff in it to make necklaces etc. And having seen my 6mm celts she wondered if she could seal some in resin and make a necklace etc.

My question is: am I breaking any laws by doing this. My models are baccus 6mm and I do not want to tread on any toes or anything. She also wanted to do soem in Game of thrones colours with backgrounds and stuff but again, I'm confused as the legality of doing so. I reckon it would be cool. But I'm weird.

Any advice appreciated:

Jay. 

Offline SBRPearce

• Mad Scientist
    • "The Cellar-Dweller" blog
Re: Random question....fantasy jewelry.
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2016, 12:04:29 PM »
It seems to me that she's using the minis as raw materials for a project that she's offering for sale. This would be the equivalent of making a diorama with these figures and selling it to an interested party. Beyond just the figures, she's also selling her skill and design (and all the other raw materials included in the piece).

Obviously, she probably shouldn't use any logo or name or typeface that's clearly owned (like the "Game of Thrones" trademark).

*Not an attorney*
from Mr.Vampire: "It's the paintjob that makes the miniature fight harder not the size."

Offline Jockjay

• Librarian
  • 'reet.
Re: Random question....fantasy jewelry.
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2016, 12:16:21 PM »
That was my thought process. There will be no GoT official stuff anywhere near it, perhaps a picture of three dogs on a yellow background.... that's about it.

Thanks for the reply. Cannot hurt to try.