Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 05:58:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690727
  • Total Topics: 118343
  • Online Today: 947
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: COMMERCIAL: Forgotten and Glorious ACW Kickstarter  (Read 1887 times)

Offline General Lee

• Mad Scientist
COMMERCIAL: Forgotten and Glorious ACW Kickstarter
« on: December 03, 2016, 10:58:40 AM »
Awesome figures, excellent casting quality. let's make this happen! https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2051943832/28mm-union-and-confederate-infantry-for-american-c
\"It is well that war is so terrible, or we should grow too fond of it.\"

Offline dualer

• Bookworm
Re: COMMERCIAL: Forgotten and Glorious ACW Kickstarter
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2016, 07:48:46 PM »
Just saw this and am very excited. Superb figures, I hope this Kickstarter takes off. Just tried to post on TMP, but as usual, got the"time lock error".

Offline dualer

• Bookworm
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2016, 09:46:27 AM »
Just made a pledge. I have some of their Iron Brigade figures and they are excellent.

Offline Elk101

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2016, 10:44:43 AM »
The figures look very good. The comparison shot was useful too. They look like they'd size up well with Redoubt too.

Offline Calimero

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2016, 07:48:51 PM »

Can back these because I'm broke right now but, I got the Brooklyn Infantry and the Iron Brigade figures and they are GREAT miniatures!  8)
A CANADIAN local hobby store with a small selection of historical wargames miniatures (mainly from Warlords). They also have a great selection of paint and hobby accessories from Vallejo, Army painter, AK Interactive, Green Stuff World and more.; https://www.kingdomtitans.ca/us/

Offline flags_of_war

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Flags of War
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2016, 11:34:02 AM »
Exepriance of Kickstarters tells me that this will not be a success. Shame as i have backed it and would love to have the figures.

People back a kickstarter now expect a little something in return for backing but i don't see what that is at the moment.

Offline Forgotten Glorious

• Assistant
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2016, 11:49:01 AM »
Thanks for your messages and help

Well Iain about the little something you talk about I thought that a good price and free international shipping would be a good start but if you have some ideas please let me know I am very interested.

All the best

Franck

Offline flags_of_war

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Flags of War
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2016, 12:09:38 PM »
Thanks for your messages and help

Well Iain about the little something you talk about I thought that a good price and free international shipping would be a good start but if you have some ideas please let me know I am very interested.

All the best

Franck

I think they are good and as you know, I have backed it. I’m just going by my experience of what I have seen people expecting when backing a KS.

There are some really interesting stretch goals but I’m unsure if they are just Add on’s or freebies. If it's just add on’s they will be great additions to the hobby but they are also an added expense to backers at this time of the year. People are drawn in by the freebies with a kickstarter and sadly it's now seen as a must now.

I don't think free shipping is a huge draw for folk, well not as much as getting something for free. It must be a psyche thing that our heads.

There has to be something that makes folk think....I NEED TO BACK THIS NOW. If it doesn't have that then they will just pick it up when it launches as normal. That's even the case when it might not even fund if they don't back it. KS backers are weird this way.

I hope that it's really successful but my experience and knowing other kickstarters you need to have a huge chunk of your funds in the first few days or it's going to be really hard.

Get it TMP, Beasts of War, Dakka Dakka and other forums. You will need to promote that hell out of it. Look at other succesful kickstarters as a guide.

I don't normally share stuff on my FoW facebook unless I have a link with the company but I'm going to share this one as I really want it to be successful.

Iain

Offline Forgotten Glorious

• Assistant
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2016, 12:53:21 PM »
Thank you very much for you asnwer and to have talked about us on your FB page.

About the stretch goals you ar eright I think I will add some explanations but here they are too: they are not add ons nor gifts but choices and opportunities to change the miniatures you backed for by these ones so even if you pledge for 10 packs of frock coat infantry, if the Louisiana Tigers are unblocked you can choose any numbers of these packs in your bundle if you wish.

I hope it is clearer now

About gift well it was a debate with my partner between gift and free shipping and we choose free shipping. In fact to tell the truth we planned to make some give aways as painted miniatures or mdf bases or flags but I wanted to keep it secret for the moment and unveil them each week to add some surprise.

About TMP, Dakka, Beast etc... they should alreayd have posted some new about us but as it is not the case I will post on their forum soon.

Cheers

Clearly in my mind I am not on a 1 minute success KS but I was sure of that right from the start. Now I have 27 days left to try to share my love for the ACW and theses miniatures.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 01:59:53 PM by Forgotten Glorious »

Offline flags_of_war

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Flags of War
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2016, 01:29:47 PM »
Fingers crossed it's gets there Franck :)