Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 01:23:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690921
  • Total Topics: 118357
  • Online Today: 657
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Strange Aeons Game at the Club 6/6/2016  (Read 2704 times)

Offline Legionnaire

• Mad Scientist
  • So many ideas, so little time for games...
Strange Aeons Game at the Club 6/6/2016
« on: June 06, 2016, 11:34:20 PM »
Tonight we started up a new SA campaign, and involved me and two other players, Matt and Morgan, taking it in turns to play. After the first scenario Morgan discovered that we've played the game slightly wrong, so we corrected it for the next two games. We managed THREE games tonight which I am pretty chuffed with, 1 Loss and 2 Wins for the Threshold team.

1. Escape... Into Danger!
2. Retrieve the Artifacts.
3. Fight!

Scenario 1: The Threshold team found themselves facing off against 2 Wolfmen and two Cultists armed with .22's. Quickly both Lorraine de Witt and Sun Feng fell prey to the beastly things, but Professor Gerhard Shroeder prevailed and managed to get both of them to revert back to human form, while Fredrik Falk, the Swedish adventurer spread Death and Mayhem with his Mauser rifle. Unfortunately, the brave Professor Shroeder got felled by a bullet from the gun of a bushwhacking Cultist and only Fredrik Falk remained on his feet at the end of the game but discovered a Map Piece (Loss). However, all three Agents miraculously made a full recovery without any ill effects, eager to face the Evil Forces once more.

Scenario 2: This time there were some crates of unknown content hidden in the backwood hills, and the opposition consisted of a High Priest (Touch of Death, Compel Human and Time Distortion) and an axewielding maniac. Professor Shroedinger boldly charged forwards and managed to retrieve an ancient Scroll! But the success proved shortlived, it soon became apparent that the High Priest wielded Deadly Eldritch Energies and made short work of both Professor Shroedinger and Lorraine de Witt, after first having commanded his will and made him shoot at poor Lorraine de Witt whilst Fredrik Falk took out the axewielding maniac with eerie coolness and accuracy. Sun Feng and Fredrik Falk managed to corner the desperate High Priest. And in a display of Martial Prowess Sun Feng fought the High Priest to a stand still and later dispatched him with a well aimed punch to the throat! When searching the remaining crates, the team found another Scroll. (Win for Threshold)

In the Aftermath, Fredrik Falk gained +1 CON but poor Professor Shroedinger was afflicted with Haemophobia and Lorraine de Witt is Crippled!

Scenario 3: The slightly ragged team was forced to Fight against a Daemonic Hound, 1 Cultist and 2 Kindred (BOTH Prehensile Limb). Fredrik Falk made short order of the Daemonic Hound with a well aimed bullet and in quick succession Sun Feng took one Cultist and one Kindred out in spectacular H-T-H combat, whilst the brave Professor Shroedinger kept retreating at the sight of blood being spilt and Fredrik Falk took a longshot and dispatched the last Kindred. In the Aftermath Sun Feng gained a Strike to Kill and they found a Map Piece (Win).

THRESHOLD TEAM

Fredrik Falk- Swedish adventurer with Crack Shot, Bolt Action Rifle, a Salt Shaker and Light Body Armour.
Professor Gerhard Shroedinger- Agent Accountant, .22 Pistol, Cleaver, Haemophobia.
Sun Feng- Agent Martial Artist, Strike to Kill, .22 Pistol.
Lorraine de Witt- Agent Treasure Hunter, .22 Pistol, Club, Crippled

« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 11:48:43 PM by Legionnaire »
"Who knows what Evil lurks in the heart of men?"
"The Shadow knows!!! Hahahahaha!"

Offline Litebrite

• Scientist
Re: Strange Aeons Game at the Club 6/6/2016
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2016, 01:19:46 AM »
Nice AARs and pics. Looks like all scenarios were good fun games.  I can't wait until I can get mobile again to continue my adventures with SA and VUK.

:)

Offline Legionnaire

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2016, 09:07:53 PM »
Nice AARs and pics. Looks like all scenarios were good fun games.  I can't wait until I can get mobile again to continue my adventures with SA and VUK.

:)

Yes, very fun games and nice to dig out the excellent SA rules once more. We tried to start a campaign last year but the Threshold team was got a disastrous start so we never carried on, then we got sidetracked with a plethora of other games we wanted to try out, belonging to a gaming club is both a Boon and a Curse at times  lol!!!

I hope your health is improving and that you soon can play a game or two  :).

Offline horridperson

• Mad Scientist
  • Doing the Will of The Horned Cat
    • Void Spaces
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2016, 03:25:41 AM »
That does look like fun.  Nice looking set up.  I want to play too  :-[.

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2016, 07:00:37 AM »
Great stuff, mate.
 8) 8)

We intend to start up again soon and this is really whetting the appetite for it.
 :D

Offline Legionnaire

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2016, 11:24:51 PM »
That does look like fun.  Nice looking set up.  I want to play too  :-[.

Indeed it was, and whilst Morgan got acquainted with the rules and watched us play the first game (also discovering where we went wrong  ;) ), we swapped around the three of us for the second and third game, the 'odd one out' flicking through the rules and refereeing, keeping everyone involved  :D.

Great stuff, mate.
 8) 8)

We intend to start up again soon and this is really whetting the appetite for it.
 :D

Thanks Mason, looking forward to see your new stuff  lol!!!