Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:42:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686474
  • Total Topics: 118102
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: D'Isreali Army Vehicles  (Read 1753 times)

Offline leadfool

• Mastermind
D'Isreali Army Vehicles
« on: January 22, 2009, 09:25:26 PM »
Here  and in the Gallery (under Tanks) are several photos of my D'Isreali Army vehicles.
We play these in our VSF games.  Our world is loosly based on the Harry Turtledove "How Few Remain" book, where it is 1885 and the undefeated Confederacy and the Union go war again.  The South was recognized by the British and the French, Leaving the North with only one international Ally, Prussia.  Our variation has the Irish Republic being formed in 1880 with Union and Prussian help.  I have a Frank Einstein moving to England and building vehicles and the Issen Golem (Iron Golem, ie robot) for the British Prime Minister, Benjamin D'Isreali, hence the "D'Isreali Army." 
Our battles have had various combinations of Americans, Prussians, Irish and local allies on one side against British/D'Isreali, French, Confederate, Canadian and local allies on the other side.  Ocasional guest appearances by Belgans, Turks, Russians etc.  Battles have been fought on deserts, jungles and forrests in Canada, Africa, Mars, Mexico and various islands.
FOUNDER OF THE D'ISREALI ARMY

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for lunch.  Liberty is a well armed Lamb, contesting the vote.
B Franklin.    ----

Offline Chairface

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: D'Isreali Army Vehicles
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2009, 01:59:07 AM »
I really like your background story! Isn't Frank Einstein the secret identity of Madman?

Offline leadfool

• Mastermind
Re: D'Isreali Army Vehicles
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2009, 03:53:03 AM »
 Frank Einstein, and his younger brother Albert moved to London and brought with them a combination of German/Prussian science knowledge and knowledge of the Kaballa.  They combined this knowledge to build a Golem.  That Golem is known as the Issen Golem.  It bears the Hebrew word EMET on the forhead, which translates as Truth.  The golem is armed with a heavy Machine gun mounted between its legs.  The weapon is known as the Putz Biks, which is Yiddish for penis gun. 
I made this up as the way to put Stars of David, Hebrew and Yiddish on my vehicles and call them the D'Israeli Army.  If another used the name before, well I guess great minds think alike.
Mike, aka Skrapwelder, has put together the amazing Irish army vehicles, including Tesla Cannon armed hover craft, which bear names in Gealic.  These are the usual opponents of my stuff.