Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:34:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: The Old Guard Club's WotR game photo report - Catterick, N'Yorks  (Read 1623 times)

Offline RoyWilliamson

• Scientist
The Old Guard Club's WotR game photo report - Catterick, N'Yorks
« on: September 09, 2016, 10:39:53 AM »
Catterick, N'Yorks

What follows is a brief photo report of a recent game held on the club's first meet.
This isn't my period of expertise, so apologies where I've made any errors in the labels.

Club Night #1 (26th August 2016)

Attendance: 6
Games: 1
* War of the Roses in 6mm (multiplayer, Hail Caesar)
Yorkists to the Left of the photos, Lancastrians to the Right

The Yorkist Left begins to advance forward

The Yorkist Centre and Right

The Lancastrians await their first turn

The Yorkist Left smashes into melee, while the Centre comes under volleys of arrow fire from their Lancastrian counter-parts

The Yorkist Left is beyond their enemy's front lines, and having succeeded in melee they're ready to attempt a turning of the Lancastrian army's flank

The Yorkist Right, secure in the knowledge that the Centre units will act to secure their flank, is about to push forward to meet their enemy in melee

Two shots of the (nearest to camera) end of the battlefield - Yorkists closest to camera

And they're in! Pushing back the extreme flank of the Lancastrian army, the Yorkists follow them up.

Elsewhere, now the Yorkist Left has control of their end of the battlefield, the Yorkist Centre surges forward and forces the Lancastrians standing against them to flee from the field - Leaving the way open to sack the Lancastrian baggage camp ... If only I'd not failed my command roll and had been able to move my troops!

The End. The Yorkists control the centre of the field. Only token Lancastrian resistance is to be had on the Yorkist's left flank. And now the Yorkist Right has encircled the last enemy units on their side of the battlefield, swiftly causing them to rout. Victory to the Yorkists.

##It needs to be said that my role of (successful) command of the Yorkist Centre was more down to good luck than great generalship. Getting those poor dice rolls out of the way early on always helps, when it came to melee my dice rolling was good.

Offline Bodvoc

• Librarian
    • The War Crow
Re: The Old Guard Club's WotR game photo report - Catterick, N'Yorks
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2016, 05:28:42 PM »
You think your dice rolls were bad, I went out and bought new dice after that game! :)
Looking forward to our second club night tonight. 3 games on offer ACW naval, 15mm WW2 and 6mm Hail caesar.
'If I throw a 6 I will do my happy dance.

Offline yorkie

• Assistant
    • Little Legions
Re: The Old Guard Club's WotR game photo report - Catterick, N'Yorks
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2016, 12:13:37 AM »
Yep a good game. My dice rolls were terrible too... Its what I deserve for commanding Lancastrians!