Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:06:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Indian Mutiny - Sharp Practice solo test game  (Read 1864 times)

Offline Saucy Jack

• Scientist
    • London by Midnight
Indian Mutiny - Sharp Practice solo test game
« on: August 13, 2016, 03:09:41 PM »
Tried out the Sharp Practice 2 rules yesterday when I setup a small solo game to try and learn some of the basics of the rules.

First time I have tried a solo game and I really enjoyed myself.

Full writeup on my blog: http://londonbymidnight.blogspot.dk/2016/08/sharp-practice-2-solo-test-game.html

Offline DoctorPete

• Mastermind
Re: Indian Mutiny - Sharp Practice solo test game
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2016, 03:23:09 PM »
Hmmmmm.  SP2 is looking better and better to me.   
I am not a quack!  I'm a mad scientist.  There IS a difference!

Offline Lardy Rich

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2016, 09:28:38 AM »
Saucy Jack

Lovely looking game.  I hadn't seen the YouTube videos you mentions but have just watched them and, frankly, I am horrified.  The bloke makes one key error of allowing units to activate multiple times in each turn and that completely ruins the game in so many respects.  Allowing that utterly messes up almost every aspect of the game; units wth Status IV leaders move four times as fast as those with Status I Leaders, fire four times as fast and become complete Death Stars  It is clearly not correct  What amazes me is that throughout it he keeps suggesting that he thinks h might be doing it wrong but keeps going regardless and then published it on YouTube as though it is gospel. 

I have posted on one of the videos and informed him of that and suggested that he checks out the FAQ.   

Cheers

Rich

Offline Sir_Theo

• Mastermind
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2016, 10:02:31 AM »
Lovely looking game. Indian Mutiny is very appealing.

The few times I've played solo games the ones that work 'best' are games wih some sort of random card or chit activation (I love Muskets and Tomahawks solo for example) so SP2 should be perfect. I'm looking forward to trying it myself- just as soon as I paint my Napoleonic french currently cluttering up the lead pile.

Offline Saucy Jack

• Scientist
    • London by Midnight
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2016, 01:44:39 PM »
Hmmmmm.  SP2 is looking better and better to me.   
You will not be disappointed

Offline Saucy Jack

• Scientist
    • London by Midnight
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2016, 01:46:45 PM »
Saucy Jack

Lovely looking game.  I hadn't seen the YouTube videos you mentions but have just watched them and, frankly, I am horrified.  The bloke makes one key error of allowing units to activate multiple times in each turn and that completely ruins the game in so many respects.  Allowing that utterly messes up almost every aspect of the game; units wth Status IV leaders move four times as fast as those with Status I Leaders, fire four times as fast and become complete Death Stars  It is clearly not correct  What amazes me is that throughout it he keeps suggesting that he thinks h might be doing it wrong but keeps going regardless and then published it on YouTube as though it is gospel. 

I have posted on one of the videos and informed him of that and suggested that he checks out the FAQ.   

Cheers

Rich
Thank for a wonderful set og rules.

Yes commented om the last video as well, and there is no doubt that multiple activations ruined his Game.

Offline Saucy Jack

• Scientist
    • London by Midnight
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2016, 01:49:42 PM »
Lovely looking game. Indian Mutiny is very appealing.

The few times I've played solo games the ones that work 'best' are games wih some sort of random card or chit activation (I love Muskets and Tomahawks solo for example) so SP2 should be perfect. I'm looking forward to trying it myself- just as soon as I paint my Napoleonic french currently cluttering up the lead pile.
I love the Look og an Indian Mutiny game. Never tried a solo game before, but I enjoyed myself quite a bit.