Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:59:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: The Lead Painters League Season 10 - the winners and results  (Read 61991 times)

Offline Prof.Witchheimer

• Elder God
    • Back of Beyond
The race is run! The anniversary LPL 10 is over after 11 hard rounds full of ups and downs, highs and lows, but above all full of wonderful entries on a very high skill level. It was an exceptionally stunning season, without doubts and I'm sure we all did enjoy it very much.

As you know this time we did use the Swiss System for the first time and this certainly brought us to a quite new competition level with lots of very close rounds. Also we were finally able to exclude the random factor in setting up the matches, leaving it completely to the Swiss System algorithm. At this place, I would like to say a huge THANK YOU to Westfalia Chris, who created a great tool based on Excel which did the whole job of creating matches, traking points,  putting up leaderboards and so on. It spared me countless hours of work which on the other side gave me the opportunity to paint a few more figures for my entries :) In the meantime I've got a lot of very positive feedback from the participants on Swiss System thus I think we will continue to use the Swiss System in the next seasons.

But now let's have the obligatory part of this final LPL10 thread, the award ceremony! Although because of the first place being surprisingly occupied by a random guy this time (shame on him!), I'm better going to talk about the next three places.

In the fourth place we have the brilliant Chambersofminiatures. Patrick delivered a phantastic show this year. His wide-spread selection of fascinating themes and topics, being amazingly painted and perfectly photographed, won him game after game and convinced across the board!

In the third place magnificent Admiral Benbow, another experienced LPL veteran. Michael performed another run of masterfully painted scenes with creative ideas behind them, telling us stories full of atmosphere and vivid colors which won him a well-deserved place at the top of the leaderboard!

In the second place splendid Captian Blood, since years one of the most dangerous opponents in this competition. As usual, Richard made the choice of voting for him rather easy for the voters, entering some amazing examples of his painting skills. His ability to bring colours to "glove" and make minitures "alive" is still breathtaking!

Still, after announcing the winners, I'm struggling to decide and want to emphasize that LPL is not "that sort" of competition. The most amazing part of this show is still imho the painting. Week after week, miniature after miniature, knocking up the entries, spending hours on creating of ideas, making photos, thinking about next one..This is the most enjoyable part of this show, I think, at least the part I've been enjoyed.

Finally I want to thank to every LPL attendant in this year. Well done, guys. I have no statistics on it but I have the strong feeling we never had so little of entries being re-entered. And this is probably the best news because this is all what LPL is about - painting, photographing, showing. Thank you, guys, as for me, it's been a pleasure and a honour!

Now I present you the final leaderboard and declare the tenth season of the LPL concluded. I hope I will meet you again in the Season Eleven, I'm very much looking forward  to it :)

« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 10:08:23 AM by Prof.Witchheimer »

Offline Mr Tough Guy

• Mad Scientist
Re: The Lead Painters League Season 10 - the winners and results
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2016, 10:18:03 AM »
Congratulations to all the winners, and many thanks to the organizers and all the participants, the quality this year was amazing, and it seems like I need to step up my game if I want to end up higher, is it too early to start painting for next years LPL  :D

Offline Steam Flunky

• Mastermind
  • Stop the world.I want to get off!
    • My Miniature collections on Flickr
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2016, 10:18:20 AM »
And a big thank you to you Alex for all your work organizing it as well as a massive
Congratulations
to you for deservedly winning it!!!!!!!
laf medals by Robert  (steam flunky), auf Flickrhttps://www.flickr.com/photos/torq42/sets/

Offline Lt. Hazel

• Mastermind
    • The Leutnant´s Diary
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2016, 10:47:34 AM »
It was great, a bit exhausting but great. Congrats to you Alex, this year you where the unstoppable juggernaut of epic Scenes.
Cheers
Jan

Online OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2016, 12:08:37 PM »
Absolutely splendid show all round chaps, best one yet I feel  :) Well done to all those who entered!

Good choice for the Swiss system as well, it seems to have given a more exciting event this year  8)

cheers

James
cheers

James

https://www.oshiromodels.co.uk/

Twitter account -     @OSHIROmodels
Instagram account - oshiromodels

http://redplanetminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
http://jimbibblyblog.blogspot.com/

Offline Michi

• Galactic Brain
  • Hoist the colours!
    • Tableterror
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2016, 01:14:03 PM »
And a big thank you to you Alex for all your work organizing it as well as a massive
Congratulations
to you for deservedly winning it!!!!!!!

I sign and second that!

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2016, 05:21:14 PM »
Well done Alex. Unstoppable. Many former LPL winners (including me!) were crushed like hapless ants en route to your clean sweep. 11 wins out of 11. That's some style and a definite LPL record. For both quality and quantity - simply unbeatable.

Congratulations to all participants. Agree it was one of the best LPLs we've had. A lot of very competitive matches and wonderful, creative entries. It was actually my worst showing since LPL1, with three defeats in the face of infinitely superior German arms ;)  In view of which I count myself unbelievably lucky to have squeaked into second place - and I feel especially bad for Michael, Admiral B, who comprehensively defeated me in our match, but who I just managed to pip by two points in the end. I think it should have been the other way round really.

Thank you Alex for the seamless organisation too (and Chris for the ingenious Swiss algorithm, of course 8))

This LPL has certainly helped me make a large dent in my painting queue for my Game of Thrones project, and allowed me to paint some other lovely figures too - and that's what it's all about really. I'm 60 painted figures better off than I was at the start :)

Offline Calimero

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2016, 05:49:33 PM »

Congratulations! 8)

That was a fun LPL
A CANADIAN local hobby store with a small selection of historical wargames miniatures (mainly from Warlords). They also have a great selection of paint and hobby accessories from Vallejo, Army painter, AK Interactive, Green Stuff World and more.; https://www.kingdomtitans.ca/us/

Offline Nord

• Mad Scientist
    • Nord's Painting Saga
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2016, 05:58:46 PM »
Well done to all entrants, it's a huge ask painting up for the league, months of work if you are like me. Kudos to you all for getting through to the end.

Special congrats to the Prof of course, I think he has raised the bar to a scarily high level, astounding work.  :o

Offline mikedemana

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Investigating curiosities around the globe...
    • Worldwidemike
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2016, 06:56:02 PM »
Congratulations, Alex, to a well-deserved victory! Round after round, you set the bar high for modeling mastery. Looking at the records of those in the top 10, it becomes apparent how amazing your undefeated run really wa.

I am satisfied with 15th, and a 6-5 record. Although I've had higher finishes, this year was my hardest fought, I believe. The Swiss System makes for fair but tough pairings, and I highly approve its continued use.

Congratulations to the other top finishers, and thanks to all participants to the lovely show you put on for us forum members, week after week!

Mike Demana
www.firstcommandwargames.com

Offline nikko

• Scientist
    • les figurines du Nikko
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2016, 07:29:04 PM »
Hello,

Congratulations to the winners and all entrants !!
Thanks for the organization.

It was my first participation to LPL.
I have seen lot of superb entries and it made me want to improve (background, photography...).

Nikko

Offline von Lucky

• Galactic Brain
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • Donner und Blitzen Wargaming
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2016, 07:41:06 PM »
Thanks again Prof, was something of a grind at times, but like climbing a mountain on a weekend hike a lot of fun in the end (and the view!).
- Karsten

"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Blog: Donner und Blitzen

Offline Dr DeAth

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Little Lead Men
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2016, 07:48:17 PM »
Congratulations to all involved - some brilliant painting and a real showcase of LAF talent.

Photos of my recent efforts are at www.littleleadmen.com and https://beaverlickfalls.blogspot.com

Offline marianas_gamer

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Our Man on Guam Watchman in the East
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2016, 07:50:56 PM »
For me this year was by far the best LAF. This is based on being continuously sorry that I had to vote on only the one entry. Throughout the contest I felt that the "losing" entry could easily have won on another day.  The quality of work, originality, and humor displayed by ALL of the participants was top shelf!
LB
Got to kick at the darkness till it bleeds daylight.

Online Elk101

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2016, 07:51:08 PM »
Congratulations to everyone in the LPL especially the podium placers. There have been some of the best entries I've yet seen. A thoroughly deserved win for the Prof and regardless of what Richard says he's always going to be in contention for that top spot, he's just too good not to be.